Reviews for Delenda Est
Superb story! I really enjoyed it! :)
Cece chapter 46 . 1/16
Just finished reading this in a single night. An amazing and refreshing story, so good that I just couldn't stop reading. After almost 10 years of reading HP fanfic I feel like I have read almost every plot and every pairing. For the last few days I have gone through a lot of fanfics trying to find a good one, one that hooked me and last night I seriously didn't expect to find such a great story. This was a first for me, the plotline (double time-travel) and the pairing (Bellatrix/Harry) and I honestly couldn't have picked a better story to start with. Thank you so much for writing this.
Sue Clover chapter 17 . 1/16
Bellatrix, that's not romance, that's called "forcing yourself on someone." She has a lot to learn. By the way, I took a long break from reading this story, not because I didn't like it or anything, just hadn't gotten around to picking it up again. But I'm back! And it's still quite a satisfying story.
H Bregalad chapter 46 . 1/14
When I saw a story with favorites numbering in the thousands I knew I was in for a treat. I was not disappointed.

Thanks for sharing.
BillBrink chapter 4 . 1/11
Every time I saw your story listed with the summary I thought that it wouldn't be of interest to me since it would have to change BB's character 180 degrees in order for Harry to be involved with her. The problem was that almost every author whom I liked listed this story as a Favorite. So I decided to give it a chance, and I'm very glad that I did. If I ever decide to write it will also be on my favorites list.
xvector chapter 32 . 1/10
I'd give this about a 3.5-4/5 (above average) before the timeskip and 2-2.5/5 (average-ish) after. I'll stop reading here. The author's writing quality is excellent, but the plot doesn't hold up after the first half, and I'll conclude reading with my final review here.

There are a few problems with this story, especially after the timeskip. The main problems stem from the following:

1. Harry doesn't make use of his knowledge!
Harry's changes to the universe are so minor that the only visible change - at first, at least - is the fact that the Potters and Blacks could breed more children that are incredibly (intentionally) annoying to read about.
The concept of a "plan" seems to elude Harry, and for a character that has supposedly gone through times of war, it makes little sense that he would simply dive headfirst into everything without a plan.

2. Harry is a wimp!
"he was no stranger to killing on the battlefield" is a quote from the book. Yet the character the author writes seems to project the *exact opposite* - Harry has incredible difficulty killing on the battlefield as he develops some twisted sense of honor at the last minute and goes through an angst-fest.
For a character that has gone through years of war so intense that the entire Order has died out, Harry seems like he's never truly been in a battle. He doesn't seem to hold anything against murderers and killers.
He's even hesitant to finite his own animate conjurations! Like, what?
In short, he holds a guilt complex that a weathered war veteran simply *should not* have!

3. Harry is childish!
Harry can get quite annoying to read. He's childish, constantly afraid of what he might find out - which prevents him from doing anything worthwhile for tens of thousands of words at a time - and his whining eventually becomes a drag to read.

Now, it is perfectly possible that the author intended Harry to be a childish, impulsive wimp in an attempt to reflect canon Harry. If the author intended to reflect canon Harry from OOTP, he did the job very well! Unfortunately, canon Harry would have gotten killed if it wasn't for the deus ex machina at the end of DH. And canon Harry is not the mature Harry the author initially describes - a character hardened by the passage of war and deaths of friends.
xvector chapter 30 . 1/10
What the hell is with Harry simply stunning murderers and walking so they can wake up a few minutes later and continue killing? Why do you insist on an idiotic protagonist?
xvector chapter 28 . 1/9
This fic is going downhill FAST.

You spend far too much time focusing on minor characters. I honestly don't care about the Potter children or any of the other minor, annoying characters you've introduced! Futhermore, you've completely nullified Harry's magical and knowledge-based superiority, taking quite a bit of interest out of the fic.

Now, Harry is relatively mediocre, untrained, and is hesitant to kill anyone in a freaking WAR. He's weak. Do you think readers like reading weak characters? If I wanted to do that I would read some stupid teenage angst fic.

This fic was really, really, REALLY good before the plot twist. Now I'm starting to doubt your ability to do any sort of long term plot planning. Just when the story was picking up it seems like you went "screw it".
xvector chapter 20 . 1/9
Why is Harry SO incredibly meek in this chapter? He comes off more like a teenager that's afraid of everyone. He wears his emotions on his sleeve to the point where a Legelimens would not be needed to tell that something's up.

Your Harry in this story doesn't fit with the hardened post-war Harry that you have in the first chapter. I'm almost hoping that his stupid mistakes throughout this book get him tortured and killed - at least he would learn something, then.
Katie chapter 46 . 1/5
OHMAIFUCKINGGOD. THIS WAS AMAZINGGGG!
GabrielBlade chapter 46 . 1/5
Well, that certainly ranks right up there with my all time favourite fanfics. I'm mightily impressed with how you handled what, on the face of it (especially when describing it to slightly less.. Uhhh.. enthusiastic about fanfic.. friends) is a bizzare and nigh unworkable plot line.

I really enjoyed the slow development of the relationship between Bella and Harry - unlike other comments who've said it felt forced or rushed, I don't, and I think you went out of your way to show both characters imagining and accepting thoughts of an intimate nature well before any actual events taking place, and then given then eventual scenario I think it was not only plausible but almost expected for them to become closer.

Alas, I have rambled enough (and am aware that I am merely a barest whisper amongst the din of 6000 reviews) so I shall end by simply congratulating you (and your various co-authors - or co-conspirators - through the chapters) on an extremely entertaining, well written, and downright excellent story. I can't wait to get started on Para Bellum.
professor of legacy chapter 46 . 1/4
Just found this, thanks to tvtropes' "fabric recs". A superb read. Thank you for writing and posting this.
SeverlyLate chapter 11 . 12/31/2014
It evolved... Downhill.
Bail.
SeverlyLate chapter 3 . 12/31/2014
You do depict Harry as an irritating idiot...
Hope this evolve later.
AbsenceOfTruth chapter 2 . 12/30/2014
I just love how you made the beginning of the plot make Harry and Bella's relationship more believable. It's such a perfect way to start the story :)
6,734 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »