Reviews for Civil Dispute
Spidershadow5 chapter 20 . 1/30
Okay, let's go over the aspects of this story.
First, the central conflict over registration feels really incomplete. Sonic's team has a reason for what they do, but there's really no explanation as to why Mario chooses to be on government payroll. You need to introduce the setting. All we're given is knowledge that a bunch of random supervillains are a problem, but we're not really told why.
One of the biggest problems is something I see a lot in your stories: Sonic is overpowered. Look, in reality, that kind of speed would be extremely powerful, but it's boring to read. The biggest offense is when Sonic defeats Samus in the super armor, after she held off four or five other Smashers. Really? Samus has far more training and experience, in addition to all the weapons in the upgraded power suit. Sonic should not be able to defeat anyone like that. I like Sonic, but you don't address his flaws. He's cocky, arrogant, and I think his top speed is only as fast as sound, not like Flash fast.
Another thing: You copied a lot of lines from Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. It's not an homage, or a reference. You straight up cut and pasted the situations and the quotes from the game. Especially with the Dyn Tablet, which comes out of nowhere, and is never explained.
It's not all bad. Ness and Lucas both had interesting sub plots, with Ness starting to transition into adulthood, in a way, and Lucas developing more power than he ever expected. However, these aren't enough to redeem the story.
I hate leaving negative reviews, I really do. I feel like you had good ideas, they just didn't pan out.
Guest chapter 20 . 6/15/2015
Wow best story I've read in a while nice job sir :-D
helixConundrum chapter 18 . 5/16/2015
Oh no, dont tell me Eggman did what Porky did to Claus
helixConundrum chapter 17 . 5/16/2015
Oh shit! Shits about to go down!
helixConundrum chapter 14 . 5/14/2015
Oh no... Lucas, take off the headband please. Lucas, no, Lucas dont say that, blame the Mayer. LUCAS. CALM DAFUQ DOWN BRO
helixConundrum chapter 13 . 5/14/2015
Guest chapter 3 . 5/7/2015
Mario from Brooklyn so no acent
epicgreymon chapter 20 . 3/6/2015
You Had to do a spiderman finalle didn't you
Gannondorf chapter 8 . 2/8/2015
A reference to "judge dredd?"
Urufu O'Doneru chapter 11 . 10/16/2014
Why is ganon not in the resistance? nd also, s this based on the Marvel Civil war?
GeekyGamer chapter 12 . 8/16/2014
OMGOSH! MARIO Y U SO DUMB?! That goes to all of you!
Link: What?! We're doing what we think is right!
This is amazing.
Guest chapter 11 . 2/11/2014
Great story, poor grammar.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Is this story currently going under a rewrite? If so, I shall reread this once you're finished
Purestrongpoem chapter 20 . 9/15/2013
Great story.
Guest chapter 18 . 8/10/2013
This is why kids, that most people do not support dictators, I.e., fascist and communist governments.