Reviews for Bastion
Legendary Biologist chapter 1 . 10/27/2016
This. Is. Fantastic. :D

Seriously, although Juggernaut is the last boss and causes a lot of mess in the world of Legaia, this fic just makes him very, very sympathetic as a villain. He's not simply a mutating monster who threatens to engulf the whole world in his entrails; instead, he's just doing what he has to do.

I adore how you depict the friendship between Juggernaut and Cort. Juggernaut's loyalty is amazing. Although he's such a monstrosity, all he thinks is Cort, his best friend. Even if he has to assimilate his body with the whole Earth, so be it. He does this all to keep the frail and dying Cort alive. Love that you still include how he doesn't really care about Songi's plans; it just makes Juggernaut more of a sympathetic anti-villain rather than a big bad last boss in the game.

Juggernaut's regret of being not good enough to protect Cort in the past is beautiful. It makes him even more sympathetic.

And oboy, the last paragraph! It. Is. Beautiful. At that point, 'love' is a powerful word. Juggernaut's love and loyalty to his partner Cort are simply amazing, and it's amazing how a monstrosity like him can still love somebody so much to the point he dedicates his life to protect said person.

As for the style, it's outstanding. I can't help but remember a lot about the game again as I read the descriptions. [the porous castle of flesh] perfectly describes that creepy last dungeon in the game. And then, I just love how you still include Juggernaut's thoughts of Cort's fading humanity. Though I'd suggest changing [act more the beast than] to something like [more beastly than], just to make it more simple.

Fav'd for sure. You really add so many layers to Juggernaut's character. :)

PS. Since Legaia fandom is pretty dead, I thought you'd be interested in joining this forum. The forum is called "The Plight of the Little-Known Fandom", a support group for authors for small/dead fandoms. Here's the link:

www . fanfiction forum / The-Plight-of-the-Little-Known-Fandom / 178363 /

Just edit out the spaces. I'd love to see you there!
Milkandchocolate chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
Nice to read this fanfiction I like the way you write. I don't know this game but I guess It's a nice game. To write something like this is awesome.
AlphaOmegaPsi chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
I love how this lends Juggernaut's view of events. The problem with the game, amazing as it may be, is that it generalizes everything as black and white. You are the good guys and everyone you're fighting is bad. But this really throws into perspective what might have gone on on the other side. Juggernaut did what he had to do, and though they had to stop him it makes him seem not quite so evil.