Reviews for Reaction Formation
Lakitalover chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Awww. :) I love a happy ending. I think you capture Buffy's inner voice really well. And I've always liked the idea of Angel being with Faith (though I think Angel would have been a bit politer/more subtle about it while Buffy was still in the kitchen even if he was trying to make a point).
cavemenftw chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Ha! This was great. Read it twice in a row.
SKLBug210 chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
I loved this! and I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the Buffy/Angel thing as them putting each other on pedestals. And yes I realize you published this two years ago... but I still loved it!

kat
Peregrinate chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
LOL. Mhm.
Arina Summer chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
This was very sweet. I don't care what other people say about how Spike should have walked away. The end of BtVS showed Spike loving Buffy no matter how much crap she gives him. So why, when he finally gets his love returned, would he walk away?

It sort of reminds of this sarcastic quote from a friend of mine, not surprisingly, about Spike loving Buffy. "It's like your dying of thirst and have no water. You wait for, like, 3 days for it but no luck. Then on the 4th, you get water, finally. So you had to wait and endure pain for it. What, are you going to walk away from the water because you had to wait for it? Or are you going to take it?"

Ok, that is my really round about way of saying I love this parody :)
Stand In Girl chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Ahahahahahaha! I don't think Buffy's nearly this dumb, but your caricature of her was excellent. What a great exaggeration of her thought process! All of the ideas about how love was "perfect" and "untainted" and whatnot really cracked me up.

This fic showcased the flaws of the Bangel pairing and also showcased why Buffy is just so dumb sometimes (although like I said, not quite THIS dense, hah). I love how she never realized that being comfortable with Spike and lusting after him and respecting him meant she was in love with him. Oh, Buffy! Great job.
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
yes this is a parday

i am a guy so i dont look at thinks like you do, and i blame a lot on spike

buffy come back mess up... spike tell her YOU came back wrong, over and over again...

buffy tell him stay away form me over and over again, and HE still chaces her...

he makes her mad so he hit him, then HIT her back... then loses so buffy feels so guily...

did you see the shower scean where buffy was crying and trying to scrub spike off her.

he said he was going to tell her friend as a theat to her...

he never told any one else he could have told her friends so they can help...

and sold damon eggs that kill many, and then tried to rape her...

xander would have done none of those thinks...

if spike care about her the first time she hit me i would have back off and siad buffy are you ok, let me help you... tell her firends and with them and me we could have heal her faster... that summer after spike left she was happy with dawn and xander.. she was smileing..
Kina Kalamari chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
Wonderful story. Hard getting through the Angel stuff, but it was worth it. Very nice job. )
Cherryll chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
Dont belive them its not true what they write They forget that Spike ones told that he is loves Bitch will say he is a slave to love in love he is faitful and will do anything for love and will be there 100% fore the one ihe loves

Buffy likes him I know that but but she is afraid to let her self be in love again she think he will leave her just like the others so she is trying to put some distance betwen her and Spike so she not get hurt

Spike is loves bitch so the three words I love you from Buffy will get him back to her he did not belive down there she told him that he was trying to saVE her I belive so keep going and write more the story is as I like then
coalitiongirl chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
In response to the below review, my rebuttal:

If you had read the summary beforehand, you would see that first and foremost, this fic is a parody. Primarily, it parodies Buffy's twisted mind. And in her mind, she is so messed up from Angel and what she thought was love that what she wants needs to be spelled out for her.

And about Spike- he is not a normal man, clearly. This is canon-based. And in canon, he is mostly Buffy's lapdog for the last two seasons of BtVS. He lets her beat him, both physically and emotionally, and never breaks it off with her- in fact, he can't even let go after she ends it. Moments after he admits that the one night they spent together was the best night of his life, he sees her kissing another man and STILL lets her back in.

SPIKE: Well, you're not staying here! You can't buy me off with shiny beads and sweet talk. You've got Angel-breath. I?m not going to just let you whack me back and forth like a rubber ball. I got my pride, you know.

BUFFY: I understand.

SPIKE: Clearly you don't, 'cause the whole 'having my pride' thing was just a smokescreen.

Spike has no pride by the end, nothing other than his love for Buffy. Personally, I hated Buffy during season six. And I wanted nothing more than for Spike to leave and teach her a lesson. But he didn't, and never has, turned her away. And that's canon. Attacking my gender doesn't make it any less canon. Joss Whedon is male, and he wrote the character of Spike as an increasingly feminine character (For more on that, see "The Search for Spike's Balls" by Sherrilyn Kenyon) who is as stereotypically a weak female as you accuse me of being. I'm sorry that the Spike you cling to has slowly been destroyed throughout the show, but this is regrettably what Spike has become.

I appreciate your feedback, and the fact that you didn't just write "this is crap" or something similar, but wrote something to which I could respond. One note, though- in constructive criticism, it's considered common courtesy to only analyze the story, not the person writing it. Instead of, for example, "you suck!", one should write "this story sucks!" and then, of course, explain why. Thank you.
Kazekira chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
-Shakes head- I would've had at least an ounce ( A very small ounce) of respect for you if Spike would have walked away from her.

Female writers like you continue to drag down Spike's character for you own fan girlish desires of having their cake and eating it too.

Buffy broke his heart numerous times, Beat and used him which is just fine as long as it happens to a man but if it happens to woman it's the greastest sin ever. one top of that she sleeps with Angel and only after Angel sends her off does she come up with the idea that she loves Spike.

Spike or any man wouldn't want to be anywhere near that diseased woman, Only hopeless sweaty little girls actually write and believe a man would be that desperately in love to let a woman who is un-worthy of his affections to begin with continue you that shit.

This story and you foolish idea of love doesn't work, Buffy should have to do a helluva lot more than shed a tear for spike to just basicly shrug and say 'All is forgiven'. You should be ashamed of yourself for even posting this sick and twisted perversion of love.