Reviews for Walking Backwards
allyssumdays chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
This was definitely something unexpected :) well done, all the way through; I like the paralled parts, and also the differences. I'd like to read more of this, but if it doesn't happen, well done all the same!
tigertailzlc chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Very good – I've finally found something decent on FanFiction. Kidding. But it is good. I like the idea, for one thing – it's something new and different. The opening paragraph is well written – it welcomes the reader and doesn't make them go, "Wait, what's going on?" while still hinting at what the piece is about.

The grammar, spelling, and punctuation is all good, which is a relief. It doesn't hurt for the reader. :)

Also, it's difficult to introduce the backstory for each character and weave it into the narrative – you do this better than any other AU writers I've seen so far. You balance the narrative and the flashbacks so that the reader is gently introduced to what you're writing without being plunged into an AU where they've got no idea what's going on. Awesome. :) Granted, it's still a little confusing as to what, really, Kio and Ritsuka have been doing or how they got to be like this, but there is only so much you can reveal without huge chunks of explanation and telling without showing, so with this in mind, you've done well.

Ritsuka's character is, however, a little mangled in this story, especially his attitude in the beginning; he doesn't seem like the cheeky teenager type, but then again, it works here. Kio's character is nicely retained. Maybe you could stop him swearing so much; he does seem like the type who'd smoke and swear, but who would swear in jest, not in actual anger.

Not much else to say, I guess – good work! Hope this helped!