Reviews for Mosaic of an Assassin
r3nlock chapter 28 . 7/23/2013
i really like this. i love fics where henri ducard wants bruce to succeed him-telling the story through talia's eyes is a nice touch. i'm crossing my fingers for more.
fakescorpion chapter 23 . 4/26/2012
I love your short stories about Talia, and her relationships between her father and her thoughts about Bruce. Everyone is very in character, and that’s more than I can say for a lot of other fanfic writers. It’s a little sad that you didn't update it in quite a while though, because I would just love to see the many blanks between scenes filled.

I leave my review for this specific chapter because there's a little something I find interesting: "Bruce mourned but felt justified." It made me wonder if you know of a particular scene (if memory served me right) in the novelization of Batman Begins.

Bruce actually built a sepulture for Henri Ducard in his family cemetery beside his parents after the event. They didn't found the body, so Bruce buried his shinobi shōzoku in there because it's stained with a little of Ducard's blood from when Bruce carried him after blowing up the monastery. The most touching part was when Alfred asked whether he mourned for Ducard as he did his own birth parents, Bruce said he did.

I always felt a little sad that scene wasn't in the actual movie. So if you ever decided to continue these short stories, could you let Talia pay a visit to that grave? Anyway, the story is amazing. And I hope dearly that you would continue.
fly2venus4tea chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
It seems that Talia will make an bigger appearance in the impending sequel to the TDK coming next year. So this drabble collection is exactly what I was looking for. Very well written. I like the discontinuous narration that gives us glimpses into Talia's life, upbringing, her relationship to her father and finally to Bruce Wayne. I love how you combined Talia into the Nolan-Verse...any chance for an update?
SAm I ams chapter 27 . 1/13/2010
When will she realize that murderis the 1 thing that seperates us from criminals the thieves of lives? when will she realize it makes the murdurer into one of them. though she was raised on the belief that murder is ok...
alice chess chapter 27 . 1/13/2010
Yikes, what an adult subject. But this really helps show the morality behind the League of Shadows: they may seem to be good because they destroy bad people, but in reality they are just as bad as those they hunt. Great job with that.

And even at a little age, although capable of killing, Talia is so naive. You do awesome with her character!

Is "Damien" intentionally calling up the name of Damian Wayne? That's sorta interesting, if so. _

alice chess chapter 26 . 1/13/2010
You mean Talia didn't know that Bruce was Batman? Boy, is she in for a surprise... can't wait.

Man, you're like a machine, churning these things out. XD

The Illegible chapter 24 . 1/10/2010
Absolutely loved this chapter! :-D Making Talia afraid of the train made her feel even more human to me-makes sense too, given how her father died. I also really liked that a random business man in Gotham had manners/was kind enough to offer Talia his seat. For all the city's trouble and corruption, there are still nice people around.

I'm a little surprised Talia just sat around doing nothing for two hours at the station afterward, and not sure what she was doing, but I liked the twist ending with Brucey-boy. Batman in all incarnations seems to have some difficulty seeing his rogues as people, so him seeing and acknowledging Talia's...vulnerability? It was really nice. :-)
alice chess chapter 24 . 1/10/2010
Wow. Again, great characterization. But man, was that ending a twist, totally unexpected. Love it as always!
alice chess chapter 23 . 1/9/2010
Ooh, talk about no-win scenarios. Poor Bruce, and poor Talia.

Your characterizations? Amazing as always.

I especially love how you've translated Talia into Nolanverse. She has the same loyalty to her father, the same sort of drastic duty about her, and yet seems to fit in so well. Wonderful.

I just keep loving these stories. They're great!

The Illegible chapter 22 . 1/2/2010
I have been horrifically lazy about reviewing lately, so terribly sorry about that! These past few chapters have been excellent-your portrayal of Bruce was quite effective, very edgy and in character. I loved your chapter on Ahmet, and thought the idea of a benevolent but ineffectual leader as Talia's target was really interesting. Using the hairpins from 'Coming of Age' in 'The Traitor', especially with the background in 'A Kind of Mercy' culminated extremely well. I'm excited to see how Talia fits in with the overarching rogue conflicts Bruce has to deal with, and how their romance evolves. :-)
alice chess chapter 18 . 12/25/2009
Ooh, mistletoe... naughty, naughty, Brucie. And poor Talia is feeling it.

Love it as always. ;)

The Illegible chapter 17 . 12/19/2009
For this chapter, it was interesting (and not altogether surprising-in a good, makes sense in universe way rather than predictable cliché way) that the position of Ra's Al Ghul has passed on through murder before. It makes sense...and Talia's decision to marry Bruce makes even more sense with that precedent with her mother.

"Either the woman was stronger than Talia had ever imagined, or she was stupider than her daughter had ever thought."

Makes a ton of sense, and makes Liann's character something of an enigma-very cool!

I'm also curious how Bruce'll react to being confronted with the fact that he broke his "no killing" pact. While none of it was done by his hand directly (and he could hardly save everyone from the exploding league), he was sort-of-kind-of responsible. In Ra's case it's almost like he couldn't take the moral pressure of actually running the man through or something, so now he can slide the responsibility onto the train.
The Illegible chapter 16 . 12/19/2009
Sorry for the late review! I think you did an excellent job with Bruce here-liked the parallels between his meeting Talia and discovering Herni was Ra's (or Ra's was Henri...identities, identities), and I absolutely ADORED the conversational subtext you let fly between the two. Still doing fantastic. :-)
jules14 chapter 16 . 12/12/2009
Ha, ha, she finally meets Bruce! I'm anxious to find out what happens next, not to mention seeing the sparks flying between the two.
alice chess chapter 16 . 12/12/2009
YES! The moment I've been waiting for! And not only did you not disappoint, you wrote it better than I'd imagined!

Loved Talia's thoughts on Bruce, and how he responded to her. You really have a talent for characterization. :)