Reviews for Leaves of Konoha
MBScavenger1498 chapter 10 . 12/10/2013
These are very good, nice little one-shots, not too complicated, but not lacking in depth either. Hope to see more at some point.
Drake-Azathoth chapter 10 . 5/29/2012
Heya! Just thought I'd let you know how much I liked this particular series of one-shots you're doing. You seem to have a talent for picking out bits and pieces of canon and looking at them from an angle that's seldom examined so thoughtfully.

I especially liked the chapter where the ANBU is talking about the Hokages and what happened during Sarutobi's assassination. There were some disturbing implications to the fight and it takes guts to examine that... And the way you examined it was novel and refreshing. Rather than go the 'cheap' route of trying to affect the reader through the emotionally wrought-up point of view of someone influenced by the tragedy we're put in the perspective of a cynical ANBU commander instead. His tactics for dealing with his subordinate push past the original incident into helping the reader think about how often ninja are forced to rationalize or ignore some really disturbing stuff! It was very powerful and original writing and the more I think about it the more I like it.
65fgklfdkljhtgf chapter 10 . 12/7/2011
Loving the increasing desperation about reviews in the comments, and can definitely understand it. The pieces are well written, humorous, serious and sad where they should be. Everyone is in character yet not unoriginally portrayed. You just keep hitting the nail right on with this story. Bravo!

Can honestly not tell why this thing has so little response, so here's me attempting to remedy that. Write on!
Kyte chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Well, Gai developed applied a fighting style devoted solely to counter the Sharingan, and actually fared pretty damn well against Itachi, who's on Kakashi's level if not better. So it'd be a close fight, IMO.
Hendy853 chapter 10 . 3/15/2011
Alright, it's official, you're one of my favorite fanfic writers.

These vignettes are great, short enough to be easy to read while long enough to be provocative... well, as provocative as a shonen fanfic can be.

You really understand the canon. That was already apparent when reading Connecting the Dots, but here it's blatantly obvious. Especially in regards to characterization (if you have any characterization advice, I'd be happy to have it).

I think my favorite one of these would be Lee and Neji's conversation. That was very well done.

And if... no, WHEN you get more vignettes out, PLEASE spend some time on the Konoha cast interacting with foreign shinobi, i was somewhat disappointed that Karui didn't show up in the war preparation chapter.
JAK Kinase chapter 10 . 3/1/2011
A fascinating chapter. Hinata's POV was especially appropriate. I kind of wish Kishimoto would focus a bit more on the other Rookie 9 but well, that's what happens.

Thanks for writing this!
JAK Kinase chapter 8 . 3/1/2011
Your Lee is one of the most three-dimensional iterations of him I have ever seen... while still remaining, well, Lee.

Awesome. xD
Jak chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
Nice. I always wondered how Kakashi and Gai first met up. xD
1WiththeButterfly chapter 10 . 12/6/2010
Very nice, very nice indeed. It really hurts that Kishi handles all these huge events so offhandedly. I would have happily read two or three chapters focused purely on the war.

And many chapters dealing with the giant cluster**** that Hinata's confession has turned into. In-universe, its been maybe a month, and no one has thought to bring that up?

But then theres stuff like this, which is just amazing :D

Till Next Time
Zankaru Zelladonii chapter 9 . 11/6/2010
~*~*~*~

Your the first person I have seen even mention this in a fic, and I have been reading naruto FF for nearly two years now! Was a great read!

~*~ZZ~*~
Lady Red 88 chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
No no, I think you had it right. Gai is a taijutsu expert and practies that a lot longer and harder than anybody else. But like you said, Kakashi is very talented and would probably just 'beat Gai into next week.' Or something like that so I liked that Kakashi won but had a tough time doing it.

Anyway, it's not the first time I've read of the fated Gai and Kakashi meeting but it's a nice interpretation. Good stuff all round.
Sargomes chapter 7 . 1/20/2010
really well written. You got a sensible and realistic picture of the nins world
xenu1275 chapter 8 . 1/5/2010
I love team Gai, and Neji's futile attempt to reason with Lee is really funny. You still have some issues with the punctuation of dialogue. For instance,

"Lee, I'm supposed to stay up half the night." Neji reasoned.

should be written as

"Lee, I'm supposed to stay up half the night," Neji reasoned.

The "he said" bit is part of the sentence that includes the quote, so it can't stand alone. But really your writing is very good, and I like how you're doing scenes that could easily fit in canon. You also have an astounding range - this piece is lighter and more comedic, while the chapter "Leaves Laughing in the Wind" is very somber. That chapter, which is all about Hiashi, is beautifully written. I think you're strongest when you're writing introspection, and it's clear you've really thought about Hiashi's motivations and worked hard to portray him as something other than a complete jerk (in other fanfictions I've seen him as a stereotypical 'bad father,' and I find that perspective lacking). In this chapter and all the others, I really appreciate your well-rounded characterizations and attention to tone and detail. You evoke a variety of moods and do them all well. Keep up the good work!
extroverses chapter 8 . 1/5/2010
-“What on earth is that supposed to mean?”-

No one knows Neji, no one ever knows what Lee's talking about... -_-U
UnagiKeki chapter 5 . 12/17/2009
Or Naruto wants to be spotted from space.

You gotta give him credit- he's been running around in orange for ten years, now, and nobody's nailed him yet. That's evasionary skill for ya.