Reviews for With a Vengeance
Arkylie Killingstad chapter 1 . 1/17
Sooooo much I love about the way this fic turned out. The idea of Xellos trying death-by-cop, the reasoning for it, the nuances of how he was careful not to harm too many (but, likewise, that he was not 100% murder-free, as that would be weird for a Mazoku), the fact that we get a good solid fight at the start (without much explanation), the working of both of their minds understanding what's going on, Lina's ability to make up and change spells instead of just work within her canon repertoire, the change of Xellos to serve a new mistress (a plot point I'm really enjoying in the well-written fics I've read recently), the way they both enjoy each other's companionship, the awe Xellos feels upon the shift in natural allegiance...

About the only aspect I would've done differently, were I writing, is to keep it platonic, and that's only because it's one of the few really great fics I've read where the romance/sexuality part isn't so strong that it could be easily done without it and still be just as good. There aren't enough good platonic fics out there, as though the strength of friendship is somehow inferior to romance or sexual attraction, and that just makes me yearn for intimate-friendship fics when I see one that could've gone that way. (So I'm not saying the romance doesn't fit or doesn't work here, just personal preference that I wish it weren't there in this one.) But other than that... this is just a really well-written fanfic, and I love it to pieces.
drcalvin chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
Have I reviewed this on the other site? I don't remember and I don't care, because I loooove it /flail flail/ It's all - cute and scary and has a great big feeling of impeding chaos and how ELSE could it be? You're brilliant and you write Slayers brilliantly _
XellossLina chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
I LOVE this story! Sequel please! D
Netara Ryan chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Oh wow, this is such an amazing start to a super interesting concept! I would love to see more of this story if you're still working on it at all! Great job :)
Ai-2005 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
sequel? *puppy eyes*
LinaSamaRocks chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
Can't wait for the next chapter:)
mageblood chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
really good story you have here, can't wait to read more!
angelicyokai chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Please, dear lord, do continue this. I have been hoping you would continue since I've read the first chapter and it would just be wonderful to see more of Lina-sama and her new mazoku priest! Thanks for another wonderful story. (as if Poison and Birthright weren't enough)
Precious5881 chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
Cute! and a little LOL.
Sailor Panda chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Dramatic but fun - loved it!
Faye Metallium chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
I really enjoyed this story and hope you choose to either continue with it. Never pictured Xellos as a cuddled but I love it. Also loved the "can I keep him" scene.
SilveryBeing chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
This has to be one of my favorite Xel/Lina fics. Everything about it I loved, especially Xellos as the cat. I really hope you write up a sequel or something, I need to see what happens now that Xellos is bound to Lina.
Jaddasroots chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
fabulous :D
Kikimora chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Aw, this is so cute! I totally loved it! I think I'm going to draw a pic for this story once I have some time. I really love the subject _
Steampunkchick chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
I totally think you should continue with this! Great idea! I find myself coming back to it over and over because it's such a cute but entertaining idea!