Reviews for What We Become
ninjamonkey20 chapter 32 . 3/11/2010
Oh no Cullen! Don't take all your drugs at once. P Great update, I can't wait to see what this powerful darkspawn is that Therrin can kinda sense.
NotLaura chapter 31 . 3/10/2010
I love this story more than I can express. You have a beautiful way with words that just draws me into every scene in a really visceral way. The present tense is the perfect compliment to the tone of the story, as well, ramping up the tension in a very real way and absolutely *selling* the moment.

Furthermore, Cullen's POV was absolutely mesmerizing. His breakdown is so raw and real and confused that my heart just aches for him. This is a masterpiece, Crisium.

PS: you are hot.
Freesourceful chapter 31 . 3/10/2010
Beautiful words and beautiful characterizations - dreamlike drama like stained glass figures wandering in a fog. And that's both the charm and the drawback to this story. Everybody is beautifully rendered, and everybody sounds exactly the same. Although the narrative is poignantly rendered and the internal dialogue differently focused depending on the character, there's not much uniqueness to the individual voices.

Touching and pointed as the dialogue can be, as pretty and harsh the quiet moments in the minds of the characters might take their mood, the overriding voice of the narrator dampens the story entirely - it's hard to see any one character as a character in and of him/herself. Which is both good and bad, as i see it. Good in that the story is consistently and beautifully told, bad in that reading it straight results in a strangely monotonous tone and mood. Which is not to say the narrator's words are not compelling.
Kimbo chapter 31 . 3/10/2010
I just caught up to the current chapter... and i need moar. This story is fantastic. You are awesome at getting the reader into the character's headspace, feeling the thought processes. The reader feels the story, and there's a lot to feel here. I am impressed, and hooked.
Raynne chapter 31 . 3/9/2010
This is such a great story. Thanks for the new chapter! All the characterizations are great. I love how everyone seems to be constantly changing and growing.

I hope things work out for Cullen soon!
Reirei666 chapter 31 . 3/9/2010
Lovely chapter. I love your take on Cullen. Hell, I love your take on Alistair. It's nice to see him not so damned goofy. You are magnificent! Brava!
grouchtomato chapter 31 . 3/9/2010
There is nothing more charming that a royal, bumbling, sweet Alistair. Was there more that he wanted to say on bended knee or did embarrassment curb his tongue?

I think it's extremely amusing that Zevran calls Alistair funny when Zevran's the one who takes his victories where he can find them, "no matter how small and ridiculous."
OfCakeAndIceCream chapter 31 . 3/8/2010
Good to see another chapter!

And yay banhammer is alright! Or...IS HE~?
ninjamonkey20 chapter 31 . 3/8/2010
Aww poor Cullen and his withdrawals. And seriously, Alistar needs to back off on the jealous ex-lover thing. P Great update, I really enjoyed it. It's so easy for me to get caught up in your words and experience the story as if it were real. Hope you have a chance to update soon.
Judy chapter 31 . 3/8/2010
Excellent as allways
Littera chapter 31 . 3/8/2010
I can't choose between glomping you or cuddling Cullen.
Samolfran chapter 31 . 3/8/2010
Oh My God! I physically hurt when you write Cullen's piece. How absolutely exquisitely beautiful, sad and torturing. Oh, I just don't understand how Therrin can stop herself from holding him and soothing him, and she is the only thing he remembers!

The killer is that I really like Alistair in this one too. But he's made his choices and needs to start sticking by them and letting Therrin have a shot at happiness - even if it IS with an occasionally homicidal junkie on withdrawal. Heh.

Anyways, enough said; I love it, I'm waiting for more, I love it a lot, please update soon, and oh! I LOVE it!
Freckles04 chapter 31 . 3/8/2010
I'm not normally a fan of the present tense, but I love how you make it work. It flows so well, it just carries you along into the story wonderfully.

I also love how you write Cullen's increasing confusion. It would be so easy to lose the reader at that point, but you don't. It flows from lucidity to confusion and back seamlessly.

And a third thing I love: Alistair and Therrin's relationship as friends. It's awkward and it's tense, but it feels so real, like two people who love each other, still, trying to figure out how to be best friends. It's bittersweet but wonderful to read.

Thank you so much for continuing this story. I love it!
Sagacious Rage chapter 31 . 3/8/2010
I love your Alistair. I am so glad you resolved the teaser and in a way that totally makes sense but is not at all like I thought it would be.
Quillweave chapter 31 . 3/8/2010
Your writing is always so incredibly powerful and such a delight to read. :D
819 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »