Reviews for Her Own Particular Shade of Ebony
letmesign chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Seriously, woman. Please stop making me fall in love with you. You're married and...well, it's just inappropriate. I knew this was going to be dark, but I didn't expect THIS. This was just brilliant. Your imagery and the cadence of your words never fails to leave me shaking my head in awe. The way you portrayed how Jasper feels other people's emotions was gorgeous. And I can't believe Alice killed him in the end, but it completely makes sense.

Loved it. Just LOVED it.
KJS X-OVER chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
That was so beautiful... I doubt there are enough words in my vocabulary to describe how beautiful this was. I think this is the first J/A fic I read. I was skeptical at first, but the sumary was too intriguing for me to resist, of which I am grateful for. I expected him to change her, but it was still a great shock when it happened... Poor Alice! And Jasper... I found it very curious the way he thrived from her pain, which was probably because her intense pain made the world seem more real to him. But still... Alice being subjected to an eternity of pain and a failure of suicides, without even a possibility of death... This was a gorgeous fic; thank you so much for writing it!
bouncy 72 chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Beautifully written, but so sad
treasurecoast chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Congrats on your win! I enjoyed reading this - so dark, despairing and emotional with wonderful imagery ... The scene of Alice crawling to find Jasper for her death and Jasper's thoughts "Now that she has found me I can tell that she will continue to find me, over and over again. There's nowhere on earth that I can run to where she can't see me." - nicely disturbing... And what an ending! "Alice," I whisper, and she is upon me. - this gave me goosebumps!

I loved the opening three paragraphs as well as:

Even the twist of her ear is sex and agony, shrapnel and pain as metal pierces it through again and again and again

But not her blood. Never her blood. Crimson, lush, ebony and ink, blood like a benediction. I know exactly what it would taste like, decadent on my tongue, the only thing to parch the blackness of my thirst. The blackness in her eyes. The blackness in her veins.
MaleficentKnits chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
first things first...thank you for entering the LFN contest...

OMJ! can I just stay how much I frickin' loved this story. I had chills through the entire read through. the angst, pain, and misery painted in such glorious bruised colours... this is exactly the kind of story I've been hoping for in our contest. dark, tormented Alice just wanting release through death... Jasper feeding off of her if only for her suffering and the beauty it paints for him like an incubus as artist... the scars that she wears like bracelets reminding her of her failures... the sensuous lemon of blood, venom, and sexual lust... Jasper giving in to his own selfishness instead of giving Alice the ultimate relief that begs of him. and finally, ah... the sweet revenge she extols on him for his failure to release her from this world. beautiful my sweet... absolutely, painfully, bleak and miserable... Mal adores you for this. Thank you.
chele681 chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Well, that was both painful, a little scary and definitely dark. Undoubtedly well written and totally unique.
nitareality chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
Amazing. Oh Jasper...so now there walks the angriest Alice vamp in the world? I love dark/crazy Alice.
ahizelm chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
This was dark.

Dark, intense, oddly erotic, painful and it even had a dash of ecstasy within the confines of this strange predatory story. It begs the question: Who was the true predator? Jasper or Alice? There are so many tangents to think on, but over all of the possibilities, over all of the madness in this one shot...

It was strangely beautiful. Dark, but beautiful.

Thank you for sharing it.
LBJoy chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
Wow that was intense... loved it!
MCat337 chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
this was really good! i don't usually like a/j stories, but i really loved all the... weird descriptions and how attached you seemed to be with the plot, even though it was so short. like some other reviewers, i was kind of confused by the ending. did she... kill him? attack him? it's not some sort of love story ending? i was just sort of confused by the quick wrap-up.
IcelandGirl812 chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
Amazing. I'm just...I'm left speechless. That took me for such a complete ride, I don't even know how to describe it beyond beautiful, stunning, and heart-wrenchingly fantastic.

I must admit though, the ending confused me a bit. I wasn't sure if she killed him, or...what? In any case, I really enjoyed reading this, thanks for sharing it! :)
kirmit chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
I loved this. :) so good.
coolbreeeze chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
I'm not sure if this review will be coherent at all b/c I have been rendered speechless by this o/s. I got sucked in by your summary alone - he tastes emotions like colors? How do you come up with sentences like this? The way you described the way Alice looked made me feel like I was seeing her through Jasper's eyes. The way she told her story about wanting to die, smearing blood on her face like war paint, Jasper's failed attempt of bringing color into her life? Jesus god woman! You are such a talented writer I can't sing your praises enough. Then when he made her immortal...and she woke up, seething and full of rage, wanting to know how he could make her immortal when she spent her whole life trying to die...I felt his selfishness in keeping her for himself, and felt her pain from wanting to die. This line, "And then there is no color anymore." just brought your story full circle and killed me. She told him he kept her waiting a long time...I wonder if she truly new her immortal fate before he changed her... LOVED this! 3
ktsgran chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
Magnificent! Thank you JPL
beegurl13 chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
Wow! This is so good! I love the angst of it, and I like that the end isn't exactly happy, that's kind of refreshing. :D The way you describe things is incredible, it's like poetry, it's so beautiful. Really interesting take on the whole Jasper and Alice meeting, I liked that. This was good, you did a great job!
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »