Reviews for What Was Written
Damn these are beautiful.
doctorrobinson chapter 5 . 1/8/2011

The others were fantastic, but those two just made me so emotional. I adore your writing style.
Chalcedony Rivers chapter 5 . 11/27/2010
But you defied your devil's sin

The only way you knew

By searching for your angel so

You'd be an angel too.

That was glorious.

And, ah, Dressing the Turkey! So many memories...
melchiorgabor chapter 5 . 11/26/2010
Awesome! I love Ilse...and Moritz. *sigh* I think that this interpretation of Ilse is a lot more realistic. It's treating her as more of a human, then as Moritz' metaphor for a last chance thrown away. Can't wait for what's next.
melchiorgabor chapter 4 . 10/24/2010
Hey! Sorry it took me so long to read this. RL sucks, lol.

Anyway, loved it! I really liked everything, the foreshadowing, the verses, the metaphors. The only think that bothered me was that I was going through this will All That's Known playing through my head and I couldn't help coming to the bridge, and I kept trying to make it fit, only to find out that it didn't, ROFL!

Ah, well, great job, would love to hear your Ilse chapter. 'Till next time!
Elsiebelse chapter 4 . 10/23/2010
Holy crap! Do you literally have talent flowing out of your fingertips?
Chalcedony Rivers chapter 4 . 10/18/2010
Yay! Missed you.

I love your poety - some fabulous lines here.
need not chapter 3 . 4/11/2010
Wow, this is beautiful. Wow. Wow wow wow.

My favorite line: "Desdemona, don't you pray / The Lord already knows." So, so so so chilling.

You're right, Martha is underappreciated.
Princesshannah12345 chapter 3 . 4/4/2010
zomg! martha is my fav character and this poem is so amazing! your so right martha is under appreciated.
melchiorgabor chapter 3 . 4/4/2010
Great! It really made Martha's story and actual story. And yes, Martha is unappreciated, and awesome. ;)
melchiorgabor chapter 2 . 3/12/2010
Great! Just as good as before. I think that it definitely captured what Wendla would be thinking in the midst of everything going on around her. Another wonderful poem!
melchiorgabor chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
W.O.W. I loved it. I loved the subtle way you nodded to other songs, the way you followed the scene exactly. And beautifully too, I might add. The rhythm was really well kept and the rhyme was well kept:)

All in all a beautiful piece of work. I'd be willing to lend you all the loose sleeve you need if it meant getting poetry like this. I hope to hear more from you soon!
Cassandra Starr chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
Oh my God. That was amazing! How could you think someone might hate that? I liked the imagery and the subtle rhyming; poems that rhyme every line can get old, but this was lovely. You balanced it just right. You have a talent for verse. Will there be more?
Demactica chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
The So Dark scene always has a LOT of meaning for me, because my Ilse was Spring Awakening, if you get what that means at all. I speak in code. D

I can't think of enough praise for this. I thought the rhythm was just fine, but my simple mind couldn't handle such a complex rhyme scheme. That's me own fault for being such a simpleton though. (:

Yeah, so this was pretty much a work of literary genius, I'm not exaggerating. So much went into this... parts from Wedekind's, parts from the musical, Ilse's thoughts, Moritz's thoughts, a bunch of perfectly placed song references... Just incredible. And it was all laid out in a way that made sense, and, even better, had a delightful flow and sense of chronology. I honestly cannot begin to describe my love for this poem. How long did it take you to write?