Reviews for WipEout Dawn
EG-X pilot chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
it brings a tear of sadness to my eye to see how small a fanbase this amazing series hosts, but at the same time a tear of joy to see how unbelievably loyal the fans of this series are. I like your "head cannon" of how the wipEout teams work and stuff. i always thought of FEISAR, Pirahna, Qirex and the sort to be like car manfacturers of the future, like large corperations? i never thought of teams the way you do and i certainly never concidered the existence of low class teams that simply dont exist in the games. youve creatively explained a
fan created backstory to a game that has almost none, and i like it. the story, while brief, had a great impact, after the crash at the end i thought Milli had won, but she died? surprise sad indeed! i was sad all day about it, but in a good way. while i wish this had been longer i think it was an excellent fanfiction and i will be thinking of Milli the next time i wipEout! keep racing, and hope Firesprite (a new gme dev founded by former Studio Livrpool staff) announce a PS4 wipEout at E3 2014!
Light Onthemayo chapter 5 . 1/19/2013
Very interesting take on WipEout. It's too bad you did not move on with the story; it would have been interesting to see how far these characters would get. Milli's death was a bit of a surprise at the end, especially since you labeled the story as "humor/adventure".
I've often contemplated trying to do a WipEout fiction myself, but it's hard to write a fanfic about a game which doesn't have much in the way of interpersonal conflict outside of a general racing atmosphere. I think you've hit onto something here.
the man who chapter 5 . 8/28/2012
Awesome story and loved the characters! But why the bummer ending?!

Hope you write another!
Tariss chapter 5 . 5/31/2011
It took me quite a while to get around to reading the final chapters and I'm sorry: but I'm so glad I finally did.

This is amazing. A real feat of writing. Your grammar is perfect, the characterisation is well done.

I especially enjoy the action scenes, the race itself. It's so fast, heart-pounding and descriptive.

One of the best fan-fiction stories I've ever read, and the ending makes it just that little bit better.

Congratulations on your amazing work :)
Tariss chapter 3 . 12/17/2010
I love WipEout and I LOVE this fanfiction!

It's true that there are not nearly enough stories about WipEout and I'm so glad you've made this.

It's incredibly well-written, with just the right amount of action and description. I'm loving how you've integrated an entire society into this, with all of the new ship names and team names.

Keep up the great work- I'll be looking forward to an update!
RedEyes5O4 chapter 3 . 2/9/2010
cool story
TempermentalRainbow chapter 2 . 1/14/2010
Well Sydon, through past experience i have now clue what wipEout is, but it sounds very much like the XGRA series, I love the idea of writing back story and find it a little sad that you stopped, i'm not exactly sure what it is but i'm going to do research and start my own, i would hope that yours and that we could possibly even work together. or not, well i love the idea and the story was great. i like it man, so don't give up.
MWDarigan chapter 2 . 12/6/2009
Milli's character is starting to buff out into a very interesting person indeed.

I can't wait for the Super-Phantom race. Icaras is going to be right at home lol

I love Milli's optimism lol
MWDarigan chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
That was unbelievable. That's one of the best thing's I've read. I cannot wait until your start writing in Rapier or even Phantom class. the Adrenaline is just exquisite. So intense. Her racing technique wither and changes as the pressure ensues which I love. I'm also glad to see your protagonist doesn't have a 'god-like luck' when it comes to winning, I like how the star character can actually lose, and as sensationally as that.

Keep posting