Reviews for Delenda Est
sanbeegoldiewhitey chapter 15 . 12/25/2010
Ah, Bellatrix! When she was evil, she was good. When she is good, she is very good. Nice chapter.
k chapter 15 . 12/25/2010
Ooooooo you evil bitches! Such cliffhanger isn't a good present :/

Redeem yourselves by posting another chapter at New Year's Eve, please!

About this chapter, though, going into an unknow and potentially (very) dangerous situation without a failsafe isn't very much like Bella... Another thing that keeps bugging me is that Harry, despite knowing that Voldemort is a lot more powerful than him and that he survived past fights only because of cheer luck, doesn't seem to be trying to improve himself. He only duels Bellatrix, and sporadically, at that. Now that he has time, why not get a more traditional duelling training, why not get a better grip on his basic magic knowledge, why not become a better occlumens?

My impression is that Harry here, just like in the books, survives on sheer dumb luck.
Drac-frst chapter 15 . 12/25/2010
And what a wonderful surprise at that! Ah, a great chapter here - I wasn't sure if Harry was going to accept or not, but you certainly reasoned his choice out well enough. Both Harry and Bellatrix now on the run for their lives! Another cliffhanger, although I at least have more of an idea with this one than at the end of the last chapter. Both their plans are likely something along the lines of "Plan A: RUN!, Plan B: F#$%ing RUN FASTER!, and Plan C: Fight back long enough to RUN!" Both might have issues with their tempers if the odds weren't so over/whelmingly/ against them. (Harry really thought his Occlumency was a match for the Dark Lord's Legilimency? Ha! Saw that one coming, though maybe not so soon.) For a minute there I thought Bella was gonna get away with slipping into the group, considering Voldemort's dislike of intelligence and Crabbe & Goyle being the questioners. Sucks for her I guess, but I suppose her position was bound to come to light eventually.

-Sidenote-

I do have to wonder at the significance of wands in this story - Harry and Voldemort's wands have switched, and then there was the whole thing with the cheap engraved wands, and the wand from the Black vault.. this is clearly going somewhere, although if it's about the time(dimension?)-traveling or the main plot I'm not sure. Or maybe I'm reading a bit too much into things? *shrugs* Either way you've got me curious.
White Hat chapter 15 . 12/25/2010
The wand flip is very interesting, and continues to make me scratch my head and wonder whenever I see it. Sometimes, people are stupid, and it looks like this time, they have bit off more than they can chew.
LordNemesis chapter 15 . 12/25/2010
Talk about a dubble cliffhanger man you really know how to leave someone hanging.
FateBurn chapter 15 . 12/25/2010
great chapter please update again soon cant wait to see what happens with Bella and Harry
Wind Whisperer chapter 15 . 12/25/2010
cool
Delusional Fishies chapter 15 . 12/25/2010
This needs more Lily and Harry action.
hordac85 chapter 15 . 12/25/2010
nice
Naginator chapter 15 . 12/25/2010
Damn hope harry and bella make it out ok and with no mark, I hate when ppl get the mark in this or curse seal in naruto
So Inclined chapter 14 . 12/25/2010
Hey there! I’m still enjoying this story. All the dialogue and characterization remain excellent and the prose is solid (if a bit dry for my tastes). Since the chapter was fairly straightforward plot-wise I’ll go through it scene by scene:

I’m glad to see that the patriarchs aren’t senselessly trusting of Harry; this sort of exploitative stance is exactly what I’d expect from experienced political players. It is a little strange to me though that they didn’t go any further in pondering his origins. The fact that he’s likely been involved in mass combat should be a huge red flag. I mean, he’s all of twenty years old so this mass combat would need to have happened within the last ten years at absolute most. How many out-and-out magical wars have there been in the last ten years that a Caucasian man is likely to get involved in? I suppose it’s possible that they simply don’t care about the details, given they’re confident in his loyalty and have plans to neutralize him if necessary.

