Reviews for Caveat Inimici
Toodamnmanyfandoms chapter 1 . 9/8
Oooooh... I absolutely loved this.
-I love stories that portray Hermione as strong, independent, and vengeful. Seeing it done within the bounds of canon was amazing.
-I personally have no siblings, so I have a mild obsession with the idea of having siblings (or friends close enough to be considered siblings). Harry/Hermione sibling relationships make me very happy, especially when done well.
-I loved the bits from Crookshanks' point of view, and I absolutely adored the idea of Hermione becoming an Unspeakable.
In summary: holy shit that was awesome, and I aspire to be able to write like that someday.
YakAge chapter 1 . 8/31
While I certainly think the spell is unreasonably powerful, it's not actually a problem for me.
I'm totally on board with your take on Hermione's post-war character. She's always had an unreasonably vicious streak wherever her friends were concerned. Rita's imprisonment, while described in a light tone in the novel, is really horrible.

I can understand your decision so develop Hermione's character by pointing out her grudges against Marietta and Rita, but I have to point out that I feel like there's no point Hermione could hope to achieve by doing so (in regards to Ginny). Here, the narrative layers of exposition and development and the structural unit of Hermione's monologue have a bit of friction.

I like the stylistic decision to make use of the spell as the medium of Hermione's message of wrath, though. The monologue feels very personal, direct and thus highly emotional.
To make the incancation, so to speak, the whole story framed only by the perspective of Crookshanks also makes it seem complete and finished. This clashes a bit with the cat's interpretation of Hermione's ongoing hunt, but I don't really mind this bit.

All in all, I'd like to say that this is a very well-written one-shot. I don't really feel like writing a deeply analytical review right now, but this is definitely worth every second you spend reading it.
Thank you.
So good. I'd be very interested to read a longer story using this version of hermione
KMH1 chapter 1 . 4/26
Well written and your note at the end was very informative as well. I can definitely see how this could be canon and it truly showcases the "brilliant, but scary" Hermione.
Critic lol chapter 1 . 4/17
.Godric
WHAT did i just read? Did i really spend all this time reading this? WHY HAVEN'T I FOUND THIS BEFORE? THIS IS BLOODY BEAUTIFUL! No, I don't think you understand the extent to which I love this fanfiction- no, this isn't even Fanfiction. This is a pure masterpiece built upon the basis of literature. I really really really REALLY REALLY REEEALLLLY am in love with this. The portrayal of all the characters, the motives, the actions- GOSH ITS MAKING ME FLUSH IN HAPPINESS. The endless game that Hermione decides to play with Ginny, the build up from Edgecombe to Ginny, how it all comes together in the end, the bittersweet torture- like salt in the wound! The quotes you used; I really love this, i really do. Like i think of the books of J.K Rowling, i think of this. It was only literature in the first sentence, after that, it became a legacy.
DarkSorcerer888 chapter 1 . 10/29/2016
I'm sure that if the charm wasn't a DOM secret, then it would already be stamped as an unforgivable. That charm is brutal!
shieldmaiden19 chapter 1 . 10/17/2016
Greetings! This was an excellent fic, not only because it was the only Dark Hermione story I've read that kept her in character, but also because your writing was so compelling that I was on the edge of my seat by the time Hermione reveals the Kol Shagaon. Thank you for this well-crafted, well-researched, and deeply-considered story. I will most likely be coming back to reference your Note in the course of my own work. In the meantime, I look forward to reading your other writings. May you always have the right words at the right time!

-Shieldmaiden
Brenden chapter 1 . 6/10/2016
Goodwork
LJ Summers chapter 1 . 4/7/2016
Oh yes. I love this. Dark, vengeful Hermione makes me smile.

Really. :)
katmom chapter 1 . 4/5/2016
This certainly puts the truth in "Hermione is brilliant...and she is very scary." Thank you for sharing.

Kathie
LordGranger chapter 1 . 2/23/2016
Thanks for the read; it was definitely well written. I like stories where people explore Hermione's potential with evidence from the original books. The darker tone was also a welcome change, especially since you managed to connect it so well with what we already know about Hermione Granger. Her strenght or intelligence was in no way unbelievable, like being the best occlumence or being comparable to Dumbledore, in fact I do think that she is capable of archieving all this and more (minus the darker parts of course. But again, it felt believable and effective in this story).
Too long chapter 1 . 2/14/2016
I want to write it was too long but then it's length represents anger and the torture of Ginny.. Although your note was also too long
pikachucat chapter 1 . 2/6/2016
awesome
Venus914 chapter 1 . 12/26/2015
You write well.

But you can never convince me about this Hermione. Not because i believe she is nice and kind. I actually hate Hermione, Ginny and Ron and all Weasleys.

I just feel like you made her too important. And too intelligent. She was the brightest witch if HER age. Take note that it's her age only. I doubt she was in Voldemorts level or Dumbledore. You're giving her way too much credit.

She was a sidekick for a reason. It's not because of her that Harry survives. She's not the reason that Harry succeeded. She and Ron could be gone and Harry will still be the hero...he will still have the same quest because that was his destiny. Other people could play his friends.

She and Ron helped Harry. She figured outabout the basilisk but Harry killed the basilisk. I doubt she can do anything about it and she's a year older. Harry might not have her brain but his instict has never been wrong...except the Sirius fiasco. She kept disuading him about going to Godrics Hollow. Without going there, they might not know about Bathilda Bagshot's death, relationship of Albus and Gellert, etc. She also does not believe about the Hollows but sge's wrong again.

Hermione is brilliant but she's not unique. She may get the spells first but she lacked power in her spells when compared ro Harry. She-ll be a good researcher because it's her strength but she's got a faulty intuition. She's very rigid and unimaginative. Kind of like a female Percy.

There's nothing wrong with that. Im just having a hard time reading fics making her something that she's not. She's brilliant but she'll just be another brilliant witch if she wasnt with Harry's group.
volturielite chapter 1 . 12/24/2015
Normally, I don't review because I'm too lazy to login and even if I review like this it simply means that the fanfic wss really, really good. I really loved this one because it portrays her character from canon very well, I've read fics about her with the same clich├ęd dark hermione and it always leaves me slightly disappointed because they make her look reckless and flat out vengeful and it disapoints me due to the fact that hermione is actually a very dangerous person because when she plans she considers every possibility and if uncertain her plans have back up plans that have back up plans. She is a very thorough thinker and as ond of my favourite characters I feel that she is severly overlooked and underrated! Anyways, great job, I loved every moment of it. You write very well!:)))))))))