Reviews for The Taste of Dust
nomdeplume30 chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
awww! I thought this was sweet. Poor Holmes, but it makes sense he has trouble adjusting. Watson has always been more adaptable. That's one of the reasons he could live with Holmes all those years! I love the thought of him falling in love with the car. I can just see it happening.
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
This was better than I thought it would be. Inventions started to explode around the turn of the century. I am not surprised that many felt left behind.

Keep writing!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
nice
Westron Wynde chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
Cars and Dr Watson - I love any fic that combines the two. The imagery of him in hat and goggles is great :)

Very much enjoyed it!
Elizabeth chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
Well, as with all of his other works, this author captures the spirit of the classical Watson and Holmes. I must admit that I just looked out of curiousity, but, boy, what a look it was! The characters are so vivid that they jump off the page and the interactions are wonderful and would work in the real world as well as the fictional. When I first glanced at this, I thought"He's in for culture shock! Poor Watson, forced to let go of the old horse and carrage and embrace the dreaded, noisy, smelly automoble." However, at the end, he relented, admitted graceful defeat. I really enjoyed this latest work of this author and hope that he will continue to write much more for all of us to enjoy. Keep up the good work,please.
Eyebrows2 chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
This is really beautifully conceived, and Watson's voice and personality particularly strong. The interplay between Holmes and Watson seems very conceivable as well. Enjoyed it a lot, thanks!
reflekshun chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
I really enjoyed this read, and I hope you post again soon. Thank you for sharing.
IrregularHonour chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
I love the progression of this story! It starts off so badly (for Watson) and then gets better and better until finally he scores one over Holmes!
Aragonite chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
Poignant, wistful and with a sprinkling of humor, and a spark of the spirit. I love this.
Pompey chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
LOL - I can't help wondering if the wife Holmes was referring to after his retirement is "Mercedes".

Good for Watson for finding away around the blues! And for picking up on how to drive quickly.

(My grandfather, born in 1922, was taught in an open field by his older brother who yanked on his ear every time my grandpa made a mistake. I'm glad for Watson's sake that he had a more civilized teacher.)
filodea chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
Poor Holmes! I like the idea that Watson would fall for a car. I felt sorry for him in the first entry. He is not the only ex-soldier who has hit the pavement due to a car backfiring. I like your take on Holmes, and Watson, especially.