Reviews for Message from Morelli
Avid Reader 59 chapter 1 . 4/10/2011
I just reviewed the Message from Ranger, then found this. Again, I think it's very creative. You've captured Joe's personality perfectly. I've always felt that Joe loves Steph a lot, although in Janet's books I don't think he's shown that he's ready to settle down and get married yet. I feel a little sorry for him because while Steph may not be cheating on him by sleeping with Ranger, she is still two-timing him by allowing Ranger to kiss and fondle her. Before I started reading fan fiction, I wasn't sure who I wanted Steph to end up with, but now after reading so many Babe stories, I have to admit I'd like to see her end up with Ranger. At least until I read something like this, then I think she should choose to stay with Joe. (Smile)
veiland chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
OK, I'm a BABE all the way, but after reading this piece, you made me feel something for Joe. I mean, he's not right for Stephanie, but no matter what, it's clear that he loves her and you reminded us all of that with this piece.

A lot of FanFic has really done Joe really badly, but then, JE has really setup this sorry situation by giving Steph two great guys to choose from and, 16 books later, no decision (that's really starting to tick me off). Message from Morelli is a reminder that, no matter how much most of us love Ranger (looks like 95% of the fanfic is pro-Ranger), Morelli is a good man whose love comes with a ring (and the 'Burg, and the expectations...I mean, he's not perfect... :) ) Great job with this story.
Mik N'jirnav chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Another cute one that made me smile.
DyanSwan chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
I'm a Babe and usually don't care a whit for Morelli. I'll keep my opinions to myself. But you did make me at least care about his feelings a bit. To a Babe like me that's an accomplishment.
Domino13 chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
One of the few Morelli POVs that I have truly enjoyed reading. You captured his cockiness while also displaying some vulnerability without making him appear wimpy.

Did you ever consider sending this to JE?
Bite me Eric chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
i want more, you have got my attention :)
Boxster Girl chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
It's great to hear from Joe. Thanks for writing this.
StupidForPlum chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Thank you! I really like this version of Morelli. The last few books, especially 15, gave him a new light - more Steph friendly. Nice to see someone else thinks so, too.
chloewren chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Well, I am definitely not a Joe fan. The way JE writes him, he seems tht he is always demeaning and belittling Steph. I am a totaly Babe because Ranger takes care of her without stifling her.

That said, I do like the way you wrote this story. You humanized Joe in a was tht JE never does. I might like him more if she did.

Excellent job of portraying Joe's feelings.

-chloe
mel7190 chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Thanks for this! Nice to see Morelli talked about for the great guy that he is in JE's books! Maybe I'm biased since I'm married to my own Italian Stalion! ;o) Morelli is really good to Steph. He stocks her kitchen, cooks for her and even puts up with her working with a guy he knows lusts after her (Ranger). Sadly, in the last half of the series, Morelli is probably too good for Stephanie!

My only beef would be that I think it's a myth that Ranger sent Steph back to Morelli. She was never Ranger's to begin with! It was one night of sex after which he pretty much bolted. In HE, Steph was clearly upset about having what she knew was meaningless sex with Ranger, missed Morelli terribly AND she told Ranger that it wasn't going to work BEFORE he said "I know. You need to repair your relationship with Morelli."

I know there are a lot of Babes out there, but the R/S relationship amounts to a one night stand and her cheating on her boyfriend by kissing and petting with another guy she claims is just a friend. Where are Steph's morals anyway? I don't see the romance there at all. Just my opinion.
Ryl chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Excellent job of making Joe human! You've given him real emotions and vulnerability. Nicely done.
SueB3 chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
I'm a Babe through and through, and sometimes don't treat Joe very nicely, but I have to say that this sounds like the real man, not the one for Steph understand, I can't shake years and years of Babeness, but a true flesh and blood, strong and insecure, just trying to figure it all out pretty nice guy. One who really does love his Cupcake. Nice job. SueB