The choice of Cygnus for minister seems like a bit of a risk on Orion’s part. Sure, his brother is going to be completely loyal to the cause but muscling him into position also draws a lot of attention to the man behind the proverbial curtain. I wonder if this move will put Orion onto somebody’s assassination target list?

The scene revolving around Dumbledore was interesting; I particularly like his strategic demeanour changes as he deals with different people (doddering grandfather versus Minerva, voice of reason versus Moody). It’s also amusing that apparently *everybody* in thinks something is going on between Harry and Bella – the student body, the faculty and even Romulus/Orion. (I wonder how Lestrange feels about this? Ha.)

Looking at the discussion between Moody and Dumbledore it would seem that there’s a serious risk of all the non-Voldemort actors working at cross-purposes to Voldemort’s benefit. Moody has this very unprofessional fixation on purebloods in general, the Blacks in particular and on Harry as the axis around which it revolves (didn’t anyone ever teach him that correlation doesn’t necessarily imply causation?) - I’m expecting him to take ill-considered action despite Dumbledore’s urging. Speaking of Dumbledore, I find it a little strange that the Supreme Mugwup gets his political news from the Daily Prophet – I would have thought he’d be more connected politically? Given his apparently lack of intelligence gathering, I wonder if he won’t ultimately fall in with Moody’s logic and begin attacking Orion’s work as if it was the real threat? (While Tom giggles in the background)

The last scene was the best in my opinion. I might not approve of Harry’s near anxiety attack at the beginning of it, but upon reflection it made sense. The way I see it, Harry’s position in the world is a lot like this: There is a highly talented sergeant, a real expert in small-unit tactics, marksmanship and close-quarters battle who enjoys great success on the battlefield. Without warning he’s transported to a foreign country, given poor intel scribbled on the back of a napkin and is told to run a counter-terrorism operation against a superior enemy *by himself*. His skills only partially overlap with necessary skill-set and he has no idea who to target. I can see major anxiety and little progress happening – unless the sergeant decides to just go Rambo and kill anybody who might be involved anyway.

The interaction between Harry and Bella in that scene is probably the most significant part of the story to date. Bella laid her position out there without couching it in ‘so long as it benefits me’ terms and Harry consciously admitted he both needs and *wants* her with him. I’m looking forward to seeing how they interact now that they’re in a state of genuine cooperation rather than mutual exploitation.

As for the end, that is a cruel, cruel cliffhanger. What will Harry do? Drop a hundred tons of transfigured high explosive on the Gaunt estate via flying carpet? Assassinate Tom with a transfigured pneumatic gun filled with basilisk venom darts? Be the original Snape and play the spy? And what does Tom want, and why did he sign as Tom Riddle when he introduced himself as Voldemort? Next chapter has a lot of potential, that’s for sure.

(There you go, another giant review. That should inspire you keep the update rate up, right? :P )
Ancient Chaos chapter 14 . 12/25/2010
Decent grammer and coherent writing, other than that, FAIL.

Been trying to read this for the past couple of months and had to force my self around the 5th chapter onwards.

LOL! Harry travels back in time to be the bitch of a sixteen year old Bellatrix and two old guys that are dead in his time. FAIL. LOL! It took two people to come up with this plot?

I actually like the idea of the elder Black and Malfoy but the way you write the protagonist of the story fucks up even the good ideas.

Got to be one of the worst time travel fics that I've tried to read. I'm done with this.

-Shae.
Please Read my stuff chapter 14 . 12/24/2010
awesome
H-Ren chapter 14 . 12/24/2010
Awesome! I really like your story. I havent read that much HP stories, but I really like this one so far!

btw,. a funny omake with the line: ''Harry, I'm your father''. just popped into my head xD

Ah well, keep up the good work and merry christmass.

Ren.
alaskan-dracolych chapter 14 . 12/24/2010
That'll definitely mess with your head. Nice to see Bella breaking through to Harry.
6,477 | « Prev Page 1 .. 340 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 360 .. Last Next »