Reviews for Remember Me As a Time of Day
Princess Persephone chapter 5 . 12/29/2009
his mind jumped to anger at the fact that his mother hadn’t woken him up the moment she’d returned. Chuck was his brother. Maybe not by blood, but certainly in every way that mattered.

YES! Completely agree. I LOVE how in 1.14 and 1.15 we get a glimpse of how close Eric and Chuck are: playing wii, riding in the limo together, wearing scarves (which means Chuck has probably taken young Van der Woodsen shopping), and Eric calls Chuck when Georgina spills his secret at the table. It just makes me so happy.

“Do you? You know…love her?” Eric asked curiously, expecting Chuck to immediately deny the question. Instead Chuck stayed silent, and a surprised Eric understood that this was Chuck’s way of saying “yes”.

This reminded me of when Dan asked Blair whether she loved Chuck in 2.08 and she just looked at him silently and he knew that she did. Ah, I love it. I can just see a heartbroken and slightly drunk Chuck spilling his secrets to Eric at the edge of the pool.

Honestly, with the amount of late night phone calls he received from each of them, he really didn’t know how they coped before he knew.

Lol. They totally would take advantage of Eric's guru-ness and wisdom. And I love these three characters-they should totally interact more on the show.

Blair and Chuck can barely stand being apart for fifteen days. And look what fifteen days has done to them.

AH! Yes! :( *sniffle* They are so epic. And so is this. :)

But now, seeing everything he’s seen, hearing everything he’s heard, he can’t help but want to transport them into a world where no one would blink twice at their union.

Aw! Eric is so protective! :)
calliope26 chapter 5 . 12/29/2009
Beautiful! I especially loved the ending paragraphs. This is all so intriguing, I can't wait for more.
Princess Persephone chapter 4 . 12/28/2009
Well, I wasn't expecting the shout out...but I won't complain! lol!

Love how oblivious Nate is, staring at the stage and not even noticing the eyes Blair and Chuck are making at each other-and PATTING BLAIR ON THE HEAD. Lol. That was too funny. And her response was perfect Blair Waldorf.

And no strip tease on stage? I can't wait to see what you have in store instead. :D
ronan03 chapter 4 . 12/28/2009
like your pov on forward to the next chapter.
lacquer chapter 4 . 12/28/2009
I just read all four chapters (well three chapters and a prologue) and I am hooked on this story! I love season 1 C/B, and you write them perfectly. I love the mood you've set up, and the attraction between C/B with neither of them really knowing why they feel the way they do. Love all the subtleties of their interactions, especially these lines:

“Where are we going for this night of birthday present fun?” Blair asked, spinning her body so her back was against the limo’s side, and her legs resting on top of Chuck’s.

Chuck was silent for a moment, letting his hands fall onto her sheer stockings, his thumb moving back and forth above her knee. Her heart was surely going to explode from beating this hard.

It's the little things like that, Chuck rubbing his thumb on her thigh, Blair draping her legs over Chuck's, that I love about season 1 C/B (especially pre-Victrola C/B). Everything is still very cautious and tentative but at the same time there is such a familiarity and you can tell that to them it feels right.

Anyway, looking forward to your next update and thanks for writing!
calliope26 chapter 4 . 12/28/2009
Your writing's beautiful - I loved this chapter. The dialogue is great, too. Looking forward to more.
Princess Persephone chapter 3 . 12/3/2009
(Only Chuck had the ability to make her get ready in either under two minutes, or over four hours. Their relationship was full of extremes.)

I could only read this and nod in agreement.

her own island of emotional unavailability

Beautiful.

Blair realized that pretending that he was ever only a distraction from her world was ludicrous. It was impossible.

He couldn’t distract her from her world if he was her world.

*sigh*

God, I cannot wait for the next chapter! The fact that Blair and Chuck seem to have some sort of secret/below the surface thing going on, the fact that Blair and Nate are together at the same time as Bart's death, the fact that I am DYING to know what happened at Victrola/how Blair and Chuck get started...AH! You must update! I am simply loving this. :) Your style, the way you write Blair, the image of her holding Chuck like that in the bathroom (when he's been doing something she's done countless times...). The darkness of the hotel room gave me shivers. :) Update soon!
JNYC chapter 2 . 11/19/2009
O continue! D
tversky chapter 2 . 11/19/2009
O. I'm very intrigued and can't wait to read more. I'm adding you to my story alert. So, are we to assume Chapter 1 is before the Chuck/Blair affair and both Blair and Nate come to the opening of Victorla? I'm sure it'll all make sense in time. :)

I like how you're delving into Blair's general sense of dissatisfaction with her life. It's good to get into her head and listen to her motivations. The prologue has me VERY curious. I'm not sure what's going on there except it sounds like Bart has died, Chuck is spiralling and Nate needs Blair's help for something or another. Anyway, bottom line: You've got me intrigued and that's a very good thing. lol.
Guardian Izz chapter 2 . 11/19/2009
though in character Blair would never cheat I still like the story so far!

And it is AU so I guess some OOC is understandeble!

hope you update soon!
SofieSofia chapter 2 . 11/18/2009
Loving this. The writing's great, and the characterizations spot-on. Can't wait to see what happens at Victrola...
calliope26 chapter 2 . 11/18/2009
Intriguing, and very well written. Looking forward to more.
setyourheartonfire chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
Definitely intrigued. :) Looking forward to reading more!
Princess Persephone chapter 2 . 11/18/2009
Scarcely even admitting to herself that she may be about a thousand times happier without him, the thought barely survived a few seconds before being stomped out by the memory of years of commitment and lo…and…expectation. No, love. Of course there was love.

Ah! I love your take on Blair. I feel like her perfectionist personality would (and did) deny any changes to her future plans, even when she knows deep down that change is coming and she even longs for it.

I can't wait to see what will happen at Victrola? How will Chuck and Blair get together? I'm loving it so far! And I loved the bit about how Blair takes being called a bitch as a compliment. :)