Reviews for By Any Other Name
FullOfHunger chapter 1 . 11/9/2012

(That's a positive response, by the way. I got rather invested in this 1.4k. :D)
Novindalf chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
I saw that interview and didn't like the idea, but this was very well done D

x Nia
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
Yeah ... before Matt was announced, Billie P was actually one of the bookmarker's favourite candidates to take the role, in the possible occurance that the Doctor might regenerate into a woman. She's completely shot it down, though - she's stated that she considers the Doctor to be a man, and therefore incapable of being a female because it would be like saying "let's make James Bond a woman".

Personally, I have mixed feelings on the idea of a female Doctor - I wouldn't endorse it, but if it DOES happen I'll keep watching the show. But the Doctor as Rose ... under these circumstances, this is just cruel. I actually realised what the plot was about in the title, but even I wasn't prepared for the chills of horror I'd feel on the last line. Poor Doctor - the universe can't leave him/her alone, can it? If it were me, I might waste another regeneration just to take on a form that's more comfortable to have.

You're right, this was a bit scary. Like I said, the last few paragraphs frightened me the most - I can see why you wrote it as a Halloween piece. And you did a good job with it, disturbing as it is.