Reviews for Quintessence
Yva J chapter 5 . 11/23/2009
Well, it's established, you are writing rings around anything I could come up with in this verse. WOW doesn't even begin to cover it. This story is pure magic.

Thanks also for the shout out. When I review a story, I tend to give constructive as well as positive feedback. There's absolutely nothing that you have added to this to make it better than it already is. This is absolutely brilliant. I loved the scene at the party when he snubbed that woman. Some people really should mind their own business.

Thanks too for the speedy update. I will have to be patient for the next one.

I'm patient...I'm patient. ;)

hazlgrnLizzy chapter 5 . 11/23/2009
A fantastic chapter, and I look forward to reading what comes next!
Anon chapter 4 . 11/23/2009
Great new chapter; I was very happy to see the story updated. I love the little things that Sarah is almost-remembering... The golden glitter snow globe I have an idea will be important later on... Hopefully! The world that you are building within this story is very intriguing...
Yva J chapter 4 . 11/23/2009
Yet again, you have captured my imagination with your story. Truly a wonderful story, which I can't wait to read more of.

I loved the bits with the crystal globe and the owl. That was a brilliant addition to the story, and I think that will be instrumental in Sarah discovering the truth.

Post more soon, I am really enjoying the story, and love the feel of it...Magical!

Yva J chapter 3 . 11/23/2009
Jareth to the rescue! Yay! What a guy and I love how Didymus was a part of it as the butler. He's very much in character and I love the twists that you incorporated with his character. He really is as he was in the movie, maybe not physically, but his mind and heart are always in the right place.

Loved the description you used throughout the chapter, and I truly appreciated what Jareth had been thinking about her plight. I do hope you intend on giving that antagonistic lot their just desserts. Especially the wicked stepmother, she's a real piece of work, that one.

You are weaving a wonderful story here, an adult fairy tale, if you will. I like that you are adding Didymus as the sort of conscience to Jareth, especially about Sarah being 17. The conscious awareness that you are including here is really wonderfully done. I do get turned off by people having romantic feelings for children, but your writing conveys Sarah as more a young woman than a kid.

As I said in earlier reviews, you are doing a truly remarkable job here, and it's nice to actually read a story where all the 'i's' are dotted and the 't's' are crossed. That is, you are presenting a complete package here, not just a great story, but attention to the grammar, spelling, and format.

Good show.

Yva J chapter 2 . 11/23/2009
Oh wow, magic beans. I never would have anticipated that, but wow, it is so great. You write Jareth in such a way that only he could convince us that magic beans are real. Anyone else saying that would have been an absolute geek.

I love it! Have I said that yet? Well, it bears repeating, this is one of the most brilliant stories I have ever read here. It's beyond awesome.

That dinner...wow! :) This is the epitome of awesome. :D

Yva J chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
As promised, here I am with a review on this first chapter. I am going to be reading and reviewing this one dilligently for the simple fact that I LOVE IT! This is simply from reading chapter one and I am completely hooked.

I loved the way you described Sarah's life; with just enough description to put the reader there, but also keep it from going dry. I really loved the angle you took as I got the impression of her 'stepmother' in the same way you described...resentful, hateful, and vindictive. You did a good job with this.

She's really a great Cinderella character. I know that she will come out on top, but it's going to be an adventure to read it.

The other thing I loved reading, was the simple discription of her eyes and how you conveyed her unhappyness by the words you used to describe her eyes. I have always believed that the eyes are the mirror to the soul, and you conveyed this wonderfully.

This is an instant favorite. Wonderful job. I'm going to return to reading the next chapter, and will be back when I have that bit read.

Great job! :)

hazlgrnLizzy chapter 4 . 11/22/2009
A wonderful chapter, and even when the simple chapters are this well done the rest of the story follows!
ShadowyLined chapter 4 . 11/22/2009
Yay! I was looking forward to this chapter, hehe. Very nicely done once again. Love Jareth's take charge attitude. Can't wait to see when Sarah remembers everything about her trip through the Labyrinth... Oh, one teensy thing; it's Didymus; no 'o' in there. Other than there, I saw a few tiny little things but nothing major. Can't wait for more!

fm
mikkianne chapter 4 . 11/22/2009
Great chapter.

I love how your chapters have such great depth in them.

Desperately waiting for the next chapter.
Anon chapter 3 . 11/21/2009
Something about this story... I completely adore it. The premise, excellent imagining and bringing the story to life. I was completely captivated for these first three chapters, definitely to keep an eye on this. What a terrible life for Sarah - bless the 'Goblin King to the rescue'...
curly-kitty chapter 3 . 11/21/2009
I completely adore what you're doing with this story, especially the aspect where Jareth understands and loves Sarah all the more for having refused his offer after runing the Labyrinth. It's a wonderful spin on a favorite classic, and one that I find I'm surprised to like much better than the usual 'revenge plot.' I'm eagerly waiting for more on this story and am going to go check out the other stories you've written now.
Felidae-Fae chapter 3 . 11/21/2009
being a phantom phangirl, i do not often delve into the thousands of other stories that exist beyond my phantomy bubble- however, labarinth was and always will be a favorite, having watched it at aroud the age of 5, and loveing it eversince.

This is a humerous, touching read, that reunites the two wonderfully- a magnificent sequel, as it were.

Please, update- i LOVE it!:)
Mako-clb chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Oh, I love this movie, and when I saw your fic, I couldn't wait to read it. I can see this is going to be a fangirl's dream.
Rannegs chapter 3 . 11/20/2009