Reviews for the centre cannot hold
Amilyn chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Well done. Ziva's despair and hopelessness here...and her hoping for a reprieve for however long despite that...come through very strongly here. Excellent language use.
Ziva-Tali-David chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
I like this. Very well written, and though we know who it is the lack of names really works
Broken Ghost chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
I love the poignancy and also the darkness of this. It's breathtakingly amazing, please write more of anything like this.
ImaginePeace chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Lucky for me, I happen to love a good angsty story. This was such a powerful and truly moving piece of work, it shows both the strength and weakness that you don't often see in such a strong person like Ziva.

Honestly, I don't think your writing has any room for improvement, it's practically flawless xD I read your story and then read one of my stories and almost scrapped mine. I am truly in envy.
Keep up the good work ;)

- ImaginePeace
USAFChief chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Luckily I happened on this today. I shall finally add you to my author alerts so that I don't miss any more as they come from your soul. Poignant. Heartfelt. Dark. Full of hope. Yes, I find hope in this piece of yours. She will not knowingly give them information because she hopes for an end. How or where that end will come she knows not, but there is that hope.

Very well done. Thank you for sharing it with us.

My best to you, tigerlily.

macadoodle3 chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
oh. my. god. ive been sitting here just searching for the right words to express how i feel about this. the only word that really comes to mind: powerful. i wont say that this one shot was awesome, or cute, or that i loved it, like i usually do in the reviews i leave. what i will say is that once i started, i had no choice but to finish. it grabbed me from the very first sentence, and from there it just became more and more eloquent and moving. i especially liked the pheonix metaphor (it that the right word?).

i was confused at one point though; the guy. did he feel bad about torturing her? "...his fingers closing around her wrist in his surprise. Pain flares, she gasps, and he steps back as if he's been burned." is that why he let go of her?

what you said at the begining: "There's very little beauty in the fictional world or any other I might inhabit at the moment." Well, i dont agree with you. there are different kinds of beauty. Somehow you managed to turn something that should have been very very ugly, into something beautiful in its raw ,umm, realism. thank you.
genevra chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
As always, I am amazed by you. I cant really say much else because I don't know what else to say but you're writing never ceases to amaze me.
Mooncombo chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Very dark. Your writing is excellent and the style and descriptiveness is really, really good.
Alize chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
I am awed by the way you write... by the incredibly delicate yet powerful efect each perfectly chiseled word brings to the overall feeling of a harsh, intricate and painfully real experience. I know you don't want to be pestered with "upload more, quicker, longer"s but let me assure you it is a privilege to read anything you write, however erratic or depressing you may think it is. There is beauty in sadness,strength to be found in hardship and the melancholy this story has lighted in me is soft and exquisite.

I hope your difficulties are only temporary and please know that you have a French friend wishing you well half-way accross the globe. Thank you for sharing your talent.
Adiver chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
brilliant... Please keep updating, please!
Mac chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Awesome, intense and the way that you write it just WOW I cannot explain it. That was poetic and heart wrenching, and you are right I will not say 'more please' but you do have a way with words that makes me want more I will look for more of your writing.
sbz chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
I was so very tempted to read this last night when the alert arrived. But it was 3 am and at *least* an hour and a half past the time I definitely should have been in bed. So I had to wait.

But it was definitely worth it. Happy fluffy roses and rainbows it may not be, but I've always had an... affinity... for angst and gritty realism in writing over the saccahrine, rose-tinted glasses view. Especially with this subject matter when the everything's great stance would just cheapen the entire thing (which is, as you know, why I'm pulling out the pitchforks over season 7 so far - sweeping it under the rug does *such* a disservice to the character and indeed the whole issue).

Oh, and having just finished a research paper for a class, I can add further clarity to why I tend to dislike present tense. For me, present tenseacademic work.

Anyway, great piece of writing.
Gianne chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
Wow. It's like poetry, the way you write. I especially like - wait, I can't find the right word in English - how you express a feeling by comparing it to something that literally has nothing to do with it (I hope you know what I mean). And the atmosphere really caught me, that was really pretty. Thank you for writing this :)
wildpeace chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
You know how I feel about this, so I won't write it all again here. I just know how much any review - even the ding in the email showing you have a review - can make things seem a tad brighter. So I wanted to give you a ding. It *is* beautiful writing, even as it's dark and angry and REAL.

On top of the line I said before, I also really feel this: 'She sometimes doubts that anything worth saving will remain once the flames die and the smoke clears'.

beachchick4 chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
omg! this is so good! you're an amazing writer! i luv this story!