Reviews for The Chase
Shananigan chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
I loved this! Beautifully written. So glad I was able to read a bunch of these earlier today. Love your writing!
wordsaremyescape chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
This entire thing is absolute perfection. So amazing!
C chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
This was a fantastic story. I absolutely loved it. I listened to the song and followed the lyrics, while he was performing, so I could visualize it in my head. It was so great. You should write more Quick fan fiction. You have great potential as a writer.
starcrazed chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Chase what matters! I love it! So much! Puck rallying the troops to help him is great. And it's amazing that they all come through for him. Puck telling the truth and seeing it work out for him and keeping it up is really cool too. It shows growth, the kind that Quinn seemed to be waiting and hoping for even if she didn't realize it. The song you picked is totally perfect also. Amazing writing :)
clowneygirl chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Aww so schmoopy and sweet. Love it. I even like Santana in this and usually I'm not overly fond of her. And I didn't want to smack Rachel which is usually a very common occurrence. I loved Artie and Kurt too. Oh and Mercedes. I hated the way she reacted to Puck telling her he was the father on the show. I just love everything in this story. Awesome job!
Blatantly Anonymous chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
Wonderful. That's all I can really say. It was a touching story and it wasn't filled with all the cliches that I've been seeing recently. Great job! I loved it
Kkaty chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
and that is what glee club is all about :)
Gorram.Doll chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
really enjoyed this. but this part cracked me up:

"Rachel must have noticed his predicament (like he said, scary smart) because she makes eye contact, mouths him, "On three," and about three seconds later starts screaming and jumping up onto her seat. He see's her elbow Mercedes and Mercedes start to do the same, one of them eventually calling out, "Rat."

He recognizes the distraction they're providing him with and doesn't hesitate to take it. He hops off the stage and flees down the aisle as fast as his feet will take him. Before he's out the door, he hears Brittany join in the screaming, which is odd since he's pretty positive they were making up the existence of a rat, but he assumes she must just be that scared."

Oh my, how I love Brittany!
anonymous chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Oh God, I cannot believe I never saw it-Greg Laswell! Of course it's I'd be Lying. I swear, over the katrillionth times I listen to the song, I never thought how perfect this song was for Quinn/Puck (in all honesty, the first time i heard the song was pre-Glee era, so forgive me of my slowness). Before you mentioned it, i kept on thinking what song could artie be possibly be referring to. and when i saw greg laswell, my heart stopped. Even though i'm a big fan of Laswell, the reason why i'm so hyped up over this is because this is a perfect song for Puck to sing. I'm just beating myself up for never have thinking of this idea.

I say we petition this for the future episodes;Puck needs more solos.

Anyways, love the fic. I've always been on the fence between Rachel vs. Quinn when it comes to Puck, usually sideing with the puckleberries because of the fics (and partly because of Rachel getting Puck to sing a solo, which in turn brought out Sweet Caroline, that won me over). But after reading this one, I'm back on the fence. Its so...sweet. and your characterization was flawless. I even believed your Rachel.

I'm sorry, i wish i could write a decent review with some helpful insight, but the whole puck-singing-greg laswell got me all excited. Here's to more Puck solos and more Puck/Quinn/Baby familyness.
GentleReader chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
This was...just like an episode! I could see it unspooling in my head. I love how you take certain events/details from the show, and weave them organically into your plot: in particular, when Puck tells Mercedes he's the father.

The commercial set-up is great-unique, funny, and also (if we wanted to get all fancy :) a wry little comment on how media-influenced teenagers can be!

Finally, I really appreciate that Puck hasn't suddenly turned into Dudley Do-Right. He chooses honesty, respect, and reaching out not out of altruism, but because they can get him what he very Puck.

Well done!
asleepymonster chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
That was awesome! Good job!
ecaniaga chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Yay! This was wonderful, as per usual. I wish your predictions had come true in 'Ballads' haha! x
vmars15 chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
You are probably the best writer for Puck/Quinn stories! Every single one that you've written I've enjoyed and this is personally my favourite one. I love how you manage to show us different sides of the characters but still make them remain in character.

Please write another Puck/Quinn story soon! :)
Lila2 chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
this was really lovely and i think your strongest fic yet. puck's journey was very clear and well plotted and it all came together beautifully at the end.

in many ways i think this could a be a companion piece to redemption; puck atoning for his sins and changing for the better. the obstacles he faces could easily be interpreted as punishment for the wrong he's done (and there's a lot of it) yet with each step he takes towards making things right the obstacles fall away until there's nothing left to stand in his way. this fic felt very cohesive to me; you should be very proud.

i loved the theme of guilt and how much it changed not only puck's behavior but how he looked at the world around him. he should feel guilty for the things he's done, but i like how he's grown to the point where he can admit his faults and work to repair his mistakes. i also loved the seemingly endless reserve of compassion and love the glee kids have for him. they might make him admit what he did wrong, but they don't make him hold grudges. they're these little bundles of love and they don’t have room to hate, even as they teach lessons along the way.

i also adored how accepting the burden of guilt led to puck letting people in. your puck voice, especially his commentary on rachel and mercedes and how much they annoy him, was hilarious and accurate and provided really great insight to where his head was at. the part about him always being on a team and using that experience to make some sense of these changes in his life was a great idea.

i loved the bank commercial tying it all together. we’ve all found inspiration from odd places and i could totally see puck drawing inspiration from something so seemingly trivial. after all, it’s the little things in life that can make all the difference.

finally, i loved the focus on how trapped quinn was by her choice. i loved that puck could look at the situation and see it for what it truly was and let go of his anger to work towards achieving his goal. i loved the way you interpreted the scenes from “wheels” because it’s very in line with what i saw: quinn wanting to make a different choice but paralyzed by fear and self-hate and a million other things that kept her from doing what she wanted.

really, i enjoyed this *so* much. i’m going to look up the song too because i’ve never heard of it but it seemed very appropriate for this fic.
only-because3 chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
So, I've only recently gotten into Glee and one of the main reasons is because Puck and Quinn have completely enthralled me and as me bouncing off the walls every week! This story COMPLETELY filled my needs as to what could potentially happen to them and you made it so adorable and just *sigh* wonderful job