Reviews for Where the Shadows Lie
Whyhow chapter 16 . 4/13
Why would Sauron kill Gandalf's body? He would just go to the Halls of Mandos and potentially heal and return. Ainur can't be completely destroyed, otherwise Morgoth would not have just been exiled to the Void.
Whyhow chapter 15 . 4/13
This isn't a huge problem, but I notice that you keep spelling Saruman as Saurman.
Whyhow chapter 10 . 4/13
This is an interesting idea, but it would be easier to read if you put some kind of mark when it switches between scenes.
guitarlover56784 chapter 28 . 10/1/2014
I googled many parts of your story. I googled for a few hours trying to find your story. It is awesome enough that I did all that just to find it. I went through many pages of lotr fanfiction pages trying to find yours. And find it I did. Thank you
jvankessel chapter 27 . 6/1/2014
An old story and certainly not a bad one. What keeps it from becoming a good story is your inability or unwillingness to properly spell given names: Saruman, not Saurman; Halbarad, not Halabard. It's annoying, detracting and in the end just plain sloppy. 5.5/10.
gginsc chapter 26 . 2/24/2014
Great story and a fairly happy ending. Sorry about Sam. He was a good Hobbit.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Kindly learn to spell "Aragorn" correctly.
Nearing Midnight chapter 28 . 12/2/2013
Beautiful story, and awesomely written!
Thunder Stag chapter 28 . 8/9/2013
I have to say, this is just as impressive as your Promises series, and it came before that masterpiece. Don't worry about the movie thing; I did the same thing, although it took me longer to read the Unfinished Tales and the Silmarilion.
kyjori chapter 28 . 7/12/2012
You should write a version where Gandalf goes black )
charley.vandra chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
From the reviews this looks like a promising story. Don't have time to read now, but I will alert the story so I don't lose this amazing story.
klester1987 chapter 28 . 1/25/2012
That fanfic was AWESOME!
sobjack chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
actually I HAVEN'T read it. just writing something so that I CAN SUBSCRIBE TO STORY :)
shine lots chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
It will be interesting to see how you resolve the conflict.
wingsofseyfert12 chapter 27 . 6/27/2011
Great story. This was a very well done AU that could have happened had Frodo wavered and was lulled by the words of Boromir. That said, I'm glad that Boromir himself got to stick around and carry out his rightful duty as Steward of Gondor.

I was actually hoping that Sauron would win and that you would take the chance to describe a ME under Sauron's rule. Even so, I am glad of the changes you made and they made sense. Radagast's fear of Gandalf after taking the One Ring (though had Radagast actually DONE something rather than dick around Rhosgobel speaking to buzzards this may have been prevented) was genuine and in character with the timid and somewhat cowardly brown wizard.

Everything about this story was well done, especially characterization and tension toward the end concerning Gandalf still made sure to make this story interesting even though Sauron was defeated.