Reviews for Never Too Far
titan616 chapter 1 . 1/8
I was thinking of the Valeyard when the Doctor decided he could impose his will on time and damn the consequences during 'The Waters of Mars' too. During his "Timelord victorious' spiel and even before that, I swear I could see the Valeyard in the darkness in his eyes, hear him in the coldness of his voice.

I was also reminded of the Monk in a way, considering how the Doctor was meddling with time. Mostly the Monk meddled for his own selfish, petty reasons. But it was in, ironically, 'The Resurrection of Mars' when we saw the Monk attempting to alter a fixed point in history because he believed he could make history better. But the Monk was never as scary as the Doctor was in the Waters of Mars, mostly because the Monk just wasn't in the Doctor's league. As destructive as the Monk can be at times, he's nowhere near as menacing as the Valeyard.
Atarah Derek chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
Ooh, chilling! WoM was a hard one to watch because of this moment-and I wasn't even familiar with the Valeyard at that point. It sent chills down my spine, and it showed me just how wonderfully complex the Doctor is as a character. How amazing he is, and yet just how vulnerable he is to falling into the same traps that Borusa, Omega and even Rassilon himself did.

When I finally saw the last story of ToaTL, the revelation of the Valeyard's identity immediately brought back memories of WoM, and thus the Valeyard became a truly terrifying character. I also thought Colin Baker's reaction as the Doctor was absolutely brilliant, considering no one (not even the actor playing the Valeyard) knew at the time what the Doctor would have done by his 12th regeneration-and yet the Doctor made it clear he knew all too well the potential within him. I think it's all in his name (genius move on Moffat's part, making the show title a 50-year arc phrase).
Tillthewheelsfalloff chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
Wow. Wow wow wow! This is incredible! Had me sucked in from the first word, incredibly written and just...works. Love the 'Your Moriarty' slipped in there at the end, but even then, wow, gives me shivers.
Well done, this is really really incredible!
oceanlover4evr chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Gosh, this story really gave me the chills.
Chibi Binasu-chan chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Oh yes, this was good. haha God when I saw the Waters of Mars I just knew he had turned, that something inside him had clicked the wrong button - all the people he lost over such a long time is finally getting to him, I almost wanted to cry when he raced back and announced he would win against time, I was like NO! Don't turn to the dark-side like Anakin Skywalker, lol!

This was good, it makes you wonder, is it an inevitable thing for the Doctor? Will he always eventually become the Valeyard? Can a good guy only be good for so long before it gets to him and he makes a mistake? Very ponderous questions.. sorry I'm in a weird mood. :)

Anyway, great little snippit here, you would be uber wonderful if you expanded this into a larger fic, that would be super cool. :)

Cheers from Seattle WA.

Chibi
MythStar Black Dragon chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
ok so hot and see it in his eyes when he spoke

maria
Mr DCWood chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Deep,psychological and haunting insight into the Doctor's mind, mate. The Waters of Mars was SUCH a good episode and the change in the Doctor's character was very dark and frightening.

This reflected all that perfectly. Loved the references to Rose, Donna, Jenny and all his enemies and the Time War. Cracking stuff overall with nice pacing and good use of vocab.

BTW...Looking forward to Cybermen vs Terminator.
themidnightfiles chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
Oh, this gave me chills. Everything the Doctor could be and must not...even the tone of this seems to echo from the dark depths of that unclaimed identity. Love it!
antemac chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
*applauds*

Cuz really, how can you watch Waters of Mars and NOT think of the Valeyard?
orrien chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
Amazing. The voice of this was stunning, perfect.

This helped me understand what might be following TWoM.

Thank you. Please keep writing. 3
Whas'up chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
That was incredibly awesome.

Is it bad that I DO want the Doctor to go dark and save Donna from ignorance, destroying the timelines in his wake?
MakeLoveNotSense chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
YES! This is *exactly* what I was thinking. Well, that and 'oh, God, what do we do now?'. Brilliant as always, and perfectly capturing that sadistic little voice in the Doctor's head. I have a feeling those final few TWoM moments will spawn a lot of fics, but this is a worthy addition to the collection.