Reviews for You and I will Fall in Love
PunsandPoses chapter 1 . 11/13/2017
While I like the story and how it plays out, I think it drags on forever. I know it's slow-burn and that America needs to adjust and develop feelings but this is like TOO slow-burn. I expected mild feelings in at least the fifteenth-twentieth chapters, but it was just America? Being? Awkward? It's a nice story and all, but it drags out the romance forever, and I think that detracts from the whole thing in general. So if you were to rewrite this, I'd shorten it up a great deal. Not make it fifty chapters.
PurpleReign0627 chapter 1 . 11/3/2017
Realistically. America would be the one doing all this. America would be the dominating one ;)
Seasaltandsweetpeas chapter 50 . 9/30/2017
This is such a lovely story! I really like the way you interpret the diffrence between their country selves and their nation selves. Keep up the good work!
TheBoi chapter 1 . 9/16/2017
MAZING STORY I LOVE IT!111111 WRITE MORE AND UPDATE :?)))))) I LOVE YOU

ALSO RUSSIA IS VERY HOT
clule chapter 50 . 9/15/2017
thank you for your brillant work! i'm kinda USUK only, but after i finished this i must admit: Okay, it's adorable :)
Guest chapter 35 . 8/14/2017
You are right about the Civil War, it wasn't just about the morality of slavery. It was motivated by power, money and economic reasons just like all other wars, including the WW2.

Honestly, I don't think people living in the South are ever going to hear the end of the slavery issue (despite it going on all over the world) just like Germans are never going to hear the end of the Nazi issue, and Russia for the USSR/Communism.
It's like when your big brother still pokes fun at you for something you did when you were 6…eventually you just get used to it...sigh…
GintokiLover01 chapter 1 . 8/7/2017
Ok u guys some of y'all are being rude there is no reason for u to bash this author if u don't even have an account! Leave them alone I found it to be a wonderful story if u don't like it don't read it! And for the ones that were actually nice u guys are amazing!:)
GilZeAwesomePrussia chapter 6 . 6/11/2017
I like Russia and Italy as friends!
GilZeAwesomePrussia chapter 2 . 6/11/2017
Lmao
ElfiieSu chapter 50 . 6/8/2017
This is truly an amazing story. I love it to bits !
Guest chapter 29 . 4/27/2017
I'm not the type of person that hates on stories or actually ship RusAme..
I saw this as one of the most reviewed stories and decided to read to experience something other than USUK.
But, I've had the last straw.
Trying to make attempted rape funny?
No way is that good.

And the relationship is abusive.
Abusive relationships are horrible.

And the minor detail is the plot. I just really don't like the plot.

And I don't think I'm biased. I tried to imagine my otp in this story and I couldn't. I would have stopped reading if this was my otp.

I'm sorry, I just had to get this out there.
I know that not all RusAme fics are like this, but I might just stick to my usuk corner.
Guest chapter 9 . 4/26/2017
I know this is so old but I mean I'm taking French and I wanna seem cool so Ima correct the French :)

So you said 'Vous êtes très impoli'
Vous means you, it's the plural form so like y'all or it's the formal version of you so if you're talking to someone who's older than you or someone you just met you would use vous. But in this story since France and America are friends, france would use Tu instead. Also, since the noun is changed to Tu, that means the verb has to be put in the Tu form also. The Tu form of être(which means to be-fun fact) would simply be 'Es' so France would say 'Tu es très impoli'

Rafa French lesson over, this story is amazing btw and yes I know this was written like five years ago lol Idc.
Reader chapter 47 . 4/26/2017
Just finished reading this story and sadly the only good thing I can say about it is that its strongly hinted at the end that their relationship isnt going to last in the long run.

The saddest thing is that if you were to cut out all the stupid bullshit from this story and use that time to flesh out Ivan and Alfred’s characters and make them possible to care about, then this truly couldve been a uniquely touching, beautiful romance story. I mean youre a talented writer. However, Ivan is abusive partner who has some massive jealousy and insecurity issues and that's not really attractive.

Abuse is not love.

Excessive jealousy is not a sign of affection – it is just a form of selfishness.

Possessiveness isnt normal.

Stalking is not cool—in my country its a crime.

First off, I hate it when people make Russia rapist/molester/evil/stalker who is incapable of human emotions other than sorrow and anger. Hes a loner, yes, but that doesnt make him aromantic. Given his long history he must have experienced countless romances and marriages with other nations throughout the centuries. And youd think that since Ivan is much older than Alfred, HE would be the one teaching Alfred about love and how romantic relationships work, NOT the other way around.

Its kinda obvious that characters are intentionally dumb because the plot needs to keep going. For example, Alfred gives Ivan a chance because the plot wants him to do that and so it gives off the impression of a healthy relationship. Although the narrative likes to tell us otherwise, this story tells us that Ivan doesnt really care about Alfred, he only cares about himself. He just wants to be happy and Alfreds wants and needs are unimportant because hes the weaker party in their relationship.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It is just disgustingly insulting how the narrative treats Alfred. It is HIS job to stand up for himself and demand equal treatment from Ivan. The narrative is validating victim-blaming hypothesis that there would be no abusive relationships if it weren’t for the fact that those spineless idiots, the “codependents,” lack the self-esteem to stand up to themselves and just be happy.

