Reviews for Life Beyond the Code
Great story! Please continue!
Alex chapter 44 . 9/26/2016
Please update soon
SnowflakesandMozart chapter 5 . 8/6/2016
So I got it wrong in my review of "Behind Closed Doors"; this is the fic you're still working on. It's good so far: an intriguing premise and you're hitting some of the issues that mucked up their relationship in canon, such as Anakin's fear for his mother's safety, the after effects of slavery, and the way their different backgrounds caused them not to connect in some important ways. I'm glad Qui-Gon survived, too. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this story, and I hope you really will be able to finish it sometime.
Axcel chapter 14 . 7/13/2016
Well, Obi-Wan, the post-Exar Kun war Code is self-defeating, moronic, and was followed ever since by a dramatic increase in Jedi turning Dark. Something that was nearly unheard of before the idiot masters changed the Code after the war against Exar Kun. Which means you should take this opportunity and throw it out. The Code (post Great Schism) was the same as the post-Exar Kun Code but instead of saying "There is no" it said "yet". For example, "Passion, yet Peace".
Axcel chapter 10 . 7/7/2016
Anyone else notice that ever time Obi-Wan has left the Order it has always been for a cause that any true Jedi would be proud of? Like the time in the books he left it to help the Young faction bring peace to their world (he succeeded, too. Rather quickly). The Jedi Order abandoned the planet. Obi-Wan did not and, like a true Knight in Shining Armor, he brought peace and a happily ever after to that planet. The Jedi Order had the gall to be suspicious of him and act like he should be ashamed of himself for disobeying the Council.

Dooku was right, by the time the Clone Wars came around, the Jedi were corrupt. Not in a greedy or malign way. They were corrupt in the same way Dumbledore was. The "Greater Good".
Axcel chapter 6 . 7/7/2016
There is also the fact that a saber turned to its lowest setting for training can't kill or seriously injure anyway. Even if Obi-Wan tried to.
Kratzerex chapter 44 . 7/5/2016
Hi, I don't know if you still read these here, but if you do, I want you to know that this fic is awesome. I am from Germany and am not a native english speaker, but your story really improves my vocabulary, more than any vocab test my english teacher could have given me. :D
As I said, I love this story and I'd love it to be finished if this is possible for you. I read it during these last 3 days and I really want to know how and if Obi-Wan is going to make it against Palpatine, with his life etc.
If you read this: Thank you for this story, even if it's not finished, it really captured me with its complexity and... yeah, everything about it. :) (sorry if there are mistakes)
ShadowVamp2012 chapter 44 . 3/2/2016
this is a good story I wish you would finish it I can't wait to see what happens next
Hero Of The Hazard chapter 4 . 2/10/2016
If that's Qui Gon and he's comatose, telling Obi Wan now really wouldn't help.
Waiting until he wakes up or when you are more sure he won't die is a good idea.
(Because having false hopes and having him die will hurt worse than already accepting that he's dead at this point in time for Obi Wan and Anakin)
Nice to see that Anakin gets to see his mom more.
harrylee94 chapter 8 . 10/16/2015
Ha! Lol. Nice Down With Love reference.
guest chapter 44 . 1/11/2015
So to be honest, I wouldn't have bothered to read this if I had checked to see how long ago it had been updated as its not completed. In saying that I've read all there is to read and wish mightily there was more. Will there be? Nothing more annoying than finding a decent length fic only for it to be unfinished.
Crow T. Author chapter 44 . 12/15/2014
Ack! I just finished this story and it's not complete! I MUST know what happens. Please update some day. I see that you intend to finish this story and one other. I'll go right now and check out your other stories. By the way, I love this one. I really can't get enough of Obi-Wan stories. If you know other authors who have penned his tales, please let me know!
CarryOnMyWaywardChild chapter 16 . 7/24/2013
Thank goodness it wasn't going to be a "but he's not here-he's where I just left" moment. That would drive me crazy, I'm sure.
skyguy.snipsx chapter 5 . 5/26/2013
Hmmmmm.
skyguy.snipsx chapter 4 . 5/26/2013
Don't tell me that's Qui-Gon...