Reviews for Caveat Inimici
Brenden chapter 1 . 6/10
Goodwork
LJ Summers chapter 1 . 4/7
Oh yes. I love this. Dark, vengeful Hermione makes me smile.

Really. :)
katmom chapter 1 . 4/5
This certainly puts the truth in "Hermione is brilliant...and she is very scary." Thank you for sharing.

Kathie
LordGranger chapter 1 . 2/23
Thanks for the read; it was definitely well written. I like stories where people explore Hermione's potential with evidence from the original books. The darker tone was also a welcome change, especially since you managed to connect it so well with what we already know about Hermione Granger. Her strenght or intelligence was in no way unbelievable, like being the best occlumence or being comparable to Dumbledore, in fact I do think that she is capable of archieving all this and more (minus the darker parts of course. But again, it felt believable and effective in this story).
Too long chapter 1 . 2/14
I want to write it was too long but then it's length represents anger and the torture of Ginny.. Although your note was also too long
pikachucat chapter 1 . 2/6
awesome
Venus914 chapter 1 . 12/26/2015
You write well.

But you can never convince me about this Hermione. Not because i believe she is nice and kind. I actually hate Hermione, Ginny and Ron and all Weasleys.

I just feel like you made her too important. And too intelligent. She was the brightest witch if HER age. Take note that it's her age only. I doubt she was in Voldemorts level or Dumbledore. You're giving her way too much credit.

She was a sidekick for a reason. It's not because of her that Harry survives. She's not the reason that Harry succeeded. She and Ron could be gone and Harry will still be the hero...he will still have the same quest because that was his destiny. Other people could play his friends.

She and Ron helped Harry. She figured outabout the basilisk but Harry killed the basilisk. I doubt she can do anything about it and she's a year older. Harry might not have her brain but his instict has never been wrong...except the Sirius fiasco. She kept disuading him about going to Godrics Hollow. Without going there, they might not know about Bathilda Bagshot's death, relationship of Albus and Gellert, etc. She also does not believe about the Hollows but sge's wrong again.

Hermione is brilliant but she's not unique. She may get the spells first but she lacked power in her spells when compared ro Harry. She-ll be a good researcher because it's her strength but she's got a faulty intuition. She's very rigid and unimaginative. Kind of like a female Percy.

There's nothing wrong with that. Im just having a hard time reading fics making her something that she's not. She's brilliant but she'll just be another brilliant witch if she wasnt with Harry's group.
volturielite chapter 1 . 12/24/2015
Normally, I don't review because I'm too lazy to login and even if I review like this it simply means that the fanfic wss really, really good. I really loved this one because it portrays her character from canon very well, I've read fics about her with the same clichéd dark hermione and it always leaves me slightly disappointed because they make her look reckless and flat out vengeful and it disapoints me due to the fact that hermione is actually a very dangerous person because when she plans she considers every possibility and if uncertain her plans have back up plans that have back up plans. She is a very thorough thinker and as ond of my favourite characters I feel that she is severly overlooked and underrated! Anyways, great job, I loved every moment of it. You write very well!:)))))))))
wastefulchild chapter 1 . 11/9/2015
Hermione is my favourite character, and I have read an insane amount of fanfiction about her. Yet this is 100% the best I've ever read. I love it so much, especially the fact that you've twisted her into this dark witch ho doesn't actually use dark magic - and really, the way you've written it, it seems only logical. It's like reading a continuation of canon.
Mia the Potterhead chapter 1 . 11/7/2015
Hermione's actions against Marietta are often overlooked or forgotten. Thank you for explaining how she is capable of doing that. Especially since the Marietta wasn't included in the film it's easy to forget her and Hermione essentially cursing people. The reasons for Hermione's actions here are probable in canon. I would say that the Hermione you've created is compliant with canon, and I like her.

Thank you for writing such a good and interesting text!
Vinelle chapter 1 . 11/7/2015
I feel anything I have to say has to have been said already, so I'll just settle with telling you that this fic is some of the scariest shit I've ever read. Way to go, Granger, way to go...

Could she do it? Can I imagine childhood hero Hermione Granger doing this? ... these are the questions I absolutely love that I can't truly say "no" to, not wholeheartedly. Not when I hear her justify herself in this manner, not when she's so self-righteous and methodical about it. They say the best villains are those who believe themselves the heroes, and judging by what we see of Hermione's brand of ruthlessness (Skeeter, Umbridge), her way of appointing herself both judge and executioner (Marietta), she is *really* toeing the line here. A reason why I can't see the clichéd dark!Hermione ever work, btw - she's got too strong morals. They're just a bit skewered.

To make this a slightly more a4 review - loved the linguistics and general worldbuilding.
Shivers chapter 1 . 10/21/2015
That was one of the best things I have ever read.

I was nearly getting shivers from your portrayal of Hermione. I kind of wish there was a story which had Hermione characterized just as you made her.
Also your note at the end was terribly fascinating as well.

Seriously you're an amazing writer.
kase519 chapter 1 . 9/21/2015
Reminds me of Dark Marauders in a very good way.
I'm Fuckin God chapter 1 . 9/19/2015
Wow... Hermione is a badass.
falconer54 chapter 1 . 8/25/2015
This hermione scares me...