Reviews for A Passion for the Absolute
BellaCam chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
You are a Genius. I fell in love with this beautiful piece of art because you captured Courfeyrac and Enjolras' voices perfectly! And I am a Drama student so all the fact concerning the clash between Classical and Romantic...MAGNIFIQUE! I love you so much right now :) I had never concidered Courfeyrac and Enjolras before made me fall in love with them and...everything was so...right and perfect.

Merci... big big love from Canada
wolfofsummerbreeze chapter 11 . 3/23/2014
You kept the style oh my god. 3
Yurrei chapter 11 . 7/15/2013
great story. ill be honest and have just started reading stories for les mis and after looking through the summeries only a few stood out. the diversity is not large and as i really enjoyed reading this story i hope you continue to write as you promote the basis. looking forward to the next update
Cascaper chapter 11 . 2/23/2013
And so as my heart is off in the stratosphere, the rest of me is floating in- as Marius would say- "breathless delight," which no doubt will continue for a good few hours. Bravo, bravo, bravissimo! It's a breathtaking conclusion to a most excellent story and I applaud you with all my soul.
Cascaper chapter 10 . 2/23/2013
Oh, I'm never getting my heart back now. It has flown off into the ethers to soar between earth and sky in ecstasies. All because of that glorious costume and the still more glorious kisses that resulted. I reread those paragraphs three times. Aaah, I can't wait to see what happens at the theater!
Cascaper chapter 9 . 2/23/2013
Actually dancing around the room with the joy that this chapter induces in me. Everything is going so well! Politics, life and love! Reading poetry aloud in Southern accents; Jehan dueling Racine atop a table, and our lead couple promising basically that they will for sure try to discover whether they can "live and die" for each other- together! Bless you, AMarguerite, bless you!
Cascaper chapter 8 . 2/23/2013
"Oh, Courfeyrac, you darling, I'm so glad this is all working out for you." -That makes it clearer than ever. I utter the phrase "Oh [blank], you darling" at least once over the course of every story I read and this one is no exception- well, save for the fact that Musichetta beat me to it. I couldn't adore this chapter more if I tried. Wardrobe help, the weary glitterings of society, moonlit garden kisses and Courfeyrac going home with Enjolras- what more could one want? :D
Cascaper chapter 7 . 2/23/2013
I eagerly applaud this new intoxication of which Courfeyrac speaks! Oh, I was getting upset right along with him all through the theater sequence. -Gorgeous imagery with the cold marble statue in the moonlight, by the way. Don't think I missed that. God, this part nearly made me cry:

What poem had he been reading when Grantaire came in? Courfeyrac managed to dredge up the first few lines: "My heart aches, and a drowsy numbness pains / My sense, as though of hemlock I had drunk."

He forced himself to open his eyes again and look up. He was standing in the shadow of the pillar, and could sort of see the moon. Courfeyrac remembered one evening in his childhood home near Aix-en-Provence, towards the end of one summer. He had been in the pond in the formal gardens when the moon came out, and its reflection on the surface of the water had been the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. It had looked lonely though, so lonely that Courfeyrac understood what 'pale with grief' meant for the first time. Courfeyrac had decided to bring it inside to share his bed so it wouldn't be lonely anymore. Courfeyrac had scooped up the reflection only to see it trickle out between his fingers again and again and again.

"You were crying for the moon," Courfeyrac told himself.

But thank god for the end where Enjolras comes to our hero of his own accord. Oh, my heart feels so much warmer. The kisses and the conversation and just everythiiiing... right, going on now.
Cascaper chapter 6 . 2/23/2013
Dammit, dammit, dammit! And we were getting so far with Enjolras... I quite like your OC's by the way. There seems to be nothing you cannot do well in the realms of fanfiction and writing in general. The way E and Combeferre are termed "mother and father" is just brilliant. Poor little Jehan, blaming himself for getting Courfeyrac shot in the first place- oh sweetheart, don't cry.
Cascaper chapter 5 . 2/23/2013
No nono no NO, don't stop, Courfeyrac. You are capable of long-lasting affection, I know it. Everyone is somewhere. You can be careful, and you will make mistakes, but this can and will work. I know it, I tell you. By the by, I am so pleased that Musichetta clearly represents we the audience here. And if she sees no danger... wait, what am I saying. The inability to see danger does not mean it doesn't exist; that's five-year-old's logic. Sorry.

On lighter notes, Jehan's verbal visions of the Apocalypse translating into real ones for poor laudanum'd up Courfeyrac was a hilarious sequence.
Cascaper chapter 4 . 2/23/2013
...Oho, I was wrong, it took the fourth chapter. God, Combeferre nearly ruined the whole thing. Thank goodness for Musichetta's help. But now we have seven lovely chapters left in which to explore plot possibilities and other wonders... You write these two so beautifully it makes me sigh in delight. Come on Enjolras, there's nothing to worry about... oh shit, what's Grantaire going to do. I just thought of that. Clever, clever me. -facepalms-
Cascaper chapter 3 . 2/23/2013
It is too of consequence! Dammit Enjolras! Oh well, I suppose this wouldn't be an eleven-chapter story if all was revealed at the end of the third chapter, which was otherwise perfectly delightful in its display of banter and jokes and secretly plot-advancing discussions. Musichetta is just damn awesome; I love her more every time she speaks.
Cascaper chapter 2 . 2/23/2013
"Surprised to see me alive?" Courfeyrac asked, quirking up his eyebrows. "I am rather surprised myself. I can only imagine that the Grim Reaper came by, mistook you for my guardian angel and left at once rather than do battle."

Oh, this is beautiful. I can't say much more than that- my brain is failing me in the construction of compliments I have not already given a thousand times over, but there we are. Beautiful.
Cascaper chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Oh my! Excitement and danger and injury and in the midst of all that, little touches of affection. What a starting point... I can't wait to see what comes next. :D
Ruthibobs chapter 11 . 2/15/2013
I loved this! Marvelous distraction from work at college, and an absolutely excellent story.