Reviews for Caveat Inimici
veelamusic chapter 1 . 5/20
i love your idea of kneazles picking up behaviors from their owners! especially things like intelligence and power. it fits in rather nicely for a magical creature breed
appleblossom chapter 1 . 4/27
this is so good i have shivers up my spine
Chentxu chapter 1 . 1/24
Wow. I myself prefer lighter stories, but this one made me curious. And to be honest, I loved it. I've stumbled upon some stories where Hermione goes dark and I really don't like them, they seem so out of character that they make me uncomfortable. But this is a different take on it and, yes, I agree, it would work in canon. Hermione can be absolutist and, specially when it involves Harry being mistreated in any way, she can also be very protective. So congratulations, because while this is definitely NOT the story I'de like to be canon, it could DEFINITELY happen in it. I'm adding this to my faves just because it's so well written and consistent with canon. Kuddos!
KingLionheart29 chapter 1 . 1/15
Wow. Just Wow.
That's really the only thing to say about this fic. It's extremely well written and absolutely fits within in the bounds of canon after the epilogue. I always like when the cruel and vindictive side of Hermione is explored/built upon, but it often goes beyond anything believable without any coherent or specific reason. You've managed to write a vindictive and cruel Hermione, but still keep a core part of her character in her refusal to harm innocents to get revenge.
Charlie0925 chapter 1 . 11/13/2021
Marvelous writing here hon! Bravo!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/19/2021
I don’t mean this as a flame, i really don’t, but wasn’t Ginny justified leaving a marriage that she was unhappy in, that she entered out of grief, because of her once-crush on a hero? That she wasn’t happy as “a part-time house witch and being hemmed in be being Mrs. Ginny Potter” and throwing away dreams of being a Quidditch star to turn into someone’s trophy wife, an unhappy marriage that she is justified in leaving? And Ron, her brother, who grew up with her, WHO LOVED HER turning his back on her because of the pressure of his wife and didn’t defend his own sister is bs. And Luna, who knew Ginny, and was Ginny’s best friend since she was young, would value Ginny more than Harry, Ginny who defended her, and hexed people for calling her Loony, Luna did know “how very precious love and friendship” is, which is why she would support Ginny in leaving.
Herenes chapter 1 . 6/6/2021
A difficult read, for the right reasons I hasten to add. The one aspect of intelligence Hermione struggles with is emotional intelligence. As you point out, Ginny has her own issues which need addressing and yet Hermione is blind to them. Broken as Harry is by her departure, he would hate what Hermione planned for his wife.

Thank you for sharing your work and all the best for the future.
aurora ld chapter 1 . 12/23/2020
A standing ovation for your Hermione and your fic, this was so so marvelously and deliciously dark. And yes, I think too that this Hermione was a likely possibility in the canon, but not so murderously vengeful immediately, even for Harry; I always thought she's more like a calculating and cold fury tipe woman, that, eventually and with more offences accumulated against her or her loved ones, explotes then with the kind of reaction we have read in this story, pasionate yes but still in control. Mostly I think this because, well, her major instances of vengeance were planed in some way and not immediately executed until later in the story, at least not hte instances of the fifth book.
Well, I have rambled too much for a night, congratulations for the story and thanks for the Good Reading.
Greetings.

P.S. Sorry if the message has any mistakes, English is not my native language and I'm not very good in the composing aspect.
Pygmy Hippo chapter 1 . 12/20/2020
This was absolutely wicked! I loved it! Thank you so much for sharing! I totally agree that Hermione could follow this path and that it is even likely that she would enact some form of vengeance on Umbridge!
Almadynis Rayne chapter 1 . 9/20/2020
Wow...i never want Hermione mad at me! Love what you did with her. Nice job of giving me the willies!
BarbedCaress chapter 1 . 9/20/2020
Do you have a friend you would die for?
Do you have someone you would kill to protect?
Do you have someone who is more family than your blood family?
Someone you would burn the world to save?
For Hermione, that someone is Harry.
I LOVE this version of Hermione. It is so well done.
The words used with the spell, the rolling litany of options and why they were discarded as well as the explanation of the course she chose and how utterly unavoidable it would be...
MASTERFUL!
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

As for the 'guest' reviews claiming 'patriarchy', 'misogyny' and 'Ginny has the right to walk away if she wants to'. (and variants thereof)
Please note:
At no point did the author claim what Hermione did was legal. He did not even claim it was ethical. But he did make a solid argument that the punishment is moral.
(Remember, ethics is what society thinks is right. Moral is what YOU think is right.)
And... Ginny is Judged and Punished by a POWERFUL WOMAN in a position of authority with some serious PTSD issues.
Anyone who believes some women would not do something like this, if they could, has not been paying attention!
stevem1 chapter 1 . 7/31/2020
This Hermione is brilliant, scary and utterly devoted to Harry, even if he isn’t her husband/lover. Not make him unhappy, or suffer the consequences.
readwritemm chapter 1 . 6/2/2020
Wow, I really enjoyed this story. Deliciously dark! Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/5/2020
s
Roxor128 chapter 1 . 3/15/2020
That was, to paraphrase Ollivander in PS, a great story. Chilling, but great.