Reviews for Lewd Vagrancy
scubagurl22 chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
I can see ten year old Brandi thinking that's funny but the idea of being sold to someone would absolutly freak a normal person out. Probably give someone a lot of empathy for people in bad conditions too, if they were able to build a life past the trauma. Good one-shot.
kyoiku kanji chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Well done, as always. A very in character scene complete with laughter tears... and the image of Mary stripping mental gears. (Man I loved that one)

Kudos!
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Oh poor, poor Marshall! Those visions... tag-teamed by the Shannon sisters without one of them even knowing it!

And then... poor Mary. It only takes *one* Marshal(l} to knock *her* senseless! Dang, Brandi - see what you started?

Damn... Mark was an ass of epic proportions. I'm surprised she didn't put a hit out on him.

The excavation of boulders of history? Excellent visual.
ScarletCourt chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
This is a great piece on Mary's past. Completely believable. Certainly would go a long way to explain her marriage at 16 and how it got annulled a month later. :) Though January/February (as Mary's marriage to Mark was mentioned in James's second letter on January 29, 1988) would have been a tad chilly to be only in a towel no matter where she was in the US unless it was south Florida. :)

As it happens, she was arrested for Lewd Vagrancy on August 12, 1995 (according to O'Connor's file). If everything else from the first season was true (her father leaving two days before her seventh birthday and him writing his first letter to her on February 5, 1978), then she would have been 24 when it happened. However, O'Connor's file on Brandi says that she did her first offence on May 6, 1993 and according to O'Connor, she was 13. If this was true, then Brandi and Mary don't share the same father, because even if she was 14 on May 7, 1993, and the earliest Brandi could have been conceived was July 1978, a full five and half months after James Shannon walked out of their lives and in his first letter, James Shannon mentions Mary's precious baby sister, so she was already born by Feb 1978. Also, Mary mentions that she has never been arrested, though according to O'Connor's file, there was this charge for Lewd Vagrancy in 1995, and the charges for Disorderly Conduct in March 2000 and May 2001 (all discharged by the state attorney).

Sorry to be such a nit picker of dates. It's an excellent story and read, if we just ignored them all. :)
Silver War chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
God, I love your IPS stories! This is no exception... awesome work.
Apodrru chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Since I am still logged in ;) This was lovely - sweet and poignant.
RomanCandles chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
Great job.
sagey chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
love how marshall can see to the truth of things pertaining to mary..

can we put an order in for our very own marshall mann...lol

hugs
BrittanyLS chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
You managed to portray that wonderful quality that Marshall has to say the most beautiful things to Mary!
TheFisherKitty chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
This story is awesome, and awesomely well-written. It has made my morning. I particularly love Marshall's reactions to Mary; they're incredibly spot-on, with lots of snuggly little "aww!" moments. Brandi's presence goes a long way toward lightening up a rather dark memory. As always, I'm looking forward to more stories from you! )
Kay8abc chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
Very funny, but still depressing. I like it.

-Kate
roar526 chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
sfchemist stole my review! ;)

I was also going to say how many throw away lines there have been, especially in S2, that we will probably never get follow ups too. I guess that's why we write fanfic.

You wrote the characters well and I love that Marshall is so protective and will never see her or let her see herself as anything less than the person he sees her as.
sfchemist chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
I've had this story open in my browser, intending to review it, for what feels like ages. So here goes...

Excellent.

I love stories that are born out of a throwaway line or small detail on the show. There's another excellent story by Jinxed-Wood called Word Play that's based on a line in High Priced Spread that's well worth a read if you haven't read it.

Anyway, this was completely in character and a very plausible back story for Mary's rap sheet. You know there were two charges of disorderly conduct, too, right? Just thought I'd mention that in passing, there's no pressure to explain those at all...
kathiann chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
I read this over on the M/M LJ, and loved it, but I don't really comment there, so I'll do it here. Like I said, I loved it. I thought it was kind of funny, and the way Marshall reacted, he was sweet and protective of her, even though it happened so long ago. Thanks for writing.
Freaya chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
One $8 whore coming right up. Or a review at least since I am cheaper then $8, my price is just a new chapter to something.

Anyway. I love the part where Marshall falls for Brandi's lingerie comment albeit just for a moment. Mary however completely falls for Marshalls leather retort which is hilarious.

The support in the last section is very sweet too.