Reviews for Eight
beulah2013 chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Made me cry.
X-INACTIVE chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
That was...Excuse me I have to go continue to sob my eyes out...it was beautiful and tragic.

Thomas
dreamergirl090 chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
really fantastic... sad, but fantastic.
Exodiano chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Never read anything as bittersweet as this... really, I'm gloomy now... butthis is a really good work! Grats
xxBardApprenticexx chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Oh my god! This is so beautiful! Oh, I wept! It's gorgeous and moving and oh!

You really successfully explored the full connotations and consequences of that simple phrase.

I love how the words haunted Jack, particularly at those pivotal moments, and how Nathan appeared at the funeral. (How dare Allison get remarried the day before the anniversary of his death! ... But really it had been eight years, can't blame her.)

Also, the way you gave Zoe such an important role was fantastic.

Oh, and the absolute best part of this whole amazing thing? The irony of little Nathan becoming Sheriff, and little Jack becoming Scientist.

Thank you. Just, thank you.
Neenabluegirl chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
It was so depressing, I might have cried a little. I love how you used the "I'll see you around, Jack" to add to the story. I read the other reviews for this story, and I say I have to disagree. It might be hard for people to believe that Jack would kill himself, but if Nathan did mean that much to him, love makes people to things they normally wouldn't. I loved it anyway. Good job. You did a good job at getting into Jack's mind so we understood where he was coming from.
D chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
i loved it. just what i needed after too many fluffy stories. the ending was especially fitting. nicely done
anon2 chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
Jack Carter just isn't wired that way. He has a heavy sense of responsibility and guilt (the Angela plotline from his past)& would never EVER leave Zoe behind. He would willingly give his life up to protect or save her, but never purposefully kill himself.

You would have potential if you'd just keep your characters from going so OOC they escaped the earth's gravitational pull. :-/
anonymous chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
I really don't see Carter ever committing suicide like that or deciding after 8 years to just give up on his daughter and his responsibilities. Seems very OOC.
oldtimer chapter 1 . 11/19/2009