Reviews for Where the Shadows Lie
Anon chapter 8 . 5/1
I like your execution of this idea, it's appropriately horrible. However, it'd be nice if you inserted an indication of a character point-of-view change, just for clarity for the reader.
Whyhow chapter 16 . 4/13
Why would Sauron kill Gandalf's body? He would just go to the Halls of Mandos and potentially heal and return. Ainur can't be completely destroyed, otherwise Morgoth would not have just been exiled to the Void.
Whyhow chapter 15 . 4/13
This isn't a huge problem, but I notice that you keep spelling Saruman as Saurman.
Whyhow chapter 10 . 4/13
This is an interesting idea, but it would be easier to read if you put some kind of mark when it switches between scenes.
guitarlover56784 chapter 28 . 10/1/2014
I googled many parts of your story. I googled for a few hours trying to find your story. It is awesome enough that I did all that just to find it. I went through many pages of lotr fanfiction pages trying to find yours. And find it I did. Thank you
jvankessel chapter 27 . 6/1/2014
An old story and certainly not a bad one. What keeps it from becoming a good story is your inability or unwillingness to properly spell given names: Saruman, not Saurman; Halbarad, not Halabard. It's annoying, detracting and in the end just plain sloppy. 5.5/10.
gginsc chapter 26 . 2/24/2014
Great story and a fairly happy ending. Sorry about Sam. He was a good Hobbit.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Kindly learn to spell "Aragorn" correctly.
Nearing Midnight chapter 28 . 12/2/2013
Beautiful story, and awesomely written!
Thunder Stag chapter 28 . 8/9/2013
I have to say, this is just as impressive as your Promises series, and it came before that masterpiece. Don't worry about the movie thing; I did the same thing, although it took me longer to read the Unfinished Tales and the Silmarilion.
kyjori chapter 28 . 7/12/2012
You should write a version where Gandalf goes black )
charley.vandra chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
From the reviews this looks like a promising story. Don't have time to read now, but I will alert the story so I don't lose this amazing story.
klester1987 chapter 28 . 1/25/2012
That fanfic was AWESOME!
sobjack chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
actually I HAVEN'T read it. just writing something so that I CAN SUBSCRIBE TO STORY :)
shine lots chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
It will be interesting to see how you resolve the conflict.