Reviews for Secrets of the Deep
Anon chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
I would just like to say that I have read all of your stories, and loved them all. Still, this one remains my absolute favorite. Every time I am feeling sad, I just read this fic, and my whole day is better. So thank you.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
"Sure enough, Jehan had set the lobster free to wander around the table, tied a ribbon around its neck and was now trying to teach it to fetch. At the other end of the table, closer to the stove, Enjolras was quite calmly cutting up onions and tomatoes, as if it were perfectly normal for Jehan to befriend the dinner ingredients." Beautiful. Just beautiful.
Really enjoyable to read, well written, and Angry Jean Prouvaire is absolutely adorable! Kisses
Autumn Moon Fae chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Herbert!
Cascaper chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Ok, remember how I said I nearly choked reading the other fic? Never mind. I am now long since dead. Poor Jehan, discovering new proofs of the mysteries of the universe in would-be meals... And I love Courfeyrac's attempt to soften the blow, followed by Enjolras' absent addition. Yes Jehan, go wherever desire may lead! :) Grantaire is my favorite of the Amis, but I think your Jehan just rose to a close second.
Doc M chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Sheer genius. As a Hugo fan and a Nerval fan, with a fondness for Occitan as a language, I take my hat off to you.
hollybridgetpeppermint chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
I'm laughing so hard, it's ridiculous! I LOVE IT! *favorites*

Though my favorite parts have GOT to be Enjy's reactions..."...Enjolras was quite calmly cutting up onions and tomatoes, as if it were perfectly normal for Jehan to befriend the dinner ingredients"... *snicker* "...Bossuet, with an extremely emphatic shake, managed to make Hébert fly off of his hand and sail over Enjolras's head (Enjolras looked up to watch Hébert's trajectory with detached interest before returning to his tomatoes)..."'It will turn to ashes in our mouths,' said Enjolras, not looking up from his tomatoes"...*giggles helplessly*

Like I said, I LOVE it! Poor Jehan and Hebert I, though... XD

~hbpm
Inspector Karamazov chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
"Sure enough, Jehan had set the lobster free to wander around the table, tied a ribbon around its neck and was now trying to teach it to fetch."

This line literally made me laugh out loud. Poor Hébert.
Mme Bahorel chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
This is hilarious cracky awesome :) Seriously, laughing so hard, I can't possibly leave a coherent review.

When do you have time to do homework when you're writing all these brilliant, delightful stories?
no. 12 en ut mineur chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
This, or rather the laughter it provoked, induced in me a series of coughing fits that would have had Joly worried for three weeks on end. (The boiling pot of freedom ... brings to mind the failed rejuvenation of Pelias! Shame Grantaire wasn't there to remark on it :D)

You manage to take these little plotsy or characterisationy things that Hugo (or 'most any nineteenth century writer) would hardly have considered incorporating in their stories except as tiny fibres and make them the flesh of yours, while the skeleton remains true to the age, and the heart to the characters. Once more, chapeau!
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
This was amazing! Wow! I don't know how many times I can say that I love your characterizations!
Enjy chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
I'm still laughing. That was genius. I feel like I'll be quoting this for a long time. Lobsterity is a beautiful word that I must add to my vocabulary and I will use the phrase "you might as well boil a kitten!" to answer why I'm a vegetarian.
LesMisLoony chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
How do you continue to produce the most delightful stories? I made the mistake of starting on this one in lecture and had to cover my grin several times (Jehan tying a ribbon around a lobster's neck and trying to teach it to fetch, Bossuet hopping around with said lobster swinging wildly from his fingers and, most hysterically, Enjolras watching the lobster fly by through the air) but by the time Jehan was gazing into Hébert II's eyes I got so tickled I had to hide my face and stop reading for a few moments lest I burst out in laughter in the middle of a particularly boring talk about java programming. I'm sure the girl next to me thought I was weeping.

Oh gosh, I love the way you write these interactions. Like, I desperately love them.
ColonelDespard chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
Is the pet lobster a la de Nerval or a la Homer Simpson? (I'm a huge fan of "Pinchy", who also met an untimely end).

How lucky are we to get two stories from you in one day! And this one is a hoot - I can't wait to show it to my Bouillabase cooking friends. Jehan swearing in Occitane...Enjolras watching serenely as a lobster flies over his head (that one is begging to be sketched!)...you even managed to work in the looking-into-the-abyss exchange!

Love Enjolras' faith in Combeferre - whatever happens, he's sure Combeferre will ensure they get fed. And lucky Prouvaire, who has friends willing to go on late night crustacean hunts for him.

Best lines: “How can you think of eating him?” wailed Jehan.

“It will turn to ashes in our mouths,” said Enjolras, not looking up from his tomatoes.