Reviews for Crisscrossed
gandalf chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
The Weeping Angels did NOT feed off Martha's energy. They would only have done that if she'd died. And if they did, do you really think the Doctor would have reacted like that? What fanfiction thinks of him...
mavic chen chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
From the Sixties to the Eighties it was the UNITED NATIONS Intelligence Taskforce. What do you mean, they weren't a challenge? They weren't an enemy. He was their Scientific Advisor. As for Martha, Blink never said they fed off her energy, did it? I think that just happened if you died.
Valeria chapter 12 . 1/20/2013
bravo *clap clap clap* bravo
The way you write the Doctor is fantastic, doesn't it make your head hurt? more than tangents it feels like headphone cables too long in a pocket :P
You lost me when you started looping :) my first thought was "this wasn't beta'ed".
Thanks for the journey.
Jon Valken chapter 12 . 7/10/2011
Thank you for a wonderful story,so well written and absolutly riveting. You should be a pro,your so talented,a natural teller of you again.
Guest chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
I noticed this was the second time in the story that Jeff used two cliche metaphors on top of one another. Sort of put me in mind of the 7th doctor.
Vorel laraek chapter 12 . 12/26/2010
Great story, this - had to go back and read it a few times when they started looping, but I figured most of it out.

You really enjoy writing timey-wimey stuff, don't you? :)
Jonn Wolfe chapter 12 . 11/1/2010
For a bit there, I thought there was a miscopying of text going on, but then I caught "time loop" and went over it again. I applaud you. This was a fantastic story!
Jonn Wolfe chapter 6 . 11/1/2010
I had to pause long enough to comment that I love the continuity cockup that's going on. This is a wonderful story. Haven't read about the one that the Doctor is crossing over with, but I'm following it rather well.

My only thing, is that I don't remember the Doctor wearing the brown suit when he was with Martha. Hmmm.
Elvaro chapter 12 . 8/30/2010
Although I've never seen Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) and thus was a bit confused in the beginning. (After I looked up the show it made a lot more sense.)

The looping at the end did confuse me for a while, until the Doctor mentioned that they were looping.

I'm not familar enough with Randall and Hopkirk to say with any certainty how well you handled the characters from that show, but Martha, Donna, and the Doctor were spot on. I got a bit of a giggle out of the reference to David Tennant's actual Scottish accent and, of course, that the Doctor messed up before when using it in Tooth and Claw.

The timey-whimey detector being completed by a future version of the Doctor was really an interesting concept, and one that I'd never have thought up.

Oh, one little note, in Chapter 11, I think you meant to say "insane grin of his" at one point, but you have "inane grin" instead.
timano chapter 12 . 5/6/2010
This is one of the best time loop stories I've read in years-including some in Doctor Who (the show) itself! 10 out of 10 stars.
Questfan chapter 12 . 2/21/2010
Well I've never heard of Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) but that in no way detracted from my enjoyment of this story. You had all the cast from Doctor Who absolutely in character which isn't always easy to capture since the show's scriptwriters are so good. I love when the Doctor goes off on long-winded rambles and Donna just cuts in with another sarcastic remark. This story was just brilliant in its conception and how you carried it through to the end. Blink was a fabulous story and I love how you extended it so well. I can't believe how few reviews you have for an altogether brilliant story. I hope you are gonna write some more.
Trainee Hero chapter 11 . 1/16/2010
Well done! Tied everything up quite nicely.
Trainee Hero chapter 10 . 1/6/2010
Well if she can't outrun it, why doesn't she just duck a lot? :D
Trainee Hero chapter 9 . 1/2/2010
Well that situtaion went from bad to worse at warp speed didn't it? Thank you so much for the dedication, keep up the good work.
Tai Greywing chapter 9 . 1/2/2010
So, there I was; happily cruising the Doctor Who fandom after the ending of 'End of Time' and I thought I recognised the penname. So Hello! I'm here to repay the favour of a review!

Randall and Hopkirk (deceased). I saw a few episodes of the remake, not the original, but it's enough for me to have a vague handle on the characters. Which does help when reading a crossover.

I'm very impressed with your convoluted plotlines here - I'll be surprised if you didn't need a diagram or two in your notes to keep track of it all. As for your Doctor; he doesn't half like to technobabble! I can really almost hear David Tennant saying some of your more ramble-y paragraphs and you've utterly lost me with the more complicated ones. Probably exactly what Donna and the others feel like, listening to him.

So, impressed with your story. And also the fact that this could possibly be canon - we never really find out WHAT the Doctor was doing on his stint in 1969 and it's entirely possible that he got his own timelines crossed, seeing as we have had more than ( - I think I've got the hang of this now, though I still have to consciously correct myself) one Doctor on screen at once.

Also; very readable - apart from the techno/time jargon, but I have a feeling you _meant_ that to be confusing. A showcase of some excellent writing abilities, thank you for sharing!

And I think I've rambled enough, all the best (happy new year)

Tai