Reviews for Caveat Inimici
birdandthebell chapter 1 . 6/10
I've always found Hermione to be a terrifying character. This fic captured a darker Hermione really well!
Interesting concept possibly a little excessive but well written.
Ani Mei chapter 1 . 5/10
I love this fic and this portrayal of Hermione. I think these characteristics are slightly exaggerated canon traits. I like the portrayal of the story, how it's Hermione talking to Ginny and her pet overhearing this speech. It lays out a great story with background, motivation, and conclusion; I wouldn't have thought it possible to do it well. Hermione is a formidable character, and in fics where she is against Harry, I fear for all wizarding kind.
bigmac2759 chapter 1 . 4/30
This is Hermione at her calculating, cold-blooded best defending Harry against anyone who dares hurt him. Amazing story. Thanks.
Madame Minuit12 chapter 1 . 4/4
love it!
this is one of the best, if not the best hermione story I've ever read :) thanks so much!
DefiantFreedom chapter 1 . 3/16
Wow. You certainly write a compelling story. Slightly dark, but wonderfully compelling. Caveat inimici mea ira. I'll have to remember that phrase. I think the best thing about this story, is the way that it's said so calmly. I've often thought that calm, controlled, icy wrath is far worse than sudden, hot anger, and I pride myself on writing both. Also, I love the character development of Hermione, I think that everyone has a bit of darkness in their nature, and it's the mark of a really good writer to be able to develop that good-and-evil character. They're also the most intriguing characters, I find - the ones capable of that cold cruelty, and an unswerving loyalty and love.

Baically, I'm trying to say that it was a totally awesome story, and I'll definitely be reading more of your stuff :)
AnnaOxford chapter 1 . 1/14
Magnificent.
roon0 chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
I thought Hermione was scary but totally brilliant, she is not a woman to mess with. I am not sure if Ginny deserves her fate but she should never have made an enemy of of Hermione by hurting Harry so much. Fantastic fic, I only wish there had been more.
Runa Ollivander chapter 1 . 12/10/2014
I think this is a very interesting and well thought story. I like the suspence and the fact that you don't know that Hermione is talking directly to Ginny at the beginning. A really good read!
JIMIRMA chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
This is a very good story. I have to say I love how wicked she is. And the way you make her evil and vengeful is very realistic.
Arla Logan chapter 1 . 11/2/2014
I will admit, this creeped me out a lot. It is a very good story though:-)
marens chapter 1 . 10/10/2014
I enjoy a story that reveals that edge that Hermione has. I think it's that edge that kept her out of Ravenclaw-they and Hufflepuff seem to be the passive houses. Her ambitions are not for power over others, so not Slytherin.

I would recommend, however, that you mark this story as 'complete.' I almost didn't read it because a one chapter story that's not been updated in five years isn't likely to be continued.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
This is quite a magnificent work of art. I quite enjoy Dark Hermione though my other guilty pleasure is any sort of well written Dramione. Despite that, I find this story to be well written and extremely believable as it plays on 'Miones quest for knowledge, her mentality after the war and her extreme loyalty to her friends. Your theories are very compelling and I quite agree that Hermione is definately capable of this, especially after having picked out a few hints in the later HP books that Hermione did indeed have both a skill at Occlumency and a powerful penchant for revenge. Her curse against Marietta for instance disfigured the sneak for her entire life whilst Umbridge ended up raped by a herd of centaurs and in both cases Hermione didn't feel the slightest bit of remorse...

Brilliant Story
-The Nightmare Prince
AnyMoreBrightIdeasGenius chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
This is stellar. Amazing.
Hoodie Hugger chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
Wow. That was creepy and awesome. I, too, thought that Hermione was going down a dangerous path when she forgot about what she did to Marietta, and due to every other character's incompetence Hermione has good reason to think that she knows what's best for everyone. I don't exactly like to read about her this way, but it's definitely a possible outcome for her. I was also intrigued by the idea that she is thinking in black-and-white (anyone who hurts Harry is evil) and doesn't know it. I also agree with the idea that Ginny is a spoiled only daughter who married her celebrity crush and she is in a prime position to have a mid-life crisis and leave Harry.