Reviews for Delenda Est
Simianpower chapter 27 . 7/26
Why would Hermione be friends with the Weasleys without Harry there to mitigate Ron's Ronness? They weren't outright enemies only because of Harry. It seems odd that they'd be acquainted at all in this alternate future.
Simianpower chapter 25 . 7/26
OK, lots of problems with this and the last few chapters. First the small one: it's "resorting to", not "resulting to". That one comes up at least twice in this chapter alone. Second, Despite most of a year of training in new combat spells, and dueling with Bella and Orion, Harry still has practically no variety in his spellcasting. Reductor, banisher, stunner, and fiendfyre are practically his entire repertoire. Lame. The fight scenes throughout this story are boring because they're all the same. And third, the largest problem: Bella is creepy.

Imagine you're a woman living with a male roommate who you know is interested in you, but in whom you have little interest (see: Three's Company, a 70s sitcom). At every opportunity he shows up in his underwear, planting his package next to you on the breakfast table, eyeing you like meat, and telling you that you know you want him badly and eventually you'll give in and do anything he asks if only he'll take mercy on you and have sex with you. Would any woman be OK with that? Now imagine that you're also the one paying for the place. Wouldn't you either kick the guy out, or at the very least move out yourself? Who the hell would live like that when they didn't have to? See, reversing the gender roles there makes it a really rapey scenario. Your Bella is appalling.

Oh, fourth problem: time travel AGAIN is sort of lame. It's a shortcut to bulldoze the plot in the direction you want without actually doing the work to get there. Instead of writing, or even summarizing, things getting worse, you fast-forward to where they're worse. Why? Because the way the plot was going they would NOT get worse and you didn't want the story to be too easily finished. Sure, it works. But it's lame. Instead of this, you could have just made the bad guys more competent such that things got worse organically. A jarring start to a story is fine. A lot of stories have jarring starts to jump-start a plot. But a jarring change in the middle is just bad writing. I like this story (so far), but I'm very disappointed with the last 2-3 chapters.
Simianpower chapter 24 . 7/26
Stunners? Banishers? Jinxes? Harry knows that Rodolphus can become a major threat, so why the hell doesn't he finish him off? You don't win a war by annoying your enemies! Idiot.
Simianpower chapter 19 . 7/25
Nice twist. Things were going too well. :)
One of the most well written fics I've had the pleasure of reading
Simianpower chapter 16 . 7/25
If Bella was seventeen BEFORE the school year started, why is she a sixth year?
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 46 . 7/24
An excellent piece of fiction. I must admit it took me quite a while to read it and I passed over it many times, despite many people having it in their favorite list. The Harry/Bella implication in summary did not fill me with confidence. These kinds of pairings tend to result in rather crappy stories, but clearly here is an exception.
Rune Tobor chapter 11 . 7/22
Asp or salamander.
An asp is a small but deadly snake.
In some myths salamanders are creatures of fire.
You Bellatrix has a fiery disposition .

Yes I know that the fic is done, wanted to leave the idea anyway.
Calypto chapter 9 . 7/20
the same harry doesn't want to tell her something and she always uses blackmail as the solution. very creative. even a 20 year old harry who has seen war and was in askaban is still a little for the headache
Blond Dude 42 chapter 46 . 7/19
Well when I first started reading this a few days ago, my hopes were not too high. And then you smashes through them and just kept going. I've always been a fan of odd parings for most stories. This definitely ranks up there with my favorite ones.

It looks like I'll be spending then next few weeks going through your other works to see what else I like. So thanks for such a great story, I really enjoyed it.
Blazeb79 chapter 46 . 7/19
First let me say this story was fan-freaking-tastic, i actually binged read a lot , lol . Imdo have some criticisms but very very minor and really its just stuff i wished to read. Mostly more interaction tween bella and harry , you know like her falling in love and her being jelous maybe some of the same with harry. Other than that great story.
AvantikaPotter chapter 46 . 7/19
A wonderful story. Loved reading it. It was amazing
Dark lord Nedved chapter 46 . 7/18
I will admit the story was going very good...and then the second time travel ensued. i like the kids and the grown Maurauders well enough, but the fic 'feeled' better set in Young Bella's time.

Also, Harry is way to swag for twenty... and every plan he made came to fruition. Other than barty Junior dramatic Lazarus attack, it was a piece of cake for the couple. I still enjoyed it tremendously, however being the minister of magic at so young is a bit out there. Its your fic, its your story, so i commend your good work. 8.5/10
fullplatejacket chapter 36 . 7/15
Honestly, Draco and his lawnmower scheme might be the best part of the whole fic. It's frankly amazing.
dark lord nedved chapter 17 . 7/14
it's exceptionally good. It has enough of all the right elements to be love/hate ship without being overdone.
7,117 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »