Reviews for Comfort
justanotherdreamgirl chapter 1 . 5/3
That just made me want to go and hug Edward! But I think I have a theory why Ed has this fear. When they both went through the gate, their souls could have got a little mixed together. That was a theory in brotherhood, so maybe. Also, don't just the cats!
Mysterious Prophetess chapter 1 . 2/20
Or they try to trick younger siblings into saying swear words.
EG My big brother tried to convince me "Fluck" was a bad word but take the "L" out and it was ok.
TheHaloFreak chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
As a person who shares Ed's phobia of needles this story was rather traumatic to read. That and it was waaaaay to close to encounters I've actually had with needles. Gah! Ed's reaction was spot on. Run away! Freak out! Then be exhausted for ever. Not to mention the uncontrollable crying. Sheesh I've worked myself into quite the state.
Now that I'm thoroughly traumatized I'm going to go shake in a corner for a bit. Don't blame yourself, in fact take this as a compliment! I knew what I was getting myself into...
loved this, despite everything ;)
Sifufirelord chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
I love this, I can barely stop myself from grinning like a fool! Thanks for sharing! XX
Lilac Gemani chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
You didn't make Ed say "I'll turn you all into fish". That is a crime.
Jaricchi chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
Wow. That's quite a possible theory...thank you for sharing! :D
Infinit-Blue chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
Cute! I really enjoyed it, especially your writing-style and the story! Awsome, I wish I could find more fma-fics with similar storys!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
My big brother Drew's the worst when it comes to mental torture ( like Al, his teasing involved kitties)
I love my brother,
And this was the cutest thing ever :)
CressidaRene chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Awww, poor Edward! What a fantasic story, although the details about phobias and spinal taps were so detailed, I hope that doesn't mean you've had to go through one yourself? I've never considered myself as having a phobia over needles, although I hate getting shots as much as anyone else. But once when my Mother was in the hospital for something related to her asthma, I was with her when the doctor had to draw blood from a deep artery or something, that required him to insert a very large needle right into her wrist, between the radius and the ulna. I was holding her hand one minute, and being scooped up off the ground by some orderlies the next. So embarrassing-never pass out in a hospital, they'll try to keep you in there, even if you weren't a patient to begin with!

Anyway, I loved your story, especially the way you preserved and expanded upon Ed and Al's wonderfully touching and funny brotherly relationship. You left me still wanting more by the end. The doctor, Al, or even bring in Mustang, but someone should've made Ed at least stay the night in the hospital to recover from his ordeal, as well as his original infection.

My theory as to why fans like stories about hurt/sick/suffering/tormented Ed is, if they're female, we're responding to a strong natural need to nurture and protect those smaller than us and/or in desperate need of loving care. Ed is the poster child for all of that, and yet he's unbelievably brave, resourceful, and tough at the same time. So most female fans admire Ed, and simultaneously, want to save him from all the horrible crap he's been put through since losing their parents. Now as for male fans, I can't say for sure, but most guys are rather sadistic-they like blood and gore, so maybe it gives them a thrill a la' Barry the Chopper, they like to laugh at his pain/problems, I don't know. Does anyone know why a guy likes Ed-gets-hurt stories, besides my rudimentary theory?
Yuu3 chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Yes, the kitten interrogations. Go for it. Firgurally speaking of course.
Kita Me chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
Awww Ed. Hugs! (And I'm glad no kittens were hurt in the making of this story or RAWRRR!)
Hehe. Joudan da! :D
EchoRose480 chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Oh...tears. :')
merlyn1382 chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
what do you mean by just older brothers i know for a fact that older sisters enjoy torturing there younger sibling just has much it pays to be the older sibling sometimes
VampireFrootloopsRule chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
I'm an older sister, and I know this pastime well. Haha. Great fic! An I think I know why we love it so much. Personally, I get this sense of... I don't know, humanity, sorta from the characters here they are, saving the world, and they can succumb to the same phobia I have. Thats my thoughts anyway. Loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/30/2012