Reviews for The Siege of Godwinson's Hope
Bobohatta chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Hey I love this, very emotionally written. Alpha Centauri is still my favorite of the civilization series even after all these years.

But geez, did it took you that long to beat the true believers, at what difficulty were you playing? I find them to be really tough if you end up having the same starting position but really easy once you have built up you tech tree. You seem to use a lot of airpower against bases? I ussually use tons of artillery, cheap rovers with no armor and tanks and needlejets to cover my advance to bases and shell the hell out of them before storming them with infantry.
Llandaryn chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
Great little story, I'm ashamed I haven't come across this sooner. You've summed up succinctly and evocatively almost an entire war, and kept my interest throughout. *University high-five*

(On another note, I also find the AI annoying at times. The other faction leaders are often completely random in their decisions to declare war).
Ultimagu chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
You have an interesting story. I like how you took your own experience and applied to the fictional writing arena. Your writing could use a bit of a tune-up to be understood a little more and there are tools that you can use to help distinguish between alternate parts in the same story.

I always enjoy the sky fortress stories. You'd think with all the anti-gravity arsenal you eventually end up building in the 'glorious scientific future' age, there are no flying fortresses!

Anyway, it's always nice to see someone else posting in the Alpha Centauri section. Have a good day!
ruff1298 chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Fairly interesting rendition of a siege in game. This type of writing I have yet to encounter, and I must say, it fits quite well with the theme of Alpha Centauri and the brutality that comes along with that of it's unfortunate wars.

Personally, I use human rushes to crush my opponents. Many shall perish in the strike, but it is all for the greater good, and the Lord shall watch over the men and women who fell for the better of His Name.