Reviews for Run Darling
weaponofmasscreationn chapter 8 . 5/5/2013
A bit gruesome, but a good story
Sylva Dax chapter 8 . 4/1/2012
Mere words cannot describe how utterly disturbed I am to have read this story at such a late date. I want something I know I can't have: I want more!
rosexknight chapter 8 . 8/17/2010
Omg bestest story ever! Are you gonna update? You gotta write more! Please? D
Spamela chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
I've only read the first chapter, and already I'm blown away. What are words can I come up with? Emotional. Lyrical. Deeply felt. Literate. Controlled. Enthralling.

In other words, I'm hooked.

Bravo!
Miggs chapter 7 . 4/10/2010
Huh? What? No!

Time Agents are a definite no-no around those parts, I take it?
Princess Pinky chapter 5 . 1/4/2010
To quote The Doctor: You are bloody brilliant!

And it's Asgard! You can't see me, but I'm clapping like a ridiculously hyper child right now. I'm so glad you included an Asgard chapter, just about two chapters back I was wondering how you would do Asgard and/or the crash of the Byzantium. And I think the fact that you included all the lines from "Forest of the Dead" just made this all the more rich and delicious.

The idea of it being a realm of the Gods was fantastic, it made it so much more mystical and exciting, IMHO. But then you had to have her vanish, screaming no less! And then the interaction between The Doctor and Sigurd was hilarious. I am, however, still wondering why he was unable to understand Sigurd's language and why the universal translator failed. And why River was so friendly with the giants. On the upside though, her telling him he needed to apologize because they had been offended was hilarious. And I know I've said this about a million times, but so in character. How on Earth do you get into their minds so well? You have a gift, my friend. Oh, and speaking of gifts, thank you for this amazing gift of a story. And chapter. The ending had me in stitches. Impossible! Obnoxious! Arrohgant! Insufferable! Childish! And then River got in the last line and totally pwned him. Sweet.

Please update SOON! I'll be going stir crazy in the meantime, just so you know. ;)
Princess Pinky chapter 4 . 1/4/2010
I hang my head in shame. I wish I could write River and The Doctor as well as you. This is just so-so-so utterly FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! Sorry for all the capslock, but, er, well, I'm jumping up and down in my seat. It's that good!

It's amazing how you took the single "Spoilers!" theme from that single two-parter and turned it into THIS! Genius. Utter genius. I don't know what else to say. It makes the whole

Spoilers" bit so much more entertaining, it gives it so much more depth and meaning as opposed to just a plot device for a library themed episode. And it totally works for The Time Traveler's Wife feel of this story.

How they went back and forth with that word just cracked me up. The Doctor deserved it. But in a way, so did River. Mwah! I love these two! And her being angry at him for what Future Him did was beyond hysterical. And the end: Do you have a teleporter? Do you have a chainsaw? I was just about doubled over at 3:00 A.M. Probably waking up the neighbors will all my racket. This story is just too good.
Princess Pinky chapter 3 . 1/4/2010
Ooh, her at Uni, that's a great idea! I love the contrast, how she's the young one now and he's the "old" one. Oh, and this little exchange:

“But here I am nonetheless, ingenious Time Lord at your service.”

“Ingenious, ha – you’ve always been a little self-possessed, haven’t you,”

Ingenious, indeed! I love the continuity with the previous chapter, but the change of the word. And the self-possessed bit, too true! And I can just hear it coming out of Alex Kingston's mouth.

Also, while I was reading this, I wanted to mention how I like that you have bits and pieces of what would normally be a full episode broken up, so we as the audience don't know how all the blanks are filled in. It works really well as a way to put us in The Doctor's and River's shoes, with there being so many gaps in the relationship. Neither of them knows what's going on or what has happened either. It's quite brilliant, I must admit.

Oh, and this chaopter focusing on the running aspect of the relationship (and DW in general), I really enjoyed that. It brought back great flashbacks of the two-parter where he took her hand and they began running. That hand holding scene, such a heart melter!

“I waved back at her, unable to contain a smile myself. I was mystified, completely and utterly mystified. But my mood was soaring high, elevated by the mere presence of someone I barely knew.” - That was exactly how I felt just reading this story. You write these two characters and their epic romance perfectly. I can only HOPE that when we see Steven Moffatt's writing for Series 5 that he does River and The Doctor as much justice as you have. (Though that'll be hard without David Tennant. *tear*)
Princess Pinky chapter 2 . 1/4/2010
I love that you start each new chapter with a quote from her diary and then you proceed to tell the chapter from The Doctor's point of view. It works very much like "Silence in the Library" did. (And the SitL/FotD two parter are two of my top three all time favorite episodes.)

I just about died laughing when I read this last night. (My computer's an ass though and gets uppity about reviews, so I'm reviewing today from a different computer.) Anywho, I loved that you put in The Doctor's well placed "What's" in here. Those always crack me up. And better still, I get to picture David/Ten in my head, instead of Matt/Eleven. And River, going off on him like that, I was not expecting it at all! But, it completely fits somehow. Go figure The Doctor would get her into trouble like that.

Oh, and by the way, did I mention how I love that you're doing their relationship out of synch? It makes so much sense now, after rewatching "Silence in the Library" and "Forest of the Dead" for the fourth time.

And then he STILL manages to get her to go to Thalicotaxeau. Ugh, he WOULD do that. Darn that Doctor. Oh, and, “Nice to meet you, River Song. Brilliant Time Lord at your disposal,” LOL! That just made my heart sweell. So, so, so, SO much better than The Doctor and Rose.

And I really enjoy how you've incorporated her shove into this. It's like her version of the sonic screwdriver. I bet it'll come in handy at a later date. Although I have to wonder what happens to it, since she didn't have it with her in "Silence in the Library." I'm sure it'll go down in a blaze of glory, though.
Princess Pinky chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Um, can I first just say that I'm sending you intense cyber hugs?

Oh my Goddess, this is amazing! I'm a HUGE Doctor/River shipper (I don't like Rose at all) and this story is just, aw, it sings to my heart! You've captured The Doctor's inner turmoil SO WELL! And then throwing us off like that, with him finding River's notebook and then thinking he's seeing her everywhere yet it's a fakeout. (Though I have to wonder, how does her notebook look like the TARDIS if he got it in an old bookshop though? Maybe The Doctor's so legendary someone modeled it after the TARDIS. *shrugs*) Anyway, everything was so good right up until the end. And then, the flipping end! That last line, it's SO River Song! In one line, you captured her entire character. I bow to your utter genius!
Miggs chapter 5 . 1/2/2010
Aw, I love how you've captured Ten's 'voice' here. You should continue this. Its brilliantly written and sexy sweet, the way you have Ten and River interact with each other.
BananaBabe903 chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
I soaked each and every word of this story like it was refreshing water and I a dry sponge. I consumed this like I was a starving human being and this, a Big Mac in the one dollar section. This was complete, utter, brilliance. I especially like the title and the summary. I also like the use of River Song's sayings as you added it in, and the Doctor's thoughts were so much the Doctor.

I was getting a little tired of Rose/Ten sappy fics, though I do enjoy one every once in awhile, but this struck me as pure brilliance. It was a privilege to read such a story that had remarkable use of language and such a precise story line.

As the Doctor would say, "Molte bene". So wonderful.

BB903