Reviews for Lingering Ghosts
paisleygirl chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
I love how different this piece is...I was left with the feeling that Erik would try to change for Raoul, and try very hard, so I'm with you, hoping he might.

I also enjoyed how it seemed Raoul was in complete control the entire time, but neither one of them really realized it until the end. The fact that Erik thinks Raoul may hurt him but goes willingly anyways is such a subtle but wonderful hint at how Erik's feelings might be so much more than the possessive least that's how I interpreted that line.

I think your one-shots are so refreshing and to read a few of them between the longer, chapter fics!
Cute-but-the-devil chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
All beautiful things grow in strange place and that is the same for Erik and his love. It is just how things work and even if people think it not right well there crazy. To have love is to have life.
Haru Kinome chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Good: *crazy grin* As much as a big part of me loves sappy, fluffy stories, there's always that one little part of me that craves psycho!relationship fics. The idea of a relationship tinted with desperation, greed, possessiveness, and even a bit of violence really makes that part of me purr (er, fictionally. Real life relationship abuse freaks me the hell out). That kind of darker relationship suits Erik a bit, ne? I'm really happy that I got to read something like that. Thank you for not shying away from it.

Ah, and poor Raoul, trapped in Erik's cycle of possessiveness. The word 'haunted' is such an extraordinary choice of diction: enough to convey the fleeting sensations caused by memories, the ache left behind when something more substantial cannot replace them, the frantic insanity building as each day passes. Plus, Erik - opera ghost - haunting *facepalm* Aiyaa, I like puns too much. So much meaning in such a little word... very nice.

Bad: It's a bit unclear what happened before Raoul's return. I had to read it a couple times before I understood. Or before I thought I understood...? I think Raoul's little freak out about Erik's obsessiveness was a tad Christine-ish, though :/ Ah, but she'd never return to that kind of darkness (thank the Gods).
so2460done chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
Busive relationships make me want to hit people. Ironic, isn't it...? &erik would never change. :P I'm not sure how I feel about this one. You're right, it's angsty but fluffy. It's like a leather straightjacket with fawx fur trimming... Odd to picture, but attainable somehow. I prefer sugar in my tea, it makes it more barable. :P too much angst makes me cry a little.
Kittendragon chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
I think Erik changes, and let's Raoul have free reign... because of the fear that if he didn't Raoul would take a more permanent and violent leave. One that he could never return from.

Well done. :) I usually hate seeing characters return to abusive relationships...but I think in this case, Erik would never physically hurt Raoul, and the distance that Raoul put between them for a time might have actually given Erik time to reassess his approach.

whatevergirl chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
Dark but fluffy... apparently not too contradictory. You did it very well. So cute though! :)
The Crazed Artist chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
Ah but if it wasn't for these twisted relationships we would all be bored! :D

Oh why oh why are you doing other stories like this your poor thing! Are you masochistic or something? I'm glad it's a one-shot, at least I assume so, or else I would be worried for your poor wrists.

Very interesting that you do a one-shot with a previously established relationship. One doesn't find those too often. I really enjoyed this tid-bit or angst-y fluff. Tastes like dark chocolate: Bitter but with enough sweet to make me not want to spit it out and encourages me to keep on chewing. :P
Mallie chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
I want to say that Erik will change, but I'm not sure he can. However I'll hope so anyway because, damnit, I want them to have a happy ending!
heavenly.shades chapter 1 . 11/12/2009

Once again youve written a really good one shot. I really am jealous now ;D

I agree with you about Erik not being able to change who he is but i think that if he truly loves Raoul (who doesnt) he will try really hard to be different. And of course Raoul needs to be patient with him.

Keep up the great work! Oh and you shouldnt feel bad about taking longer with your updates because your true fans understand that perfection takes time.

Silverwind Fara chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
really good ficlet.

I love the way you do Erik and his twisted mind.

Thanks for posting and a late happy Halloween