Reviews for The Blacksmith's Son
PrayerGirl chapter 14 . 5/29
This was s good story! I loved how you through in Archimedes!
Guest chapter 14 . 12/20/2013
Great story! I couldn't put it down. Thanks for sharing it.
Guest chapter 14 . 12/20/2013
Great story! Thanks for sharing it.
Estrella85 chapter 14 . 12/20/2013
I have many a Merlin fic, but this is the first "Arthur is not a king" fic I've seen, and I have to say you've done a wonderful job with it! I love how you kept everyone in character, you still kept the main relationships, while twisting others. This is the first story of yours I've read and I look forward to looking through the rest of you list. :)
Lily1986 chapter 14 . 9/16/2012
That was really good! But man... I wanted them to stay together! Lol! I guess they kind of are but it's still sad. Even though technically it is a happy ending.
Forever Day chapter 14 . 5/23/2012
This was brilliant. Merlin is a show that works well with all sorts of AUs (probably something to do with how many different versions there are already out there) and this was very nice. I did sort of miss pratty Arthur and Lancelot was always this incredibly honourable man so having him this bad guy was a bit strange but the Arthur/Gwen romance was so sweet and you even managed to include Archimedes. Merlin did seem a bit weaker than in the show but his friendship with Arthur was great and I just enjoyed the entire story.
AGDoren chapter 5 . 3/28/2012
You're nothing to her.

As much as Arthur wants to deny it, it's true. They may be friends and they may be closer than he ever expected, but he's fooling himself if he believes that they could ever be anything more. Dancing with her offered a ray of hope and for a moment, he had allowed himself to believe that somehow, he'd find a way to be with her. But Lancelot's words had brought him back to reality.

Men like Lancelot will always get in the way of people like him. It doesn't matter how foul or vile the likes of Lancelot are, to people like Guinevere, they'll never get the chance to see them for who they really are. And likewise, she'll never get to see the Arthur for who he really is.

All the little shreds of hope that had been building within him since their friendship started, shatters, leaving behind only broken pieces.

From across the hall, Gwen's gaze meets his and she smiles.

Yet he can't bring himself to smile back.

So sad for poor Arthur. *whimper-weep*
AGDoren chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
"This might be the closest he'd ever get to her."

Its so sad. I'm glad I found this. :)
Belle Patronus chapter 14 . 8/4/2011
I really loved this fic and I really wish I could read your other stories. I think it's the trailer vid to Painted Faces that directed me to you but alas - Access was Denied. :( Anyway, I enjoyed your take on this - especially since you stuck to Merlin-era. Thank you for sharing!
JennnyJ chapter 14 . 7/12/2011
I'm sorry that I hasn't reviewed your earlier chapters but I had to let go of the internet and the only thing I could do to continue my reading was pasting every chapter into Word, this story took me more than two hours to finish and I have to say that it didn't bore me any second. It was magical - I love the way you wrights and this story feels so thought-through, I loved it! The ending was perfect and I'm glad you didn't make it a Disney-end. Perfect! You are awesome, really, and I'm glad that I've got the opportunity to read your amazing work. Hugs, Jenn
CookieDoughPony chapter 14 . 6/7/2011
I LOVE it :) It kind of twisted into another amazing thing at the end with Arthur rescuing her and Camelot, fighting Lancelot (Who I hate -_-) and everything going back to normal. And I also love the fact you didn't put on the happily ever after thing... that would just be too odd and coincidental! :D I love this story so much... you keep it at just the right pace and the kisses... well. They are THE best part... bar the rest of the story... which is totally awesome ;D

Cookies x
anamarya chapter 14 . 5/7/2011
I found this story sort of by accident and i really enjoyed it, especially the end that seemed very realistic.
Hieiko chapter 9 . 4/30/2011
Sir Arthur! Awesomeness.
Hieiko chapter 5 . 4/30/2011
Strangely, I really like the way you portrayed Morgana here, being a "love 'em and leave 'em" type. It makes her more playful and less serious. :)

I'm not too fond of Lancelot here, though. To me he's not Lancelot at all, but an entirely different person who just happens to have the same name. I mean, sure, I don't want Gwen to be with Lancelot, but I've always thought of him (the Merlin version anyway) as a good and honourable man, the same way Arthur thinks of him.
PoisoningPigeonsinthePark chapter 14 . 3/27/2011
wow :)

I'm relatively new here, and I've just been pootling around, checking stuff out, and this is easily one of the best things I've ever read!

I'm sad you won't be putting anything else here - this was just so beautiful!

a wondeful idea that stayed true to what is at the very cores of the characters, whilst still showing us how different they could be if their rolls were reversed and demonstrated what a real understanding of the characters you must have. I adored every second! you balanced humour and angst and romance effortlessly, and it was perfectly described and all-round wondeful :)

I'm glad you didn't go for a 'disney ending' - your ending gave the story far more integrity, and it all felt so believable!

All I have left to say now is that I thought that was really very special :)