Reviews for a vain belief of private revelation
SapphireMistress chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
Oh my god, you're just amazing! It felt like I was reading the novel itself!Your wordings, descriptions...it felt like I was Basil, and so in love with the story set before me.

I just died happily...
lori-la-strange chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
What a brilliant version of their first meeting. It's so in-character and the dialogue is fantastic. I think you've done Oscar Wilde proud!
Isolde von der Wiese chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
That was so beautiful 3 I absolutely loved it
SterlingCade chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
I love this! The dialogue is wonderful, and you've really captured the tone of the original novel. I wish there was more. _
SlashMyDreams chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
That was really lovely
Icewind136 chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
This is brilliant, it should have been in the book. It's heartbreaking.
xkatiex chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
just like to say that I loved your story; I think you captured basil's idolisation of dorian perfectly, and it was well written, too. Well done!
FinalFallenFantasy chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Oh, how beautifully written. And very much in the style of the book. I love how you describe everything as though it is a painting; just how one would imagine Basil to think. You've really captured his enchantment with Dorian, the poor man :(.
Ryntha chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Brilliant! Like others have said: well written and in character. You managed to portray the wonderful relationship between Basil and Dorian (hooray!) without making it too over-the-top or false.

Victorian writing takes an effort to imitate...I should know, I've tried enough times :P Well done!
TheExplosiveBubble chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
WOW...that was extremely well-written (as though it came straight out of the book)! I am very impressed with how you portrayed the characters. Plus I like Basil a lot, so it was nice to read from his point of view.
Secretsofthedarkness chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
I LOVE IT!

Haha.

Really well writen, in character as well. I could almost believe Oscar Wilde 3 had writen it himself.

i want more!
someone who loves you chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
I want to marry or at least slobber all over this fic.

That sums it up pretty well.

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS WRITING.

perfect perfect perfectly in character.

PERFECT FIT INTO CANON.

Oh oh oh, please please write more for this fandom.

You are one of the greatest things to happen to it.
human circuitry chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
my god, you are fantastic. it's been so long since i read this book... but you remind me of why it was so awesome. you have captured the style of writing... making me feel as if i'm reading something from the time period. 3