Reviews for Death in Antarctica
Fredrick Bismarck chapter 1 . 8/23
I like this a lot. A very nice examination of choices, different paths, randomness, insignificance, the grand scheme of things. I liked the references. Emperor Norton. The integration was well done with the brief time. The similar fascination with Egypt aesthetic, etc. and the inclusion of plot details, his pet and Rorschach.
Nice work.
Miguel51 chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
I enjoyed how Ozy interacted with Death in this one, and how understanding she was to his self-inflicted plight of conscience.
Indigo1100 chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
I know that when you say a thing over and over again, it looses power, but what am I supposed to do. So, yet again, wow. You write things with such complexity and meaning and exploration and statement and thought that I can't say anything else, really.

Wow. First of all (and rather inconsequentially, but there we are), I am very glad to see someone recognizing that Antarctica is cold. Because when I was watching the movie, I ended up yelling at all of them- not dressed properly, not wearing *hats*... Uy.

As usual, I love how you put 'side-things' in ("If you were going to hallucinate someone pretty, it wasn't going to be a girl."), the notes on Rorschach. I like how you capture Adrian- his recognition of the Egyptian symbols and of the cold, the way he talks to and thinks about Death ("I'm imagining you", and "if I'm to humor you", "and I'm not saying I believe it", "either a hallucination or", "are you trying to make me rationalize my actions and mitigate my guilt?" (*I love that line!*)), his language ("objective", and "grotesque misnomer" and all).

Death's talking- the people she mentions (ooh, the Emperor Norton!), how she talks about Dr. Manhattan...

And the thoughts, oh the thoughts- the first one that I... well, have my personal preferences about as well, but I see it, the second- I just like that... not image, because it's not visual, but idea, of him wanting to know, and that he really can't know, that he will always carry it. And I like how you discuss the other realities, including ones we recognize and ones that go *off* things we recognize.

That way-of-saying - "everything matters. everything dies". I *like* that. Strong and stark too, really, but... well, beautiful too, which isn't really the right word, but there we are.

And the end, the choice (you know, even just that much knowledge is a priceless gift, I think), the dozens of worlds, and the snow. Wow

Thanks!

And, apologies again from the unversed-in-canon- which brother does he remind her of?

Thanks again.
anactoria chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Oh, this is impressive. Both of their voices are dead-on, and I like that it's neither judgmental nor angsty, as an earlier reviewer mentioned. Lovely.
The Psychedelic Kaleidoscope chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Perfection! This was great.

I should probably not only favorite this one, but add you as an author to my favorites.

I mean, seriously. You're just too awesome.
Voldy's pink teddy chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
Wow. This is such an interesting story; it's somehow both scientific and spiritual, and I like it all the more for that. The part at the end when Death tells her that 'something happens after you die...and you will never find out what happens to anyone else' etc, is such a good line. Her hints about Adrian's possible afterlife non-judgmental yet foreboding; his actions are what they are, the consequences are what they are, and she leaves it at that. I like this view of Adrian more, because most Watchmen fics make the reader decide whether he's a hero or a villain, and really, he's both. He killed a lot of people, but he did it to save even more. That doesn't mean he shouldn't answer for what he did, but I don't think he's that black-and-white, and this story conveys that very well. I also really like Death's distinction between being a god, and being an aspect of reality. I find it fascinating to think that even gods would end, some day.
WalkInEternity chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
This is excellent and fits perfectly with both worlds. I love it.
nick012000 chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
A pity you didn't write anything on Rorschach's meeting with Death.

"Hmm. Death is a whore. Must investigate further."
Nyah chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Fantastic. I loved the allusions to Emperor Norton and Prez Rickard. Very interesting that she took Jon already. Those last lines were lovely and eerie.

Now I'm just waiting for a crossover with a cameo by Hobb.
Billie the fourth sage chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
I enjoyed that :) You did so well to simplify the concept of multiple earths, and I really loved the way you depicted Adrian, especially the way Death looked at him ;3

Lovely somewhat-open end :D