Reviews for What We Become
Samolfran chapter 32 . 3/12/2010
oh no... What's going to happen to Cullen now? Will they find extra lyrium somewhere?

It always amazes me how you can start out slowly and then when you get to Cullen's part, it speeds up and becomes frantic, and the suspension is keeping me breathless on the edge of my seat.

I love this, I really do. Your talent in this is awesome :)

I hope you're going to move the action a little bit more along in the next chapters, because as intriguing as it is to get all these emotions and experiences from the characters, it feels a bit bare if we don't go anywhere in the plot for the duration of the chapter, if you know what I mean?

So; great writing, and I hope you get to update soon.
OfCakeAndIceCream chapter 32 . 3/11/2010
another excellent addition! I'll be adding you on lj for the snippets!
Shanda27 chapter 32 . 3/11/2010
You are brilliant.

I read the last line, and I think my heart skipped over a beat or three.
Southpaw211 chapter 32 . 3/11/2010
No! Cullen! I can't handle a cliffhanger and tasty angst at the same time. But yay that Teagan is awake - phew!
Dasque chapter 32 . 3/11/2010
So - I set aside my math homework when I saw that you had updated, thinking that I could use the break. And now I will not be able to concentrate on silly things like /numbers/ until I know what's going on.

Another brilliant chapter. Your prose is always flawless, and how you continue to leave us in suspense from chapter to chapter astounds me. Cullen's slow descent into madness has been heart wrenching as well as convincing. You have a masterpiece in the making, here.

And now you have to update soon so I do not fail math, please.
NuitNuit chapter 32 . 3/11/2010
"Unless you've a burning need for blood and mushrooms, no," Zevran returns disgustedly. "Why can't we have the good fortune to kill the rich and fashionable darkspawn?"

Oh those disrespectful darkspawn always dropping those useless mushrooms!

Seriously, love the update and zomg, cliffhanger!
ninjamonkey20 chapter 32 . 3/11/2010
Oh no Cullen! Don't take all your drugs at once. P Great update, I can't wait to see what this powerful darkspawn is that Therrin can kinda sense.
NotLaura chapter 31 . 3/10/2010
I love this story more than I can express. You have a beautiful way with words that just draws me into every scene in a really visceral way. The present tense is the perfect compliment to the tone of the story, as well, ramping up the tension in a very real way and absolutely *selling* the moment.

Furthermore, Cullen's POV was absolutely mesmerizing. His breakdown is so raw and real and confused that my heart just aches for him. This is a masterpiece, Crisium.

PS: you are hot.
Freesourceful chapter 31 . 3/10/2010
Beautiful words and beautiful characterizations - dreamlike drama like stained glass figures wandering in a fog. And that's both the charm and the drawback to this story. Everybody is beautifully rendered, and everybody sounds exactly the same. Although the narrative is poignantly rendered and the internal dialogue differently focused depending on the character, there's not much uniqueness to the individual voices.

Touching and pointed as the dialogue can be, as pretty and harsh the quiet moments in the minds of the characters might take their mood, the overriding voice of the narrator dampens the story entirely - it's hard to see any one character as a character in and of him/herself. Which is both good and bad, as i see it. Good in that the story is consistently and beautifully told, bad in that reading it straight results in a strangely monotonous tone and mood. Which is not to say the narrator's words are not compelling.
Kimbo chapter 31 . 3/10/2010
I just caught up to the current chapter... and i need moar. This story is fantastic. You are awesome at getting the reader into the character's headspace, feeling the thought processes. The reader feels the story, and there's a lot to feel here. I am impressed, and hooked.
Raynne chapter 31 . 3/9/2010
This is such a great story. Thanks for the new chapter! All the characterizations are great. I love how everyone seems to be constantly changing and growing.

I hope things work out for Cullen soon!
Reirei666 chapter 31 . 3/9/2010
Lovely chapter. I love your take on Cullen. Hell, I love your take on Alistair. It's nice to see him not so damned goofy. You are magnificent! Brava!
grouchtomato chapter 31 . 3/9/2010
There is nothing more charming that a royal, bumbling, sweet Alistair. Was there more that he wanted to say on bended knee or did embarrassment curb his tongue?

I think it's extremely amusing that Zevran calls Alistair funny when Zevran's the one who takes his victories where he can find them, "no matter how small and ridiculous."
OfCakeAndIceCream chapter 31 . 3/8/2010
Good to see another chapter!

And yay banhammer is alright! Or...IS HE~?
ninjamonkey20 chapter 31 . 3/8/2010
Aww poor Cullen and his withdrawals. And seriously, Alistar needs to back off on the jealous ex-lover thing. P Great update, I really enjoyed it. It's so easy for me to get caught up in your words and experience the story as if it were real. Hope you have a chance to update soon.
825 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »