Reviews for What We Do Behind Doors That Don't Close
KRKCxForever chapter 20 . 1/18/2012
Oh golly I want this so badly to update!

Its wonderful and even most of my buddies agree it is!

I am just so curious to where everyone else is. To tell you the truth Demyx being found and nearly crying made me a little teary eyed.
Madee-Chan chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
GOD I wish this story would update! I just stumbled upon it, and to be honest, it's one of the best written stories I've read on this site. The story line is awesome, the characterization is prefect...and I'm just absolutely drawn in and addicted! I really really really really really hope this updates [: It's fantastic!
Haaku1234 chapter 20 . 9/5/2011
This fanfiction is great, and I really wish you would update.

I've reviewed on here before, though, under my username.

But I just wanted to say: Are you aware there's someone else who has the first 10 chapters of this word for word posted here?
Vithian chapter 20 . 1/27/2011
You have absolutely no idea how much I love your story. I literally stayed up all night just to read it. Especially the first chapter. I adored it. The wording was intricate and beautiful, yet slightly depressing at the same time, and, and... You're just talented.

I haven't seen this idea before. I mean, I've seen ideas like this, but they never remember their Nobody lives... Anyway, just a really great story!

TheSnowAngel chapter 18 . 12/13/2010
Oh dear. Poor Braig, but at least Even didn't do it on PURPOSE... Probably.

Awsome story, please keep going!
Jander Panell chapter 19 . 12/11/2010
Ah, ok this review belongs to chapter 18.

That was short but amusing and I just love the way you write the Organization members' interactions. You have a really good handle on all of them as characters. For some reason the idea of everyone sitting around playing cards while Zexion cooks is very, very amusing.

Again, I like how you subtly point out how much the power dynamic has shifted, how Vexen is the one holding the most power now. It's a kind of poetic justice, I feel.

And lawlz, Braig would totally lose his eye that way (ignoring the events of BBS of course). XD Did Even intend on that happening?
MyDreamsToYou chapter 20 . 12/11/2010
Hmm, I could have sworn you had this chapter up before. Nevertheless, I love it.
Jander Panell chapter 20 . 12/10/2010
Okay, I'm confused...chapter 19's contents are the same as chapter 18's? What's going on here? O_o

But anyway, loved this chapter. I love Demyx and you write him perfectly. Bubbly and innocent but not stupid. How I hate stupid!Demyx. I hate him with the fire of a thousand suns.

AND XIGBAR. Omfgz. "Sparky." Lawlz. I love Xigbar so much. You write him perfectly, which is really impressive because a lot of people just can't write him.

And yay touching reunions!

This story's still amazing and I want you to update really, really fast. Pretty please? :D

Sorry for the substanceless gushing, but I really don't have anything to say except "omfgz amazing amazing holy shee-it amaaaazing". So yeah.
Jander Panell chapter 18 . 11/21/2010
Excellent as always, I don't have much to say, just drowning in sheer awesomeness~

I will admit that I had trouble telling that the flashback scene was a flashback initially; it kind of jarred me because unlike all your previous flashback scenes, it was in third person instead of first. So I thought I might have missed when the crew actually encountered Demyx again. Just a minor bug, though.

Something tells me Vexen's not going to get to go home again, though...well, at least he keeps his dog.
Jander Panell chapter 17 . 11/20/2010

Of course, I wasn't expecting Vexen to want to leave. But the way he put it really floored me. For the first time, he's happy - and that's why he doesn't want to leave. It's so simple and yet must absolutely crush Marluxia Because the things that make Vexen happy are such basic things - respect, a nice house, peace - it makes you realize just how much Marluxia hurt Vexen in the past. And I love how you play on the inequalities of their relationship. Before, all the power seemed tilted in Marluxia's favor, but now it leans towards Vexen because it's plain that the relationship meant more to Marluxia than it ever did to Vexen. Reading that last scene sent chills down my spine, well done.

And awww, the more I read of him, the more I love Lexaeus. I want him and Zexy to reunite already, though at the same time, Arthur will be left without a home when Lexaeus leaves...complicated. I can see you're moving into less straightforward, clear-cut cases (like Zexion and Xigbar and Larxene, who all had no problem with leaving), where it'll be a lot more complicated to get the people to leave, either because they're harder to reach (like Demyx), or more deeply invested into their worlds (like Vexen and Lexaeus).

The suspense is killing me! I can't stop reading.
Jander Panell chapter 16 . 11/20/2010
Awww so Dudley is a dog! That cleared up a mystery...for some reason, I thought Dudley might have been another replica. XD

Epic chapter; I think it's my favorite so far. I love the 411 scenes; both Vexen's and Marluxia's seemed beautifully realistic to me. I especially love how you note that their relationship is just like before - only Vexen has the upper hand now. It's a subtle shift, but it means a lot for them. Can't wait to see how they get on...

And the friendship moment! Oh, I'm a sucker for those. That scene made me squeal "Nakama~" out loud. Xigbar's words I found particularly poignant. I definitely think that he's the sort to feel that way.

Still enjoying this~
Jander Panell chapter 15 . 11/20/2010
Lol Vexen's reaction is perfect. Exactly how I'd react if I was in his place.

I'm sorry this review is so substanceless, I'm just reeling at the OMFGWTFBBQ awesomeness of this chapter. Gonna go on to the next one, now~
Jander Panell chapter 14 . 11/20/2010
I don't have much to say except I love the way that you write Demyx. His voice is just perfect. And you've done a good job establishing his desperation, with a touch of humor as well (lawlz, that nutritious grass).

Vexen's interactions with his fellow scientists are a joy to read, too. Love how haughty he still is, and how he's trying to put everything behind him. I foresee trouble when Marluxia and the lot finally catch up with him, because he is /not/ going to want to go.

Also, on a rather stupid note, but does scientist!Vexen have short hair? If so, that's a strangely delicious image.

On to chapter 15~
Jander Panell chapter 13 . 11/19/2010
The last scene sent chills down my spine. You have captured Demyx's voice perfectly, and even though all I've seen of him so far is a single transmission, you've already made me feel all his panic and isolation and desperation. Excellent job.

I like the way you write 411, too. I am rather conflicted about this pairing because too often it turns into stupid sadist Marluxia dominating wilting flower Vexen, but the way you write it comes across as natural for both their characters and filled with layers of depth beyond just abuse/craziness.

My favorite scene in this chapter has to be the brief one in which Marluxia contemplates what to do when he meets with Vexen again. It's only a paragraph, but it broke my heart. I think it really conveys Marluxia's desperation and the depth of his feelings for Vexen - takes him beyond just the sadistic narcissist he is often depicted as. Beautifully done.

And cool, Organization members with guns. This should be good.

On to chapter 14!
Jander Panell chapter 12 . 11/19/2010
Awesome, Xigbar as a Chicago gangster! For some reason I can perfectly see that.

And awww, this chapter reminds me why I love Lexaeus so much. He really does come across as one of the most honorable Organization members.

It's getting better and better~