Reviews for Whisky Lullaby
steadyasbella94 chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
im all emotional now... this is a great story.
Inoeth chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
Now that was a horribly chilling story. I liked how you portrayed Buffy and willow's interaction. I will give a couple of comments tho. one, you should have Buffy (at least think to herself) about her experiences with Faith, and perhaps even imply that they had at least some sort of make out session or something. it would kind of fit in with cannon.

Secondly, Buffy should be feeling just if not more guilty about the sex with willow because willow is still grieving so heavily, so perhaps have that lead to awkwardness that leads to Buffy ignoring Willow until she find her in the end.

My final comment is one that makes little difference since its an AU, and that is that almost as soon as the whole thing on kingmans bluff was over, Giles whisked willow away to England, and that even if he hadn't she still should be using magic more often because at this point she is still insanely addicted.

None the less a good story. keep writing.
Howard Russell chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
Wow, the ending seemed abrupt. We don't know what Willow died of, nor how Buffy will react to it. It feels very unresolved.

For Buffy, it's really traumatic. After Angel and Parker, she already has a history of only getting one night with someone. In this story, she also only gets one night. It may be a week before Willow leaves her, but it is so permanent. I can see Buffy blaming herself for this completely, and vowing to remain celibate.
Spurlunk chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Hm. I'm not sure what to say about this piece. It was very interesting, and other than a few minor spelling and grammar mistakes, you're good on that front. I would have liked if you had longer paragraphs, though. It was kind of annoying to read one line and then you just start a new paragraph for the next line when they could have gone together.

You got Willow's characterization down pat. She felt very believable, and having just rewatched the episode where Oz leaves, the way she deals with Tara's death in your fic seems really reasonable. I'm not a huge fan of the Buffy/Willow in your fic though, for some reason I just don't see that happening. S

Also, her death was really abrupt, and there was no real lead-up to it. I know you meant for there to be, but it just didn't feel right somehow. I don't know. I hope this all makes sense to you and I'm not just rambling. xP
wiffyscoob chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
In response to the 'wagging of the finger disapprovingly' here is a review. I actually considered putting it on IKOLY2 but decided to do it here instead.

I like the idea that Willow instead turns her grief inwards after Tara died instead of trying to end the world. I thought the whole magic addiction idea was weak and I agree with some people who felt destroying the world was too far out of character for Willow.

I can see why you chose alcohol for Willow to drown her sorrows in as she did it with Oz, but whisky seems a bit on the far reaching side. Buffy doing everything she can to help her friend is something I really liked. In season six, Buffy is crying on far too long about being dragged from heaven so it's nice to see her focus on someone besides herself.

The ending I'm not totally clear on. Did she commit suicide or was it a case of alcohol poisoning? When I first read it on IKOLY2, you didn't put complete so I was hoping you were going to come up with something to negate the Buffy canon of never letting having the main characters be happy or have the promise of a happy relationship.

I was at first taken aback at the usage of the single quotation marks. I know in the UK (I see on your profile it says Sweden so I'm guessing you learned English the British way) single quotation marks can be used. Here in the States we use double quotation marks so I was thrown at first.

As I recall, you wrote a review for one of my stories indicating that I had no scene breaks and it was difficult to read. I want to thank you for pointing that out to me. The system here is very finicky. I hadn't noticed when I posted that my scene breaks from my original docs were missing. As you can tell, I finally figured out a way to circumvent this. It looks like YOU should do the same. There are areas in the story where I can see the need for scene breaks. You can do what I did and simply separate by using ellipses (...) because the system seems to accept that. I have always used an asterisk but like I said, that just doesn't fly on this system.

Okay, I think that does it for this story. I love the B/W so it's always great to read new stories. As you know, I put one of your stories on my favorites which I will review soon.
SkipToTheEnd chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Really liked the characterisation in this story, particularly Willow.

I usually get a bit twitchy when people try to push Buffy and Willow together with some lame set-up, but this time I thought it worked.

Well done!
Wispr chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
Oh wow... that bloody hit hard. You actually left me speechless with this story.

A very sad and yet good fic you created.

Wispr
Midnight.Sylvia chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Fantastic writing, and such a lovely style. It could be seen that it was coming, but it that didn’t stop the emotional punch. Wished there could have been more Buffy and Willow interaction though. Hopefully you’ll do some more Buffy stories.
Barnabas C chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
I kinda saw it coming, but still: damn. :( Very nicely-written, and I hope you'll do more in the Buffyverse soon.

Such a great song...
Shawntail chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
wa

poor Willow

*sniffle*sniffle*

*blows nose*

nicly written, like your style :)
Arkeus chapter 1 . 11/20/2009