Reviews for What We Become
arysani chapter 40 . 7/20/2010
SEQUEL. OMFGYES.

Also, I think it somehow didn't get posted or whatever, but I LOVE STEPHEN. With the setting his clothes on fire and exploding chickens and climbing Cullen because he was afraid of water, and WTF she's TAKING HIM TO AMARANTHINE and that's...crazy.

I'm also exceedingly glad that Cullen is...getting better. Ugh but that was breaking me.
arysani chapter 36 . 7/20/2010
CECILY COUSLAND. OMG MADE OF WIN. I can't even deal properly with that right now. I wanted to like her, and NOW I LOVE HER EVEN MORE.

But oh Cullen makes my heart hurt.

As does Eamons "an arranged marriage shall fix all your troubles!" like the dad in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" with his flippin' WINDEX. UGH.
arysani chapter 34 . 7/20/2010
I really thought Jowan had better sense. Despite everything else, I really did.
arysani chapter 33 . 7/20/2010
Okay. That one made me cry. YOU WIN.

You have elicited a weepy emotional response when I'm not even hostage to hormones. Quite unfair of you, really.

It was spontaneous...when he said "I think we should have another one...maybe a girl". Just FLOOSH, waterworks.

I don't think she'll let Alistair "see he is taken care of"...but damn, what a life to have - one more "almost, but see, you're not allowed to have it with both hands".
arysani chapter 32 . 7/20/2010
Oh...oh please after all this time I'm fine with being near to death and that's scary because then Death Takes A Vacation, goes to visit his granddaughter Susan or something and...

I'm very worried just now that Cullen won't make it.

Okay, I lie. I've been that worried for...several chapters now.
arysani chapter 30 . 7/20/2010
Alistair, my love, jealousy doth not become thee.

And that worries me. There's jealousy and then there's what he's doing, being willfully mean to Cullen, even before the whole "trying to kill Therrin" thing. I know he's upset, and frankly, none of it particularly surprises me, but it still worries me. Clearly that argument wasn't the end of it, if his little sniping remarks are anything to go by, and he's stupidly jealous of Cullen to the point where I'm just now realizing that he was possible jealous of Cullen BEFORE, and that Cullen got to have her BACK when Alistair wasn't allowed to KEEP her is suddenly the reason I think he's being like this. And there's too much going on for anyone to have a talk or an argument or anything :o(
arysani chapter 29 . 7/20/2010
Darkspawn and TEAGAN and lyrium withdrawal and it's...GAH! It's three shoes dropped all at once and no reprieve and you write it so well, diving straight from normal narration into Cullen's delusions.

And I really hope Teagan makes it because if I didn't hate Isolde before I really do now and everything that was even a little bit Guerrin is dead or, apparently, possibly trying to control the throne, and UGH politics. Plus there's that whole thing about how Leliana is maybepossibly in love with him and she deserves A Good Thing and this way Oghren wins the bet because he was passed out for half a week...
arysani chapter 23 . 7/20/2010
I swear you named her Therrin for the "Therrin Guerrin" joke and "King Girlsname" BUT I DON'T CARE I LOVE YOU ANYWAY BECAUSE OF THE FUNNIES.

And I love sleepy-happy!Cullen and "does that child have a control rod?" and Alistair finally growing into himself and still being FUNNY ("it's in my other pants" - BWAHAHAHA) at the same time having a bite to his humor, but then they work towards making it all better with more jokes, because that's his way and "nice tower you've got here"/"made it myself" and I JUST LOVE THEM SO MUCH and I'm glad they're going to try and be friends.
arysani chapter 22 . 7/20/2010
What I really truly loved about this was him, without his armor, coming into her room, kicking off his boots, climbing into her bed and hiding in it. LOVE.

And oh THE ARGUMENT. That's something that needed to happen, SO MUCH and I'm glad you let them yell it out rather than let it continue to fester, because it clearly WAS festering and it needed to be OUT.
arysani chapter 18 . 7/20/2010
Oh Therrin, what DID you DO? O_o
arysani chapter 17 . 7/20/2010
Oh. Oh dear. I hate that Leliana's right ("one GOOD reason"), but...Teagan is not a bad guy. And I think that's 84% of the problem.
arysani chapter 16 . 7/20/2010
Oh Bann Teagan. Just because your sister was the Queen and your brother is probably Chancellor or Other Important Title, you think you can go and be all rebellious and marry a MAGE? Can no one in that family marry someone ORDINARY. "Oh, I am marrying a king!". "Well I'M marrying an ORLESIAN!".

"SCREW YOU GUYS, I'M MARRYING A MAGE AND THE HERO OF FERELDEN TO BOOT!"

It's like, massive oneupmanship.
arysani chapter 14 . 7/20/2010
"Therrin wonders vaguely if this is what children feel like when they dress up in their parents' clothes, playacting roles they're far too small to truly fill."

This line captures it perfectly.

And oh Wynne. I love her sosomuch, and MORE SAD but it's somehow still a good sad, an "at least you had that even if it hurts SO MUCH"...
arysani chapter 13 . 7/20/2010
Both so YOUNG to have so much responsibility. But that seems a theme...the young must rise up to take the place of the old...
arysani chapter 12 . 7/20/2010
I love their awkwardsauce! And I like that you didn't let those demon-visions make him bitter and angry at the world. So many fics do, and that's just plain sad.
826 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »