Reviews for Middle Distance Runner
Carefully chapter 3 . 9/29/2010
I love reading people's take on the Quick backstory and this is well written.

I do hope you carry on :)
addisonkarev chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
pearlydaze chapter 3 . 9/28/2010
Oh I can't tell you how much I am enjoying this right now. You had my in tears in the both the 2 and this chapter. As much as you say you can't write Quinn, you did a wonderful job. Please continue this. It would be a real shame if you didn't finish this story. It really is wonderful.
Keli chapter 2 . 9/28/2010
Oh omg your writing is so good :) I was glad to see an update but I can't view it cos the link is broken ): Sadface, cos has a weird glitch now ): And I love this story YAY!:D chapter 2 . 9/19/2010
okay this is the single, cutest thing ever :)

i love kiddyfics with a passion and yours is truly a lovely piece; hope you do continue someday!

anonymousjoy chapter 2 . 5/12/2010
i hope you continue, because i have a feeling this one could become epic. i'm not usually into 1st person stories, but so far i really like how you capture not only puck but quinn and her entire family as well. and so i hope you continue so we can experience more puck/quinn interactions and their gradual relationship.
andthen chapter 2 . 5/7/2010
Really interesting. Am really looking forward to seeing where this is going.
jackiekennedy chapter 2 . 12/12/2009
Absolutely beautiful. This was difficult to read in the way that it is almost painful to understand - and I mean that in a good way. Some lines make me cringe because it's just so /true/. Puck's realization when he doesn't have a birthday gift or Quinn's apology and question were so raw that it was so hard to read without feeling my stomach drop.

Seriously, it takes so much talent to write like this. I am loving every bit of this story. Favorite line of the chapter: "Just like usual, they’re reserved for teasing, another chance for the youngest Fabray to display her power over the rest of you."

That just got me. Keep it up! I can't wait to read more.
jackiekennedy chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Oh my. Your attention to detail is frighteningly impressive. I'm completely serious - Quinn doing homework on a Saturday night, Mrs. Fabray's characterization, DINOSAURS... the list goes on and on. The whole exchange about the color of the cast is so simple, but your writing style allows it to reveal so much about the characters.

"You decide that’s why you like her. You want to be her friend because she isn’t like the other girls; she’s willing to kick back. Quinn Fabray takes matters into her own hands, even though the look on her mom’s face is enough to even cripple the bravest person you know (you)."

That line was perfect; within two sentences, you completely captured Puck's fascination and Quinn's personality. Two sentences. That takes skill. My absolute favorite part was his comparison between his house and her house - a castle? Adorable. Second person has a really interesting quality, and it makes me more submissive to your story. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Tears of Mercury chapter 2 . 12/11/2009
I really like this. You're doing an excellent job with the second person narrative - it's always hard to get that right (for me, anyway :]). Seeing the way wee!Puck justifies being in love with Quinn as a friend thing is, imo, so very in character, and infinitely superior to the normal "I'm going to marry that girl some day, she's *so* pretty" portrayal usually used for puppy love. Puck is much more practical than that; of course he would rather have a friend than a girlfriend. Well, at least at seven/eight.

I'm also really liking Quinn here. It makes a lot of sense that she would have always been sharp-tongued and just a smidge manipulative, and that just makes her little moments with Puck (drawing the dinosaur on her cast, awkwardly trying to let him know it's okay at her party) even sweeter. And I especially loved that she gave Puck a good swift kick to the shin when he broke her write - despite the intentional cliche of her character, there is a fierce female in there that makes it easy to see why Sue would have made her captain of the cheerios as a sophomore.

... So, basically, what I'm trying to say with all of this rambling is that I just really like your story. It's smart, and in character, and the last part with Puck and his mom just about broke my soul. *sniffles* I really hope you continue to update! :)
Lo chapter 2 . 12/6/2009
totally liked it. keep writing.
nikstarr chapter 2 . 11/30/2009
This was such a great chapter!

I really hate Quinn's mom.

but I guess anyone would . lmfao
beautyintheagron chapter 2 . 11/29/2009
Aw this was so cute 3 Puck and his mom were adorable, and you are making me hate Quinn's mom even more. Update soon!
Mac chapter 2 . 11/28/2009
This is the cutest story I've read :) I love the 2nd person narative, or is it 3rd person? Whatever it is I like it.

Can't wait for your next update, and the one after that :)
Anonymous chapter 2 . 11/27/2009
Aw... poor cute little Puck...

I like the format of the story and the insight it provides.

Waiting on another chapter,