Reviews for Professor Layton and the Lost Light
bajy chapter 1 . 2/17
Oh, I forgot to mention that i also love a good old father and son story. Especially one between the professor and his apprentice.
bajy chapter 1 . 2/16
It was a very strange story, but otherwise it was very interesting, touching, saddening and intriguing. You did well on this story.
samrocker41 chapter 1 . 6/1/2015
Have you made the other 2 cause I'm loving this
Sonamy13333tlo chapter 7 . 8/8/2011
Okay first off, wow. I have to admit I couldn't peel my eyes off this story; once things started to move along. I really adore the plot. The thought of Luke being connected, is something different, exciting, and new that we as Layton fans are looking for. You kept true to the characters throughout the whole story and I enjoyed that. Your grammar needs a little touch up, but overall this has to be one the best Layton stories so far. You actually inspired me a bit. I hope you're proud yourself. :) It looks like everyone loves this story. It's brilliant it really is. Keep it up :) and lol sorry for sounding so... professional... xD I loved this :)
Jillie chan chapter 7 . 4/12/2011
Okay, you have a great idea but you might want to re-write your story.

First of all you send Luke and Layton to the Louvre in Paris and Luke says that "It's bigger than our museum!" That is at the very least an understatement. A person could spend three days in the Louvre, never revisit a single room and STILL not see everything. It is one of, if not THE, biggest museums in the world. I'm sure Luke, the apprentice of an archeologist, would know that. You might even want to make up a puzzle right there about the Louvre to highlight that fact.

Second, Paris is built on something called the Catacombs. The FAMOUS Paris catacombs. So Luke and Layton finding a tunnel under Paris is like finding a sea-shell on the beach: not that surprising. And yet you have Chemly and the Paolo act like this is a one of a kind find.

Third, there is an inconsistency with how the mask affects Luke. I understand that it’s supposed to hurt Luke because Paolo is misusing it. However you have it hurt Luke BEFORE anyone handles it! I might be better if Luke just completely zones out when he first sees the mask and after Paolo steals it THEN Luke starts feeling sick whenever it’s close.

I noticed that you also end your sense abruptly by having Layton start with “We found something that moved the plot forward but we’re tired and are going to bed at one in the afternoon! Ta!” It’s rather annoying and very obvious.

And while I admit that Aurua was an interesting character at the beginning of the story she lost her purpose shortly after Luke was kidnapped as she offers nothing more than being a body for Layton to have dialogue with from there.

And finally your biggest flaw is your grammar, most notably the verb tense. “Luke looked up, eyes barely opening. Layton smiles down, ruffling his assistance's hair.” Here you went from past tense to present tense in the span of two sentences. You do get better over the rest of the story but it’s still distracting.

Like I said, I like your idea. Hell, I love it. But I found these things distracting from my enjoyment and I hope that by pointing them out to you it will improve your writing.

See you soon.

Jillie chan
struckbyfarts chapter 7 . 2/19/2011
I promised myself that I wouldn't write an review until I finish the last chapter, so here it goes...

It was amazing, I love the story line and you play the characters so well, especially Inspector Chelmey. He always makes me LOL. The detail you gave, allowed me to picture all that was happening, I would love this to be a real game! The only problem I had, was your spelling, I had to infer some words within your chapters, besides that, all was well :D love the Flora bit, keep writing.

daylightvampire chapter 7 . 12/28/2010
Great story! I would like to see more stories from you. :)
quwira chapter 7 . 12/18/2010
awww that was cute :)
laytonfanatic chapter 7 . 12/17/2010
hahahaha! it always happens doesn't it!
Theturtlesketchbook chapter 7 . 12/16/2010
I bet flora will be so mad a layton and luke. She'll probally make them eat her cooking!

Great story~ Had on the EDGE.

Lovely ending, there aren't many stories quite like this so it's a true rarity!
Colored-Sand chapter 7 . 12/15/2010
Oh, what a nice ending! Everything is resolved! Don Paolo's on the run, Layton saved the day as always, Luke didn't die (well, in the end) and -

Oh crud! They forgot Flora! I didn't remember her existence until the end! XD

No, really, I loved this! The suspense was well balanced with humor and some drama!
ardx chapter 7 . 12/15/2010
MasumeLee chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
I LOVE this story. Make hast for the next chapter! Your darling fans are waiting!
laytonfanatic chapter 6 . 11/6/2010
nazonin chapter 6 . 10/18/2010
You tell an intriguing story! I hope you finish this, I'd love to see how it all works out.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »