Reviews for When Trouble Finds Us
chelsea1234 chapter 21 . 3/28/2010
Great chapter! Thanks :)
xenascully chapter 21 . 3/27/2010
somehow i missed this chapter, and now i understand why i was confused at the beginning of the next one lol
xenascully chapter 22 . 3/27/2010
omg u r evil! hurry and update!
starjems88 chapter 21 . 3/27/2010
Plz update soon:)
dakota.doc chapter 21 . 3/27/2010
another great chapter, I'm going to have to re-read this when it's done though. My memory is not as good as it was 30 years ago.
alix33 chapter 20 . 3/21/2010
"Guess that means I've been a real pain in the ass for everyone, huh?" Tim said with a full piece of his normal self depreciation back in his tone. "Nonsense, Timothy. I can promise you that if any of your team members hear you say that, you will be "Gibbs-slapped' to the point of needing to be treated for a concussion!" Ducky warned." - Hehehe at Ducky knowing the correct terminology for Gibbs' method of discipline!
Gustavia chapter 19 . 3/8/2010
This dramatic and heartbreaking story continues and I am glad you are NOT falling into the trap of rushing to get to the end.

Chapter 19 was so poignant allowing the reader to enter the mixed up pain filled and at times disjointed thinking of Tim. This point in the story only serves to enhance the disbelief that Tim feels. We the reader are on this rollercoaster of pain and angst with him and our interest is enhanced as to what happens next.

The unconditional acceptance and peace he finds with the dog is at the right moment and allows us all for a brief time to simply be glad for him. He gets a break and embraces this peace even although we and he are aware that more heartbreak is on the way.

Will the parents of the two dead women be satisfied with Tim McGee resigning? I think not.

The misplaced guilt that they feel for not being contactable at the time of their daughters deaths can and probably will drive them to seek public restitution that may lead to a trial for Tim McGee as the accused.

No-one is more aware of the blame culture than Jenny. I think Gibbs gets this and that is why he is so angry at Jen. Nothing could or would ever enough for the parents of the dead women and she knows it but in taking this action she covers her own back.

At least with the resignation of the team Gibbs et al have no conflict of intersest in what may or may not be about to happen and will be free to openly fight McGee's corner.

A wonderful and heartbreaking tale Smartkid I am impressed at the way you are capturing all of the team and this serves as a good example of a team charactor fic that potrays the affects of events on all of them. Yes Tim may be the central point in the story but everyone is getting equal time by showing their reactions thoughts and deeds as the story unfolds.

Well written and I am enjoying all of your work I must say that of the FOUR stories that you are running at present I cannot pick a favourite as they are all different genres set around the McGee charactor. To compare one over another does an injustice to you as a writer. You have a great gift in placing the reader where you want them to be.

Well done and I await further chapters as you can post them.
BnBfanatic chapter 4 . 3/7/2010
There are about ten NCIS fan fics going that are about Tim but that don't tell you WHO the agent is until 2-3 chapters into it. It's like they want all of the Tony centric fic lovers to THINK it might be Tony, but then we have to read to find out it's not. It makes it hard to picture the story in your head when you don't know who the writer is talking about for a while. I am not saying that is what you did but I just don't like when a writer or fic is not clear or upfront.
chelsea1234 chapter 19 . 3/6/2010
Great chapter! I feel so badly for Tim. Thanks :)
STLFAN chapter 19 . 3/6/2010
Baby Steps. Tim's response to getting Jethro the dog back was the first step to his healing. Nicely done again.
Shelbylou chapter 19 . 3/6/2010
Wow! That was excellent, you really captured Tim's pain in the dream sequence and if truth be told, I could have cried (God i'm such a baby lol)

Excellent update and I can't wait to read more

Shelbylou x
Gustavia chapter 18 . 2/28/2010
Beatifully written and I think you were correct to bring the dog Jethro back into the story beside Tim. The unconditional love that man and dog have will be a Godsend to him right now and an anchor to reality. Jethro (Dog) is the only being that will let Tim just be without Tim having any fears of recriminations or preconcieved notions at what he may or may not be feeling or do next. Jethro the man recognises this and lets Tim be needed by the dog in order to give Tim the grounding space he needs.

I love the way you have used the character traits of Abbey to show us all just how easily we can hamper pre-conceived notions about the journey of grief and how one is expected to behave or display strong emotion. Abbey is a sensitive woman but also a rather self centered woman at times and you have shown this all too human characteristic without needing to villify her. Not as easy as some may think.

I think Tony would be this sensitive to what Tim feels and why Jethro Gibbs is the man Tim would feel safe enough to be Tim with all that entails. Tony has had a very difficult emotional childhood and has been in a position of needing Gibbs before therefore I honestly feel Tony would say this, He totally gets where Tim is and why he is with Gibbs and not seeking Abbey at present.

We know Tony and Gibbs are the support of one another when it comes to life issues. Tony gets Gibbs from his needs emotionally and never queries about those darn medals but simply takes them and locks them away every time Gibbs get another award. Gibbs won't accept an accolade that addresses him soley as he truly believes in the team is all. Tony knows this without the need to explain to others.

I honestly feel Tony would have had this conversation with Abbey, the fact that Gibbs overheard but was not surprised nor did he feel the need to say anything other than a thank you to Tony aids in understanding this complex relationship between them. Gibbs knows to send Abbey away now would just set up future insecurities for her therefore he was willing for the sake of Abbey to explain further. The fact Ducky arrived allows Gibbs to get a much needed rest but not before ensuring that Tony would go and spend time with Ziva. Gibbs trusted Tony to keep his team together at a time when Gibbs was needed to keep just one man together.

This is such a well written and well explored foray into what makes them all tick as individuals and as a cohesive team unit.

Exceedingly well written Smartkid and I await further chapters.
chelsea1234 chapter 18 . 2/28/2010
Great chapter. Thanks :)
JellyKate1 chapter 18 . 2/28/2010
Poor Tim. Hope they can help him through. Some of the stuff Tony was saying to Abby sounded more like things Ducky would say.
STLFAN chapter 18 . 2/28/2010
Nicely done. Well written. Glad you brough Jethro back to confort Tim.
81 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »