Reviews for Quintessence
ShadowyLined chapter 7 . 11/25/2009
Thank you for not leaving Sarah in the freezing water until after Thanksgiving, lol. I'm at work so can't leave a lengthy review other than to say this was lovely!

fm
ShadowyLined chapter 6 . 11/25/2009
I see there's a chapter seven, so unless it's an author's note, I won't be screaming "cheat", lol. This is harsh, you! But you've given Sarah good reason to feel this way, and her sudden flood of memories... yeah, I can believe it. Sometimes it's just unbelievable and ridiculous, but this Sarah... yes, she's fragile enough to react in this way. Ugh. I can wait no longer; I must see about this chapter seven...

fm
Lacewing chapter 6 . 11/25/2009
*gets out gun and gives significant looks over the barrel* heehee

This chapter felt a little rushed, but still good.
beyondjaded chapter 6 . 11/25/2009
Oh that is just cruel and EBIL! I do really like how you described Sarah's feelings. Now I can't wait for Jareth to rescue her. Cause you know he will. Just cause he's Jareth and he's awesome like that. :D
violingrl07 chapter 6 . 11/25/2009
Ugh, let them cook their own feast. Tell them you have better things to do :) Just kidding (mostly)! I'm not home for Thanksgiving this year, so I get a full Thanksgiving in my university dining hall with none of the dish-washing afterward! They even carve a turkey, well, more like several turkeys.

Pretty poem from Lord Byron, even though Romantic literature and music is usually a little too angsty for me. Mendelssohn is about as late as I go, though I do make an exception for opera.

Cruel of you to end there! Would it have been so hard to add the paragraphs until Jareth finds her. *sigh*

A tiny misspelling: "Escher" instead of "Esher"

Have a great Thanksgiving!
chilalisnowbird chapter 6 . 11/25/2009
Shooting you means we don't get the next chapter. I'll stick to placing a curse on your turkey stuffings.
ForYou.Anything chapter 6 . 11/25/2009
This story is really good, really original. I like how you're not taking the reactions of the characters for granted, you've brought it a whole new perspective. I love it! Up date soon! x
Yva J chapter 6 . 11/25/2009
Another amazing chapter, but that cliffhanger was pure evil. ;) I liked it though, and the way Sarah remembered was simply wonderful drama and angst. You are really rolling with this and I am loving every word.

Truly amazing stuff. I am very much on pins and needles with this. Can't think of much else to say that has not already been said. I am really anxious as to what will happen next. Here's hoping Jareth reaches her in time.

Have a wonderful holiday, and here's hoping you survive to bring us a new chapter come Friday or Saturday. Enjoy the day. :)

Yva
hazlgrnLizzy chapter 6 . 11/25/2009
Great chapter, and I look forward to the next!
Elkian chapter 5 . 11/23/2009
I'm REALLY enjoying this. Tasteful and engrossing for sure. I do like that you have both main characters saving themselves
ShadowyLined chapter 5 . 11/23/2009
You're welcome! Thanks for another chapter so quickly, yays! This was lovely. Sarah's dress sounds gorgeous, wow, but I don't think I'd want to wear it. I wore a somewhat corseted dress for my brother's wedding and thought I was going to die, lol. By the way, you need to watch your comma usage (the obligatory fm review tip). When you would normally 'hear' a little pause, such as saying a name in speech, you need a comma. Let me know if that helps or if you need examples and I'll PM ya.

fm ;-)
violingrl07 chapter 5 . 11/23/2009
I've been lazy about reviewing, but this chapter was amazing (even more amazing, I should say), so I could no longer hold out...

Thanks to you, I now know what a grafton collar is! Seriously, reading fanfiction is educational.

Your Jareth is rather lighter than many, but I definitely like the characterization. Also, Sarah is very believable, I think. The only thing that didn't quite make sense in the story was how Sarah's "parents" got away with treating her that way. But on the other hand, "Labyrinth" clearly owes a lot to the fairy tale tradition, so the idea of a wicked stepmother and an apathetic or ambivalent father fits quite well (see "Juniper Tree", the grimmest of the Grimms). Though if it's a small town, there might not be as many resources for Sarah to take advantage of in order to escape her drudgery.

I'm also thrilled that you update so often. Hopefully, this good thing will come to an and only after it's finished!
Yva J chapter 5 . 11/23/2009
Well, it's established, you are writing rings around anything I could come up with in this verse. WOW doesn't even begin to cover it. This story is pure magic.

Thanks also for the shout out. When I review a story, I tend to give constructive as well as positive feedback. There's absolutely nothing that you have added to this to make it better than it already is. This is absolutely brilliant. I loved the scene at the party when he snubbed that woman. Some people really should mind their own business.

Thanks too for the speedy update. I will have to be patient for the next one.

I'm patient...I'm patient. ;)

Yva
hazlgrnLizzy chapter 5 . 11/23/2009
A fantastic chapter, and I look forward to reading what comes next!
Anon chapter 4 . 11/23/2009
Great new chapter; I was very happy to see the story updated. I love the little things that Sarah is almost-remembering... The golden glitter snow globe I have an idea will be important later on... Hopefully! The world that you are building within this story is very intriguing...
185 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »