Reviews for Lion King: Into the Pride
fantastic story
kristinalprime23 chapter 17 . 6/29/2016
Matthew Broderick
ProcrastinationIsMyCrime chapter 16 . 3/12/2016
Such emotionally gripping work. Beautiful story writing.

Thank you for writing this story with such keyboard skills.
kristinalprime23 chapter 1 . 10/18/2015
amen to you my friend and remember that no matter what Jesus loves you with all his heart and that Jesus is lord.
Me chapter 1 . 10/9/2015
Peaches come in a man they were put there bye a can
robert sikes chapter 16 . 4/26/2015
hi my name is robert sikes i just have one wrode wow i love this story you did to the lion king it one of my top faverts disney moive i have a lot of favert disney moive but the lion king is one of them and when i raed this story you did i love i have not read the saced story to this but i will soon keep the good wrok up oh ps i am doing a anime serse in 2018 or 2019
Sharks Potter chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
Hallo Kurt Wylde,

recently, I've been reviewing some of my favourite stories on the site - something I've seriously fallen behind on over the past couple of years due to military service and work -, and your Lion King trilogy definitely ranks in the top best in the Lion King category.

The introduction of Danny Manning and his arrival to the Pride Lands was quite dramatic as well as well-written, however there are a few things I should point out: Although you give a brief backstory of Danny and his family and life, I think it's a tad bit rushed. You don't specify what year this is (with Danny owning such a high-tech spaceship, as well as the mention of militias and all this military-controlled world, make it sound like some dystopian near-future, where space technology has advanced enough to be in the private sector), nor do you elaborate enough on that story of his family going missing. It is implied that they disappeared by falling into that alternate universe, just like Danny did, yet you say that they were on a yacht - how could a yacht encounter a space anomaly at sea? It's a rather hazy opening. Don't get me wrong; your story is a masterpiece as it is, but I think some correcting will improve it even more...

I remember, you once asked whether you should do a rewrite of this story? I'd say that would be a good idea at this point, and make sure you deepen Danny's backstory that led him to taking this trip in the first place, as well as a better look at his world. My advice is you first create an introduction with the Manning family on their yacht trip when they disappear; then, in the next chapter you have a depressed Danny setting off on this solo search to Africa and encountering the same strange anomaly too. It would be grand if you also reveal at some point that the anomaly wasn't accidental but deliberately caused by someone, maybe the villain Dasju, or even the Great Kings of the Past, to bring Danny into their world to find his destiny...

Danny meeting Sarabi and Mufasa for the first time was a rather tense moment, as well as crazy, given the talking lions. The reason lions can talk in this world is never explained, then again I guess some things are better left unanswered... It was kind of touching seeing Sarabi comforting Danny for his loss, as well as Danny trying to explain his world to the Pride Landers. The introduction of Sarafina was also quite welcome, as well as her friendly attitude towards Danny. Scar and Zira. however. are depicted as the bitter, hostile antagonists they're always known to be...

Danny's new life in the Pride Lands begins in earnest!

On a side note, if you're interested in making a start on the new version, I'll be glad to help you out. Your stories have been a great source of inspiration for my own writing. In fact, seeing how my first Lion King story seems to be hitting a dead end, I might begin a new sci-fi Lion King fanfic series (details in my profile). However, it will probably be a while before I get started on that project, if I ever do... Meanwhile, I'll make sure to fully review your stories so far. Your own comments in mine also wouldn't go amiss...

On to the next chapter!

All the best,
Alex
TheMusicBullet chapter 17 . 9/21/2011
I love this story! I just got a fanfiction account yesterday but I've been reading this story long before that. I love the Bloopers at the end. You should do that with the sequel.
SimbaFan chapter 4 . 3/5/2011
Good chapter! Nice reuniting scene. And yay for Malka staying!

I do have one small complaint...it's been estimated that Simba was between five to nine months old from the time we see him in the movie. He really wouldn't be able to talk more than baby talk at a week old. Not that it's a bad move. Just my preference.

Also, just a grammatical error you should probably look at. (BTW...sorry for my nitpickyness...the English major in me thrives on picking apart minor details :P)

"Well, then. From this point on, our prides will consider each other brothers and sisters FROM THIS POINT ON."

The repeated part could be removed. :)
SimbaFan chapter 3 . 3/4/2011
I forgot to say it in the last review, so I'll say it now; YAY MALKA! I've always loved him and I wish they would have put him in the movies...or make a fourth one bringing in more characters like Malka :P

That was quite an escape...and robots huh? Awesome SciFi aspect! And that was a very cute way to end the chapter with Malka :)
SimbaFan chapter 2 . 3/3/2011
Interesting turn of events...I'm curious where Danny actually is now.

I just noticed the Biblical symbolism here..Daniel in the lion's den. Was that intentional? :)

Can't wait to find out where this goes next!
SimbaFan chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
Not really sure how to start this off wittily...so I'll just stick with this.

HIIIIIII! _ I've finally found some time to read and review...granted, it's almost midnight here, but hey...I can manage to be a night owl for the sake of reading. Reading is good for the mind, after all :)

Well I can certainly see where people would get the impression our stories are related. There's a LOT of story relations here, as well as plot movement. But I can also see very clear differences. For one, the writing style is different. Danny is a much different character than Ayden for another. You've made some definitive differences in the cannon characters than I did as well.

I won't say much for the story. Only because considering it's closeness to my own at this early point would be almost self-serving in a way. :P But it is very good :)

Your style of writing is very coherent for being a new-ish writer. I notice you tend to focus on smaller, unimportant details from time to time, but it doesn't detract from the story.

All in all, a good opening chapter! Onto the next one!
Soildier chapter 17 . 12/29/2010
Funny very funny, Some people have the ability to make bloopers others do not. (Not mentioning who)
Soildier chapter 16 . 12/29/2010
'Applauds' This was one of the best stories I have read. It is not depressing like Lion Sheikhs story "The Freak". I love the end when he remembers all the people that died and reflects. I especially love that you put God into this and not some stupid spirits. Congrats and take care

-Soildier
HorrorFan6 chapter 17 . 11/30/2010
All right, here we go. First off, great story. I'm usually a little wary of putting humans into the world of the Lion King, but you actually managed to pull it off convincingly. I have to admit, at first, the sci-fi aspect threw me off. Nothing wrong with it, it's just not my cup of tea. But again, it worked in your favor. There were a few grammatical errors here and there, but they didn't really affect the readability of the story, so they're really not worth mentioning (forgive me, I'm an English major, I notice little things like that). But the story is exciting, full of humor and emotion in equal measure, and it stayed true to the original Lion King. And I loved the blooper reel at the end; it added the perfect touch. So overall, great story, and I can't wait to read the sequel.

Oh, and as a side note, it's refreshing to see a fellow Christian express his beliefs. Keep it up!
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »