Reviews for Caveat Inimici
wastefulchild chapter 1 . 11/9
Hermione is my favourite character, and I have read an insane amount of fanfiction about her. Yet this is 100% the best I've ever read. I love it so much, especially the fact that you've twisted her into this dark witch ho doesn't actually use dark magic - and really, the way you've written it, it seems only logical. It's like reading a continuation of canon.
Mia the Potterhead chapter 1 . 11/7
Hermione's actions against Marietta are often overlooked or forgotten. Thank you for explaining how she is capable of doing that. Especially since the Marietta wasn't included in the film it's easy to forget her and Hermione essentially cursing people. The reasons for Hermione's actions here are probable in canon. I would say that the Hermione you've created is compliant with canon, and I like her.

Thank you for writing such a good and interesting text!
Vinelle chapter 1 . 11/7
I feel anything I have to say has to have been said already, so I'll just settle with telling you that this fic is some of the scariest shit I've ever read. Way to go, Granger, way to go...

Could she do it? Can I imagine childhood hero Hermione Granger doing this? ... these are the questions I absolutely love that I can't truly say "no" to, not wholeheartedly. Not when I hear her justify herself in this manner, not when she's so self-righteous and methodical about it. They say the best villains are those who believe themselves the heroes, and judging by what we see of Hermione's brand of ruthlessness (Skeeter, Umbridge), her way of appointing herself both judge and executioner (Marietta), she is *really* toeing the line here. A reason why I can't see the clich├ęd dark!Hermione ever work, btw - she's got too strong morals. They're just a bit skewered.

To make this a slightly more a4 review - loved the linguistics and general worldbuilding.
Shivers chapter 1 . 10/21
That was one of the best things I have ever read.

I was nearly getting shivers from your portrayal of Hermione. I kind of wish there was a story which had Hermione characterized just as you made her.
Also your note at the end was terribly fascinating as well.

Seriously you're an amazing writer.
kase519 chapter 1 . 9/21
Reminds me of Dark Marauders in a very good way.
I'm Fuckin God chapter 1 . 9/19
Wow... Hermione is a badass.
falconer54 chapter 1 . 8/25
This hermione scares me...
L'usine.c0m chapter 1 . 8/11
I adore your story.. her charactor in the books is so incomplete that I can't stop reading about her. Most people see the know it all, and while she is that.. she is so much more. Best friends with two guys which she doesn't have anything in common except their enemies, and the fact that they would die for each other. A girl with no one who understands he (her friends are boys and parents are magic less) of course she would keeping a lot inside. And your story is my all time favourite in showing that deranged side of her. I hope to see a lot more amazing stories from you )
LupineMoon chapter 1 . 7/27
That was perhaps the scariest Hermione I've ever seen.
DragonTamer01 chapter 1 . 7/11
Very interesting persona that you gave to Hermione.
birdandthebell chapter 1 . 6/10
I've always found Hermione to be a terrifying character. This fic captured a darker Hermione really well!
Interesting concept possibly a little excessive but well written.
Ani Mei chapter 1 . 5/10
I love this fic and this portrayal of Hermione. I think these characteristics are slightly exaggerated canon traits. I like the portrayal of the story, how it's Hermione talking to Ginny and her pet overhearing this speech. It lays out a great story with background, motivation, and conclusion; I wouldn't have thought it possible to do it well. Hermione is a formidable character, and in fics where she is against Harry, I fear for all wizarding kind.
bigmac2759 chapter 1 . 4/30
This is Hermione at her calculating, cold-blooded best defending Harry against anyone who dares hurt him. Amazing story. Thanks.
Madame Minuit12 chapter 1 . 4/4
love it!
this is one of the best, if not the best hermione story I've ever read :) thanks so much!