The moral of the story is quite beautiful in its sheer simplicity: there would be no abusers if no one allowed themselves to be abused. I agree that it would be nice if the world worked that way, but see, it just doesn’t. Placing the responsibility of abusive relationship on the victim is similar to calling a rape victim a “tease,” a “slut,” or a “whore.”

Victims’ behavior cannot be allowed to mask or justify abusers’ actions. And in real life it's extremely hard and dangerous to get out of an abusive relationship.

Needless to say that this story does not take abusive relationships seriously. Rather, abuse is presented as a joke or a "cute" thing which happens in relationships. Stories like this normalize and legitimate abusive relationships: Readers can experience that abusive partner has not done anything wrong or abnormal if it is presented as a joke.
Romanticizing unhealthy relationships means that at least in some level people think it's sweet that your partner tells you that you cant see your friends. It means people think it's totally fine if your partner blames you for something that wasnt your fault. It means someone thinks these kinds of things are normal and should be accepted in every relationship.

One can argue that it doesnt matter because this is “just” a fanfiction story. But you have to realize that we tend to write characters that make sense to us and who reflect our perception of reality. Just like every other media, fanfiction too affects those who view it. And the people reading these kinds of stories might probably be pretty young with very little relationship experience. Even older readers wont necessarily realize that this kind of behavior is not okay but instead they think that it is “cute” when they see these abusive qualities played romantically. Most of the time even writers themselves dont realize that they are glorifying abuse. I guess thats the case with this fanfic too. When this happens, they dont portray the relationship as unhealthy, but rather as a “cute” and “sweet” thing for a partner to do.

I guess maybe some people find the abuse more interesting to read/write than normal relationships because it causes more tension. Although I would argue that making the relationship abusive is just a lazy and easy way for a writer to cause a conflict between characters since other is being possessive and other wants to have an equal relationship.

Just to make it clear that I DON’T blame you for writing this story. In fact, I think it’s great how it shows your passion for writing and dedication for the show you love, which is always something I can respect and admire.

Nonetheless I feel that there’s no excuse for this story to be the way it is. I can imagine that you could have easily made the exact same story without all these unhealthy elements involved. Just give Ivan a valid reason to start to court Alfred and show us how theyre slowly discovering that they might have some chemistry together. Create a conflict between them in order to cause tension and excitement in the story.

For example, it has been said many times in this story that their governments dont like their relationship. So why not just make a conflict about that instead? Show us how Ivan and Alfred struggle against their governments' opinions as well as with their alter-egos (Russian Federation and the USA). As the story goes on they both reflect on whether they want to be together or not but still they will somehow make their relationship work at the end of the story. It’s certainly a better way to create a conflict than just making Ivan a possessive psycho for no reason. He could still be The Bad Boy but he doesnt have to be abusive towards Alfred.

This story could have also been great even if you didnt cut out all the features of the abusive relationship. You would have been able to write a unique, realistic story about abusive relationship, as long as you didnt romanticize it.

So, you could keep a lot of the core elements of this story exactly the same and still make a compelling story out of it. Understanding this, I wonder how anyone can just excuse this story’s shortcomings and say that it’s okay for this story to be so f*cking retarded. This could be a really good story that explores abuse, but instead it is trying to present itself as a love story and it can trick some readers, especially younger ones, to think this is okay and that the abuse isn’t there. This story is dangerous because it lacks self-awareness and that’s why these problems are never addressed.

When you wrote this you shouldve also made it clear that this isnt normal and you dont approve or support this kind of behavior towards other people. But its never even implied that the narrative is unreliable, and so the abuse is never addressed.

Sorry author, Im a mean reader. I dont want to offend you and usually I write positive and shorter reviews for fanfiction writers. But the fact that this story seems to heavily imply that I’m supposed to go back to my old partner – who abused me emotionally and physically for many years - and fix him with the almighty power of love, actually offended me. Your story is also in some ways more subtle and realistic and better written than so many other fanfiction stories like this, and that’s what can confuse some readers which makes it much more dangerous. And because this story is so popular, I think its only fair that it is also criticized more than the less popular fanfics. I was so relieved when I saw that there were other readers in the comments section- even though theyre a small minority - who had also noticed the problematic elements in this story.

The purpose of this review is simply to explain why I find this story disgustingly insulting and why it makes me really uncomfortable. I hope this super long review helps you to understand my point of view as well.

I wish you a happy summer!

Sincerely
Enthusiastic fan fiction reader

NOTE TO ALL FANFICTION AUTHORS AND READERS OUT THERE:

If there is by any chance other fanfiction authors reading this, Im asking you to do just a little research about what is the difference between healthy and unhealthy relationships, what's romantic and what's abuse. It doesnt take long to do it, just use internet.

Keep in mind that it’s entirely possible to write an interesting, exciting relationship between characters without it being unhealthy. Making relationships healthy and romantic is just as important as plot and character development. Glamorizing emotional and physical violence towards other people is dangerous and it needs to stop. I think recognizing abuse and learning more about abusive relationships can help us to stop this trend. One is the stuff of romance. The other is the stuff of getting arrested for hurting /threatening your partner. Hopefully awareness can be spread here in fanfiction community too.
Guest chapter 50 . 2/19/2017
'Teas a nice story
truefictionaddict chapter 50 . 2/4/2017
Wow what an experience, definitely one of my favorite hetalia fanfics I have read, and the best RusAme I have ever read!
4,352 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »