Reviews for Learning Experience
Cyrion chapter 1 . 1/28
Interesting, again, as always, well written. Just finished forward, hope you get around to writing some more for that, really engaging story. I can imagine, joss' reaction reading some of ur stuff... top grade stuff really. Keep it up! :)
instantdeath999 chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
This was a great story. I share your view that River, while incredibly dangerous and skilled, isn't infallible. Personally, though, I've always liked to think that the only person on the ship capable of stopping her in hand-to-hand would be Mal, as he seems to be a bit more of a careful fighter than Jayne. Still, the way you wrote this was very believable.
Ratiqu chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Just crashed through all 77 chapters of Forward and got curious as I went to hit Follow on it. Stumbled on this.

I fucking love the way you write these two together. Rayne is a tricky thing to write without betraying either the nature of the two of them or the balance of the crew as a whole, but you really do it pretty damn well.

Also, if you get some spare time, it wouldn't be bad to proofread this. I counted at least a dozen typos or misplaced pronouns.
Lyzzybelle chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
This was very good! I loved it (as I love Forward). I think it could have fit into one of your first episodes easily!
Dherea chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
I really enjoyed the dynamics between the two of them. You wrote them to be human - not invincible. Good story!
jenefaner chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
I would LOVE for you to follow up on this story! This was so fun to read! And of course with all the tension between them, it would make for a great coming to gether. ;)
basaltone chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
I like this story very much. It has a depth that is hard to accomplish in a one shot. Thanks.
Eliche chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
Very nice. :D
Ali chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Um...about that follow up to this story...I hope you're planning it as this is so wonderful. :)
RJ Steamboat chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
this was rather enjoyable. however, it's john thomas, not thompson. ) but really other than that it was a fantastic story.
RevDorothyL chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
I really enjoyed your approach to this - contrasting programmed knowledge with Jayne's hard-earned experience, while also having Jayne come up with some pretty good insights into why beating him might be so important to River right at that point in her life.
Dark-Syaoran chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
Oh, nice little piece. I really enjoyed that. I agree with you in that it is a lot more interesting when she has limitations, not some all-knowing, unstoppable force of nature.

Well done.
Gabzilla chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
You are making me ship it.

Damn, this was adorable 3
icebreather chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
This was thoroughly enjoyable. I especially loved your attention to detail, which made it easy for me to picture the scene, and increased its realism. The description of weapons training and the physical fight were wonderful. You were also very true to character - not so easy to pull off with these two. Also, an exciting and original story. Nicely done!
Stormbringer951 chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
Reading your author's notes is always a fun exercise. I like it when people leave notes concerning their own thoughts about their writing, what they set out to achieve.

It's certainly an interesting story, although I think that it may strain credulity slightly that an assassin such as River is being conditioned into wouldn't know the basic principles of firing heavy sniper rifles - by the way, do you imagine this as the sort of gun Jayne uses in the pilot? Anyway, I feel that River would probably have some basic working knowledge of how to handle longarms, if not any practical experience.

That's nit-picking however, and it's an engaging short. Good job.