Reviews for Hey is Beautiful
shadow375 chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Definitely can see a story coming out of this :)

Great job with the angst!
thena-ditey chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
It's good. And I can't find any more words.
Darcy Foster chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
zebraboymom chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
Just read this old story of yours. Beautiful, just beautiful. You captured their connection in a way few are able. Thanks for sharing your talent.
Serenity Starke chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
I really liked this story. It's different in the way it was presented but I liked it none the less. I almost wish you had made it into a full length story rather than a one shot. There is so much potential for that story to be fleshed out. I absolutely love the last paragraph. It was very moving and said so much. I think I reread that paragraph 6 times! lol! Love Marshall and his protectiveness, tanacity and his emotionally side. This was very well done.
ScarletCourt chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Last review of this evening. :)

Poor Mary! Poor Marshall! After a traumatic event like that, there's bound to be a greater bond between them. Certainly not something that we would be able to see on the show. They may discuss it but definitely won't fit the PG rating the show has. :) Glad you put it down to paper (well, down to the internet, but you know what I mean).

I really liked how it's from Marshall's POV. In S1, we don't see nearly enough of stuff from Marshall's POV. I understand that has changed over time in S2 and S3.

Really makes sense with how they didn't want to be separated after the ordeal. I'm wondering about the timeline of this piece. I'm guessing it would be after Quips and Salsa, but I'm not 100% certain.

An excellent piece. I really enjoyed it (despite the dark material). Great job!
Social Escort chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
The short, choppy descriptions went a long way in conveying the suspense. It's incredibly well thought out. I dare any fan of the show to read it and not be moved. I especially loved him kicking the hell out of the guys; there was so little he could do that even the smallest things meant something.

Mary gets raped a lot. Very unlucky :O (Kidding!)

But I can also definitely tell how far you've come as a writer since you wrote this. You've made major strides of improvement. Wow, great little one-shot. Words cannot describe, even though I've been describing for like three minutes xD
kanskyny chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
I liked this. It's vague, which makes it better, somehow.
sagey chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
dark, very dark but know what i mean..thanks
Divinity84 chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
Girl, you have got a way with the dark. A good way. :) Even for this short little clip, you had me holding my breath. Great job.
PollyCrackers chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
I liked this. You have a knack for creating beautiful little moments, indelible images that I find myself reading over and over. In this story I was particularly struck by the description of Mary first being returned to Marshall. Good stuff.
Black Tulip chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
It was dark and terrible... but also beautiful in a way.
Freaya chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Okay, I am more composed now and have read the story a few more times.

["I look forward to it. This story rambled out of my brain unexpectedly and wouldn't leave me alone until I wrote it."] - I'm not surprised it wouldn't leave you alone it is a fantastic story. Part of what makes it so great is that it leaves a lot of info only implied and left up to the reader to decide.

Whilst it is certainly darker than your other works it is definately within the realms of resonably possible within the story. I thought that the characters were so spot on, being restrained and unable to do anything all Marshall can do is be there for her. Whilst you would of course expect Mary to avoid contact after such an experience, this is Marshall we are talking about here and that doesn't count.

[ “Love you, love you, love you…” He felt her nod as she somehow understood. Both alive.] I think this is where I started to cry and didn't stop.

[“Hey” ] What else could they have possibly said, at least with the company they had. After such an ordeal without being able to communicate it is a promise to stick together.

And the last paragraph could be a story in itself!
TheFisherKitty chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
This might be the best story I've read yet on this site. I love it. It's so good and heartbreaking. I actually cried a little, which elevates this story to a whole new level for me. I'm not giving a very good description of how great I think this story is, because I don't have the words for that. Keep writing forever! )
superwoman1015 chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
This wasn't what i was expecting, but you know what? I liked it. There was just enough in there to make it believable, but not enough as to make me sick. I really liked it, and the different style it was written in was fun to read as well.