Reviews for Waiting on a Promise
NinjaSheik chapter 1 . 8/12
SO BEAUTIFUL! I loved FFVIII so much! I was also really happy when Squall was paired up with two of the most energetic heroes in the franchise to be his companions in the games! XD It made an interesting and funny trio! Bartz and Zidane are so cute, too, and I'm really glad Squall learned to value his comrades!

That being said, I'm also happy that they annoyed the heck out of him in fic! These guys are just great, and I loved how his memories of Rinoa surfaced to him and made him she's tears! Their reunion was lovely and touching! :D Thanks so much for writing this!
Ai Mamoru chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
Great! Really great! That's how I like Dissidia fanfictions the most (Kingdom Hearts too, by the way), a continuation of Final Fantasy in some way ;)

I guess, if you wanted to integrate Dissdia in FF8, the moment, you chose for Squall's calling into the world of Cosmos and his appearance in his own, was perfect. At least it makes a lot of sense.

I liked how you made Squall remember Rinoa and the impact it made on him. Such deep feelings - that's just my cup of tea.
Thank you! 3
gleamfang chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Wow that was incredibly touching and so in line with the dissidia storyline and FF8s. You are so right in using the time compression as an excuse to spirit Squall away. I like how you tied in the memories of Zidane and Bartz andused that to let Squall mature.

The ending was so incredibly sweet and super fluffy and I just had to smile when he said her name at the end just before the scene change.

Super well done.

Keep Writing
Niqsta chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Monica, this was sooo sweet. Your author notes at the beginning really did make sense, and I guess since I'm reading this post-dissidia 012, Square probably saw this oneshot :P Darn thieves :P

This was really beautifully written, the voices he keeps hearing, bringing in the FFVIII elements just makes Squall's place in Dissidia more concrete - like getting lost in Time Compression. With the other Dissidia characters you have to really think why and which part of their game do they end up there, but here Squall's involvement is already evidence by his misplacement at the end of FFVIII.

Gah I'm rambling!

But just want to say that the end had me in tears! I'm really sensitive these days; anything makes me want to cry. But I love the last words, it just feels so real to think this is probably what he said to Rinoa when she found him.

Love this oneshot. This is so going on my favs.

Destiny-N chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
how sweet! *tries not to cry* I never thought of Squall's story in Dissidia that way - what a wonderful vision! it makes perfect sense, i totally agree with you.
Scribbleness chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
... I can't believe I don't have a review for this story of yours.. damnit...

and to think, this is like... the third time i read this!

so yeah, as always, you, a mistress of one-shots, this one's AWESOME... the mere thought that squall was actually forgetting rinoa, was really... sad... i mean, it's something heavy for the heart, like a burden to carry, knowing that he actually forgot about her... and i can't accept that! NEVAH! but dude, the ending of this one-shot, it's so... so..

it's like a catharsis thing... you know it's gonna happen, but you don't know exactly how... you practically satisfied every reader that had read this... well, i'm satisfied. it didn't leave me in hanging, nor in question.. your ending when rinoa appeared was... completely moving... even if she isn't exactly a part of dissidia, seeing her in a dissidia fanfic, and not through a use of humor or anything, but through a touching romantic story, it's really... beautiful. :3

so, what else can i say? good job buddy. too bad square did not include this side of story in the game itself.. *sigh*
BelleOfTheBoulevard chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
always was a squinoa fan since FF8 release... and its damn good to see squall again in dissidia...that and his awesome chain & combo moves! great work and keep it up!
Sorceress Rinoa Heartilly chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
Hi! I really love this story! It's very nice, I like the form you putted the memories of them and how you putted the beginning, that they make silly competitions hehe XD, I really like it, maybe I'll check out your other story, well...see ya!

-Sorceress Rinoa Heartilly-

*No one can predict the future...*
I've Left The Site chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
Great work, I'll definitely read it again! One of the few Dissidia good!fics. :)
Manders1953 chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
You know, it makes sense for this to have happened. I, unfortunately, didn't catch/forgot some of the references but so far, I've managed to figure out when the 7/8/9/10 characters would come to this time, really. So it's awesome to see a nice fic like this.

*goes back to trying to figure out everyone else's*
Diclonious57 chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
that was cute, I love bartz's and zidane's "contest"
Ghost Writer no. 3 chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
How how cute! *cheers for the touching thing and claps.*