Reviews for Victory
Guest chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
Very, very good! You have hit the nail squarely on the head!
Lord22 chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
This story is a truely brilliant work. Your characterization of Jadis was spot on. The way in which you made it clear that for all her pride and power, Jadis in the end was nothing, and had nothing, because she had done nothing except corrupt and destroy.

Thank you for writing this.
WriterWilf chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Well done. And indeed, she has lost. She lost all along.
Queen Emily the Diligent chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
Awesome! perfect title!
Wyngana chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
This is such a moving-ly written story, I LOVE IT!

Yeah, I get what you mean with Jadis' fail-triumph. I've always wondered why Aslan let her loose for 100 years without actually doing anything, he was the one who created Narnia after all.

But then you wrote this and gave me some idea about his reasons, so thanks :)

This was an inspiring story to read and it was refreshing as the POV came from someone else completely.
Countess of Western March chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
I am adding this to faves! i loved how dramatic all this sounds, what you say is very true here! splendid writing! :D
Dublin's Eveline chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
A beautiful, aching piece. You capture Jadis's mindset so well! Fantastic job!

xoxo

-Dubliner
Love and Rock Music chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
Lovely, just lovely! I particularly enjoyed the continuous flow here, the way one significant experience moves into another and the details sort of slip past - it's very Jadis to not notice the smaller things. Only great victory - or great defeat - is important. The rhythm of this piece is fantastic, too. What a wonderful, unique oneshot!
ilysia chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
This was, I thought, very brilliantly done- I'm surprised that I've not read it before (and yet, considering how remiss I am in checking the archives, maybe I'm not so surprised...). The second person, though not a common or easy to write point of view, is used excellently here, and it gives this piece a sense of distance from the events of Jadis' life without throwing us completely out; impartial observers with benefits, I suppose.

The characterization of Jadis here is brilliant, very true. You've painted her not only as evil but as deluded, and, perhaps, slightly insane (which I think she is, but only enough so to be terribly, terribly dangerous in her insanity). I was particularly drawn to the connection you made between Jadis' eating of the apple and her authority over traitors; it's almost as though, by eating of that which was forbidden, Jadis took on the role of Aslan's opposer. She is Death to his Life, Hell to his Heaven. It's a wonderful connection, and very skillfully wrapped into one small sentence.

All in all, this is a fascinating, well written look at a rather terrible character. I can only give my kudos to a wonderful piece. Bravo!
Epsilon Scorpii chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
Cool! Awesome. I loved it; so short, sweet... loved it, really. really really loved it. Thanks for writing this. :D
King Caspian the Seafarer chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
I don't think I've ever read anything in second person that I liked better than this. I'm actually still shivering.

You did a really great job in this at showing the cold haughtiness (doesn't begin to describe, but it's the best I can think of for now) of Jadis and the way she viewed everything around her. The 'Nothing' and 'Victory' bits strewn at the beginning and end and in between were like cobwebs linking everything together. And it's interesting, really, how her victory /is/ empty in Charn, in Narnia, and then when she kills Aslan. Because ultimately, it is /His/ victory. Wonderful illustration of that.

I was going to chose a favorite line but there are too many. I liked "But worse than the Nothing is the appearance of Something." /That/ made me shiver.

So wow. Terrific job. Like, so going on my fav's. ;)

Lion be with you,

KC
penspot chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Wow, this was very good. Kudos! (Seriously I am giving you the awsome little granola bars covered in chocolate and embedded with M&M's. Kudos)
rthstewart chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Whoa. Very intense and interesting use of the second person which makes it feel didactic (in a good way) - I'm thinking of passages and exhortations in religious texts for instance. There is, indeed, a very strong element of reaping what you sow in this. I liked especially her short lived triumph in watching the golf fade from his eyes.

Thanks so much!
Flavio S chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
WOW!

This is a really cool fanfic!

A really good view of Jadis.

Congratulations!
almostinsane chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
Great story! I actually loved the Second Person used. Thanks for writing this. God bless!