Reviews for What We Become
Dunquixote chapter 3 . 4/12/2012
If these fan fictions weren't based off of another story, I would seriously ask you to let me know when this is published. I don't know if you intended to make anything in this chapter humorous, but I couldn't hold myself from laughing-in a good way. :) I love your descriptions, dialogue, and portrayal of the characters. I can picture everything that you have written so far.
lynn-writer chapter 5 . 1/13/2012
My new favorite line...

"Oghren had taken great delight in teaching her a number of dwarven curses, including a particularly creative one involving a hand-shovel, a deck of cards, and a dead nug."
emilymarie0201 chapter 40 . 12/12/2011
Wow. Absolutely incredible are the only words coming to mind right now after reading this, for the past few days my eyes have been glued to my computer screen - reading and reading and reading some more. I'm sad the story has come to an end though, you did an absolutely amazing job on this story. It was so well written and so incredibly...I can't think of the word lol. I really hope you DO write a sequel!
emilymarie0201 chapter 6 . 12/11/2011
I think this has to be the funniest story I have ever read, I was dying the entire time! Typical Oghren, awesome job!
Amorissy chapter 40 . 11/22/2011
This. Oh, Maker. This. ALL of this.

I sat down yesterday and read the entire thing. Entire. Gobbled it down in one sitting, as one is supposed to do with a fic that absolutely cannot be walked away from, even if one has a house to clean and supper to make, and all those mundane things that cannot compare with a good read. For nothing, nothing in this world compares with a GOOD READ.

I am ever so delighted that I found this story, and the squeal of sheer and utter glee that went up when I read that there is a SEQUEL probably shattered some windows, and what's even better is that I can sit down today and do the exact same thing all over again.

Thank you, are truly the only words I have for you. And good job. And wow. And thank you, again.
Taffia chapter 6 . 11/17/2011
This, right here, is proof that I never took Oghren around with me *enough*. This is laugh-out-loud amusing, and what makes it even better is that Oghren just *doesn't let up*. Normally, I'd have some comment where the dialogue went on much longer than necessary...but no. No, it NEEDED to go that long just because those Templars just had it coming. For a long time.

Continuing on, now. :)
Taffia chapter 3 . 11/17/2011
Jealous of the dog...HA! Oh, that was so well-played. ;)
claire83 chapter 40 . 11/9/2011
I LOVED this story! You write beautifully, and I can't wait to read the sequel. I don't usually read stories that deviate from the happy ending I work so hard for in my game, but I am so glad that I gave into temptation and read this. I read it straight through and am still just, wow. Awesome story and great writer. I have rambled enough, but if someone is reading this review to decide if this story is worth reading, it so totally is. Completely worth it.
Jupplyr chapter 40 . 10/22/2011
I love this story I couldn't stop reading it once I started.
15stitches chapter 40 . 10/11/2011
Wow, Crisium, this story is absolutely phenomenal! I really enjoyed how you used the different P.O.V's. That really kept everything nice and interesting (awesome storyline aside ;) I really found Dog's the most amusing and fun. Aside from his, I liked Cullen's and Therrin's.

I find myself reading this story over and over again. The realism is off the charts. The emotions are strong and tangible. The characters, the likeness from the game.

Kudos, for sure! Added this (and you) to faves :D I will be checking back DAILY for sequels and such :)
Rose Tinted Contact Lenses chapter 40 . 8/25/2011
*applause* Ah. Wonderfully, wonderfully done.

Thank goodness I did read it wrongly - that doesn't mean that watching Therrin and Alistair pick up the pieces of their relationship and come to terms with their new ones wasn't entertaining, however, and the nods to the Wardens' past, often subtly slipped in, were still heart-rending. Things moved on, they *didn't* do the whole "fall back in love, get married" thing, which was refreshing, and it all came to a very satisfying end.

I liked that you gave Alistair a likeable queen and also didn't make it a loveless marriage - perhaps it started out as such, but it doesn't seem to be now. Watching him settle into kingship and gradually become comfortable with his role was rather nice to read, and this one of the few fics I've read where he's portrayed as someone who has learned to wield his authority.

The growing relationship between Cullen and Therrin was lovely - very, very sweet - and even in its darkest moments - the demon attack, Cullen at rock-bottom in lyrium withdrawal - it left me looking forward to the next chapter.

Teagan and Leliana? Just... aww. Their happy ending in contrast to Eamon's bitterness worked perfectly.

This story made me laugh and cry for all the right reasons...

... Now to go and read the sequel. :)
Rose Tinted Contact Lenses chapter 30 . 8/25/2011

Well, having read on, it *definitely* looks like Alistair is still more-than-half in love with Therrin. All the pettiness with Cullen and Zevran trying to defuse the situation was beautifully tragicomic, and the "She *has* a templar. It isn't *you*" line damn near broke my heart.

Maybe I'm *still* reading it wrong, but I'm starting to doubt it. I get the feeling this is going to get tangled...
Rose Tinted Contact Lenses chapter 23 . 8/25/2011
Well, I've only just found this series (knew about it, had only read your shorter stuff), and it is *amazing*.

Everything, from the start in the bed to the end, is perfect, and the way you write both Alistair and Cullen is spot-on; there are no villains here, and I admit that I'm torn between cheering Cullen on and being saddened that Alistair/Therrin ended. I think you've got me cheering Cullen on. :)

I read "What We Were" before this, even though it's unfinished, for series canon, and that part about "you sound like my wife" and the re-introducing part had nostalgia from their relationship coming back in floods and my eyes watering... quite a lot, actually. Haven't read the rest of it yet, but, especially from their arguments and just that little scene, it sounds a lot like Alistair still loves her, which is just a bit heartbreaking. Maybe I'm wrong.

Better read on and find out...
Monica21 chapter 14 . 8/20/2011
I love this story. DA2 Cullen really awakened my interest in him and I stumbled across this fic. I can't finish it tonight because you've already had me in tears several times and sometimes you just need sleep. You know those moments when you read something, something that you never expected to find in fanfic, of all places, and it just pulls at everything inside you? Well, you wrote, "We give up on days and live hour by hour, and if that does not work we live moment by moment, and if that does not work we live in the space from one breath to another. And with every breath you say 'I have not fallen yet, and yet, and yet.' And so we carry on when our hearts are broken and our spirits crushed and we are certain we can bear no more," and suddenly I have a very personal connection to this work.

Thank you for writing it, thank you for the excellent characterizations that keep them in-game but allow for growth, thank you for your excellent use of language and phrasing, but thank you most of all for giving me something I can take with me.
MsBarrows chapter 22 . 7/21/2011
Started reading this earlier this evening and I just *KNOW* I'm going to be staying up all night, eyes getting grittier and grittier, until I finish it. I've been loving the whole thing, but chapter 22 in particular had me in tears for most of it (good tears!) because of how sweet and sad and GAH! it was all at the same time. I'm adoring this pairing of characters, I *love* how complex you've made them and their emotions and their world, and I'm greatly looking forward to charging on through the rest of it.
819 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »