Reviews for Delenda Est
bumblebeezy chapter 16 . 3/10
re-reading this after a few years & gahdamn this story is so. fanfreakingtastic.
timisnotmyname chapter 46 . 3/2
Loved this story! I'm glad to have found it. Thanks for a great read!
Random someone chapter 6 . 2/26
Whoa...so many people in the comments but hurt about the fact that Muggles were able to do damage to Wizarding population during WW2.

Well, but hurt people...maybe Harry Potter magic is simply not as powerful as some of you wank it up to be?! Ever thought of that little idea?!

And about the dude down in the comments who claims that a wizard can have more power than the most powerful nuclear bomb ever detonated, referring to the Tzar bomba. Yeah...keep dreaming bud, and wank their power some more while you are at it.
When a single spell in Harry Potter universe manages to flat a city two times the size of London, and leave an aprox 500-600m create in it's wake, THEN, we can talk about comparing wizards to nuclear WMD's. This feat is something Tzar bomba can easily do, and is also something that even 100 Vodlemorts combined wouldn't be able to pull off.
Even Voldemort with all of his power is NOTHING when compared to the destruction unleashed by even A SINGLE "Little Boy" nuclear bomb dropped on Hiroshima in August 1945. And that one was a fission based single stage primitive nuclear device, which was rated at 18 kT of TNT equivalent, nothing more than a firecracker when compared to the 3-stage thermonuclear fusion Tzar bomba, and it's massive 50 000 kT of TNT equivalent.
Even a single "Litte Boy" bomb managed to nearly flat a city of 200 000 population and kill over 50 000 people in a matter of 30-60 seconds, and an additional 45 000 in the following weeks.
Tzar bomba is 2770 times that.

Harry Potter magic is considerably over hyped by fans, that it's becoming ridiculous to read fan fictions where authors involve or even mention Wizard vs. Muggle approach.
This is a fact known to anyone who has been involved into "vs" debates on various forums, where they pin Harry Potter wizards against powerful characters from other works of fiction.
Astroman1000 chapter 46 . 2/26
Bloody fucking brilliant I'm reading the sequel and as I enjoy it already finishing earl of the north soon
For what it was
Thx ;)
GreyscaleWriter chapter 29 . 2/19
nvm they did the do in this one
Shawn45 chapter 46 . 2/18
I'm curious to know if the fact that there's a character named Rose who happens to be a seer is a reference to Homestuck. I only ask because shortly after she is introduced, Bellatrix mentions that she has a lot of irons in the fire, which made me realize how much like Vriska she acts like.

That out of the way, I thought the story was pretty great overall.

I liked the romance between Harry and Bellatrix, it progressed at a pretty natural rate, and I liked how it took until the halfway point until they finally officially hooked up. I liked how the characters stayed pretty true to themselves, and I really liked how you brought in characters from both the 70s and the 90s timelines. It shined a focus on a lot of characters who are otherwise just background characters or just plain history in other fan fics, so it's fun to see people like Orion be pretty prominent characters in this story.

Another thing I want to mention is that there is no real character bashing. The Weasley's aren't a bunch of scumbags in this, Dumbledore isn't some manipulative overmind trying to take over the world. Snape, Draco, Sirius, and everyone else is just behaving how they normally would. It is so refreshing to read a story where no one is bashed, and I love that in addition to no bashing, most characters get their chance in the limelight.

For the most part I also liked the original characters in this. I liked Leo a lot, and even though she was kind of a bitch, I liked Sidra too, just because she kind of has a good reason to be the way she is with all the crap she puts up with in regards to Bellatrix. I kind of liked, and kind of didn't like Rose. At times I found her to be very annoying, like when people would go to her for her seer powers, but she'd try to deduce it logically instead. Not to mention, she kept mentioning how logical this and that is, and it just got tedious to read after a while.

Speaking characters I liked and didn't like, Bellatrix is by far one of the most infuriating characters in this story. I really liked how you showed us how Harry was pretty much the only thing keeping her from going nuts like she was in canon. It's really interesting to see the parallels between her loyalty to Harry and her loyalty to Voldemort in the original timeline, and it's also interesting to see that she's still a pretty cruel and mean person even as a good guy. She still does HORRIBLE things though, and I found myself really conflicted about her towards the end. She comes off as a sociopath when examining a lot of her actions, and I know that it's intentional, and I also know she's still just a teenager in all of this, but when she essentially murders her own prisoners to further her goals, it's just really messed up.

I tried to read the sequel to this, but I could get further than the first chapter just because Bellatrix's daughters are essentially Bellatrix 2.0, and I couldn't tolerate it at all. One Bellatrix is more than enough for me.

Anyway, that aside, it was a fun read. I hope you keep up the good work.
GreyscaleWriter chapter 28 . 2/17
Did they do the do in this chapter, I'm not sure.
Shawn45 chapter 21 . 2/14
Wow, this chapter is really damn depressing. I didn't know if you would actually start killing characters off, and seeing most of Harry's closest allies die off is just kind of a massive bummer, especially since I've grown to like all of them in the last twenty chapters.

that being said, so far I'm really liking this story. Harry's not a god in this world, hell, without the influence of being 'The Boy Who Lived', there's not a lot he can even really do. I love that he couldn't just go to someone and tell them everything, and he had to gather proof first before admitting to the trouble going on.

I also like the slow burn on the relationship. Bellatrix is someone who murdered a lot of people in his time, so it's great that Harry's not getting over that within a few days, and it has taken him months to even get to the point where he even considers her a friend.

I look forward to seeing where this is going.
ThunderSphinx chapter 46 . 2/4
Black Triplets nice! No son to carry on the name though? Hmm, I guess Sirius can do that :)

Sad that James and Lily didn't have a Harry James Potter II though :(
Azrael38 chapter 46 . 1/30
A great story, can't say enough good things about it. Going on my all-time favorites list. Not sure about the sequel, gonna give that one a skip as I don't particularly care to start an unfinished story but that takes nothing away from what you've accomplished here. Well done.
Drakonian Rogue chapter 46 . 1/19
Interesting...
The Room of Requirement does not make food or drinks appear.
AlexDnD chapter 46 . 1/18
Awesome story! I had stopped when there was a delay in updates and just now returned. Fantastic story one of the best time travel story's across all IPs I've ever read. Once again... AWESOME!
smudge914 chapter 16 . 1/13
are you suggesting that i molest professors? this line made me literally laugh out loud!
That guy chapter 14 . 1/13
Look. I don't get it. Your harry is as dumb as a brick. He lacks all forms of common sense. He is lazy as hell. He doesn't seem to actually get how bad this could be and he makes enemies everywhere he goes. I'm glad JK's harry wasn't like yours or the "good" (such a black and white stereotypical viewpoint) side wouldn't have ever won...
7,330 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »